Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > The Deadly Feeling

Chapter Three

by Phantom_Reader 0 reviews

Early one morning, Christine sees the one person she'd never thought she'd see again.

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Erik, Raoul, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-07 - Updated: 2007-03-08 - 669 words

0Unrated
It was days later, I woke up early and before anyone was awake, I decided to go and take a swim myself. When I was far enough away from the house, I started to sing softly. I stopped short when I saw a tall figure up ahead; I wasn't sure what to do, so I dived into those dark waters. When I couldn't hold my breath any longer, I popped my head out of the water, pushed my long curls out of my eyes and took a look around. When I felt it was safe, I started to relax. "Perhaps it was just my imagination," I thought with relief as I swam toward the wall. Once I was out of the water, I just sat there, kicking my feet in the water dreamily and humming softly to myself when all of the sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder. At first I thought it was Erik, but then I realized that the hand wasn't cold and bony, but warm and soft, it felt wonderful, but one question enter my head at exact moment "If that isn't Erik, then who is behind me? The moment I turned, my question was answered, for there crouching behind me was Raoul! His clothes were soaked and he had a black eye, but his smile was warm. For a moment or two we just sat there, staring at each other in disbelief and then I flew into his arms.

"Oh Raoul!" I cried. "I thought you had forgotten about me!"

"I could never forget you." he answered, as he held me close. I rested my head on his good shoulder as he cradled me for a few minutes. Then he held me at arms length and said, "Christine, I'm sorry for the way I treated you before, the time I had away from you gave me time to realize that you're an independent woman, and should be treated as such." Then he took my hands in his and asked in a gentle voice, "I love you and will you forgive me?" I heart leaped for joy when I heard these words, because I knew he meant what he said.

"Of course, I'll forgive you only if you forgive me for leaving you in the first place." I said, gazing in his deep blue eyes.

"I forgive you with all my heart," he whispered, giving me a look that made my heart melt, for I knew it was true. Our tender moment was broken by the sound of Erik's voice, "Christine!" he cried.

"Oh, no, it's Erik, I must go." I told Raoul.

"When will I see you again?" he asked, quickly.

"Tomorrow at the same time, now go, quickly" I told him. I gave him a quick kiss and ran up to the house to meet Erik. "Where were you?" he asked suspiciously. "I was taking an early morning swim, dear." I said, breathlessly, there was now way I could lie about that since my clothes were extremely wet. "Yes, I can see that." he answered, eyeing me. "Well, go get yourself cleaned up and meet me in the dining room for some breakfast, okay?" (At that moment I realized that I was still in my chemise.) I nodded, gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to my room, singing the whole time. In a few minutes after I had slipped on a lavender gown, I went to go meet Erik for breakfast. When I met up with him, I saw he had on a fresh tuxedo and he mask was gleaming in the candlelight as we sat down.

"Did you rest well last night?" he asked as I put some butter on my toast.

"Oh, yes. Thank you." I answered politely. We talked a little more on music, food and our heritage. After breakfast, Erik sat at the organ, as we started our lesson and I sang better then ever, and it was all because of my meeting that morning.
Sign up to rate and review this story