Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > My Dark Angel

My Dark Angel

by Momi 1 review

A girl get off at the wrong train stop to find that shes thousands of miles away from her friends. Find out what happens when this girl come into contact with the enigma himself. Yes that right, GA...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gaara - Published: 2007-03-09 - Updated: 2007-03-09 - 1234 words

-1MarySue
"So where ya from kid?" asked Sam, as I soon found out was her name.
"Um, Virginia." Sam looked at me strangely.
"What are you doing all the way out here in Japan, then?" she asked bewildered,
"My friends and I ran away from home. We've been living by ourselves for about two years now. The girls went up to a camp further south, but I had stayed back to gather my thoughts."
"About what?" Sam interjected.
"My Grandpa died in late April, they were supposed to have had a funeral, but it was canceled and instead they cremated his body and let his ashes go, I think. It was hard for me to get over that."
"I'm so sorry! I know how it feels trust me!" Sam put her arm around me, holding me close. I smiled sadly. This had been the first time in a long, long time that I had even spoken of my Grandfather.
"You hungry, Amy?" Sam asked.
"Yeah, seriously! I haven't had anything to eat since I left this morning!" I exclaimed.
Later that night I was sitting in the window seat of my new room and gazed up at the moon and stars above. It was amazing how many stars you could see when you were far away from the city; it was so beautiful! Each star was glistening and sparkling brightly, I was even able to play the constellation game. I opened the window and turned off the lights to get a better look; the glare from the overhead light was horrible.
My lord you should have seen the moon! It was so huge. Without the lights from the city or the light in my room on you could see the gorgeous light that the moon gave off; illuminating the space around it. It was the first quarter so the moon won't be out tomorrow, but even then the stars would light the sky.
When I was little I was told that when someone died they watch over us in the form of stars. I kinda clung to that when Grandpa died.
"You can see better higher up." I jerked around to see Gaara standing not even five feet away smirking as always down at me.
"Sounds like you do it a lot." I said smiling gently. He continued to look at me with that smirk of his, and then Gaara suddenly walked up to my window and squatted in front of me. He took my face in his hand and looked me straight in the eye; searching for something.
"How? How can you be so calm and comfortable around me?" he whispered as he looked at my lips with a longing look. I felt my cheeks flush and my face heat up.
"W-what? What do you mean?" His aqua eyes met my swade ones and we held each others gaze. Without a word he grabbed my hand, this time gently, and pulled me through the window and out onto the cold pavement.
"Do you trust me?" he asked me seriously, his previous smirk replaced with a grim line.
For a moment I just looked at him in surprise. I mean, why wouldn't I trust him. He helped me when nobody else would, he's been really nice to me, well his way of being nice at least, but all in all he's a really good guy!
"Of course I trust you. What reason do I have not to trust you?" I asked with a gentle smile upon my lips. At first all he did was look me with that same emotionless mask, but then, completely out of no where he hugged me his head resting between the crook of my neck! It was so surprising! I was unsure of what to do at first, but then I placed one hand upon his shoulder and the other on the back of his head.
"I don't know if I completely understand what's wrong, but I'll certainly try, Gaara." I said softly. Gaara didn't say any thing; instead he just hugged my tighter. The cork in his gourd started to twist and turn until it was completely out and sand and I mean lots of it came pouring out and surrounded us in a spherical shape.
"Don't be afraid, I won't let him hurt you." Gaara said softly to me. I didn't know what he was talking about, but I wasn't worried about it either since he told me that he was going to protect me.
"Okay." I said quietly still holding onto Gaara. The Sand wrapped itself around us and stayed there for about a minute, then slide back into the gourd. When it was gone I was stunned. We were standing on one of the rooftops and the sky was breathtaking with this kind of view! "Oh my gosh, Gaara-sama! It's gorgeous up here!" I whispered as he let go of me.
Gaara didn't say anything instead he led me over toward the spine of the roof and sat down, me beside him. I could feel his gaze upon me and strangely I wasn't uncomfortable! I felt so safe and content under that gaze it was unbelievable.
"So Gaara-sama?"
"Hmm?"
"Earlier, you seemed to be in a hurry after you heard the clock toll, do you mind if I ask why?" It had occurred to me that something wasn't right, I could just sense it.
"I don't mind." That's all he said for a moment, but then he continued, "There's a beast that goes around after dark in this town and anyone unlucky enough to be out dies. It's always been that way; I didn't want that for you." The last part he whispered so softly I nearly missed it.
"So then why do you come out so late at night, you don't seem worried now?" I asked.
Gaara shifted his gaze from the sky to the roof shillings. "That beast doesn't hurt me, it doesn't want to. I understand it and it understands me; though I doubt it would listen to me. Don't leave your house unless you're with me." he demanded.
I smiled suddenly and leaned against him, wrapping my arms around his right one. "Thank you." I said softly, blushing slightly. I could feel his gaze upon me again and that same safe feeling; that warm, happy feeling swept over me again. Silently I wished that he wouldn't ever take his eyes off me so I could feel this way always.
"For what?" he asked puzzled.
"For protecting me and being nice to me; you know you don't have to be."
"You're welcome."
The two of us stayed like that for a couple of hours, with my head on his shoulder, until I fell into a peaceful sleep. The last thing I remember was Gaara placing me in my bed, pulling the covers up, and whispering softly in my ear, "Good night...Amy." I distinctly remember feeling his warm lips press gently against my forehead.
The next morning I greeted Sam with eggs and bacon. "Wow, Red, look at this! I didn't know you could cook!" she exclaimed happily as she took a bit of her eggs.
"One of the few things my mother ever did for me was taught me how to cook. I kinda had a natural knack for it." I smiled. Sam smiled back and shook her head laughing.
"I'll say!"
Sign up to rate and review this story