Categories > Original > Horror

The Price Of Gossip

by lost_in_the_shuffle 1 review

Peggy Blue gossiped and lied about everyone, until the day she gossiped about the wrong person and paid the price.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-06 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 328 words - Complete

0Unrated
Peggy Blue liked to gossip. It didn't matter if it was true or not. If there wasn't gossip to be had, she made it up. She loved to make other people miserable, because she was miserable. One day a new neighbor moved in, he was a very mysterious man. He moved around a lot at night, but during the day you would never see him. Peggy was determined to find out about this man. She followed him around for a few nights, and decided he must be a vampire. So she told her two good friends Phantsia and Christa, who she knew could be counted on to spread the word. Soon the whole neighbor hood knew and they treated the new neighbor with fear. Peggy was very pleased that again she caused chaos with her malicious gossip. That night she went to bed smiling and imaging what other lies she could come up with about the new neighbor. She slept for a few hours and suddenly woke with the feeling that someone else was in the room with her. In terror she sat up and looked wildly around the room. Her new neighbor stood by the open window glaring at her with malice. "You like to spread gossip and lies about people" he said as he stalked towards the bed. " I am no vampire" he said as he towered over her, "no Peggy I am much much worse, I am death. Now I have come for you as punishment for your ill deeds." He swooped down on top of Peggy who screamed and screamed with fear and pain. The next day her friends came looking for her but all they found was a empty bed. Peggy was gone, never to be seen again. The gossip of course was she ran off with her new neighbor. Who disappeared the same night she did. But we know the truth, Peggy gossiped about the wrong person and she paid the price.
Sign up to rate and review this story