Categories > Original > Mystery

The Perfect Crime

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

When Chloe is found dead, the only suspect seems to be her boyfriend.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-06 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 831 words - Complete

0Unrated
The girl ran in terror through the woods, she knew the killer was out there somewhere. She stumbled and fell, than whimpered in terror and she heard the crunch of leaves. A hand reached out and grabbed her hair, than she felt a hand like iron grip her by the throat. As it gripped her tighter, she tried to breathe, but found no air. As the fire in her lungs burned hotter, she saw only a world clad in darkness. Soon she was still, hanging from her killer's fingers like a child's rag doll. . The killer threw the rope on the ground next to the body and than dropped something before walking away.

George woke to a violent pounding on the door, he got out of bed and stumbled down the stairs. "Police, open up" a gruff voice yelled. George opened the door. Two men in police uniforms stood on his porch. "What seems to be the problem officers?" George asked peering out at them. "Are you George Winters?" One of the policemen asked."Yes, but what's this about?" George asked. One of the police men took a pair of handcuffs and stepped up to George. "Please turn around sir" he said and began the Miranda rights as he handcuffed George. They put him in the police car and drove him to the station. They put him in a room, where he paced back and forth for what seemed like hours. Finally a police detective came into the room. "Have a seat Mr. Winters" the detective said, "do you know a Chloe Sanders?" "Yes I do," George said as he sat down,"We've dated on and off for two years." He looked at the detective, "Is Chloe alright?" The detective stared at George, "Ms. Sanders has been murdered and we found this at the scene of the crime." He pushed a lighter in a plastic bag towards George, "do you recognize it?" George looked at it in shock, "yes" he said "that's mine, but I lost it a week ago." He looked at the detective with shock, " you don't think I could've killed her?" "Yes Mr. Winters that's exactly what we think" the detective said. "Can you tell us where U were between nine and midnight last night?" "I was home alone" George said. " So no one can verify your story?" The detective asked, "No" George swallowed nervously. " But I would never hurt Chloe, I loved her" he said. "Oh really," the detective took out a pad of paper and read off it " A Ms. Melissa Gold, claims that when Ms. Sanders broke it off. You said " I'll hurt you, you bitch if it's the last thing I do." The detective looked at George, " that certainly doesn't sound like a man in love to me." " I was angry" George said, "but I would never hurt her." The detective stood, "well Mr. Winters, that's for a jury to decide."

Months later it finally came time for George's trial. Melissa sat and told tearfully how George had threatened Chloe and how when Chloe hadn't come home that night from work, she knew something was wrong. The jury debated for a hour, than filed out with a verdict.
"Do you have a verdict?" The judge asked the foreperson. "We do your honor," she said, "we find the defendant guilty." As the courtroom erupted in noise and the jurors read off their verdicts George sat stunned. The guard lead him out and put him in a room await transportation. He watched in shock as Melissa came into the room. "Please give me a minute with him alone," she said to the guard "I want to look at my best friends murderer one last time." The guard nodded and stepped out closing the door. Melissa sat in a chair and looked at George with tears in her eyes. George sat forward and said urgently "Melissa you have to believe me, I didn't kill Chloe." Melissa ducked her head and when she raised it again the tears where gone. "I know," she said, George looked at her in shock. " You know?" He shouted "than why didn't you tell them?" Melissa looked at George with loathing, "you see dear George" she said " I hated Chloe, she had everything. Beauty, talent, money. Than you came along, and she had to have you too. I liked you but you never noticed me. You only had eyes for Chloe." Melissa snorted in disgust, " I thought I finally had my chance when you two broke up. But than the little bitch ruined it all, like she ruined everything. She told me she was getting back together with you. So I took her out to the woods and I wrapped my hands around her pretty neck and choked the life from her body. Melissa stood up and began to walk to the door. George yelled " You killed Chloe?" Melissa turned and looked at George "prove it" she said. Than walked out the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story