Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > She's Changing Me

Silver Heels

by yesterdayedge 0 reviews

A continuation of "Heroes Are Hard To Find". This chapter is a bit longer than the last...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-09 - Updated: 2007-03-10 - 1882 words

1Insightful
She's Changing Me
"Silver Heels"

Michiru leaned over slyly and whispered into Haruka's ear. You mean more to me than anyone ever has... Suddenly she grabbed Haruka's face in her graceful hands and leaned in towards her.... They were so close, Haruka could smell the faint smell of the rose perfume Michiru had dabbed onto her wrists...Their eyes locked with a fiery combination of aquamarine and sapphire...Their lips were seconds away from meeting when.... "Jesus!" Haruka awoke with a start. This was the third night in a row that she had dreamed about the gorgeous girl she had met for the first time only days earlier. "Maybe she really was just a figment of my imagination..." No, she couldn't be. She had talked with some of her friends earlier, discreetly asking questions, and they had seen her too... In fact, Ami claimed that she was in her mathematics class. That's how she had found out her name. And Usagi had admitted to spying on her during a break. "I just couldn't help myself!" She told the group when they all started laughing. But that was typical Usagi behaviour. She probably talked to Michiru and told her that she was spying on her. Haruka smiled to herself. Tomorrow she would definitely find her personal goddess. No matter how long it took. After all, there is only...Oh, 500 students at SunnySide...

The wind howled loudly and Michiru shivered as she decided that she'd finally had enough of the great outdoors for one night. She picked up her art supplies and her notebook and opened the patio door and felt grateful that her parents didn't care how long she spent outside... The bright, red digital numbers of the clock in her room made her suddenly feel otherwise. 3:47. I'm going to regret this in a couple of hours. Michiru thought, as she quickly tucked herself under the covers of her fluffy ocean blue bed. As soon as she began to drift off she quickly remembered why she had been avoiding sleep in the first place. To sleep, perchance to dream...The quote echoed through her mind. "And that's just what I can't let happen..." she whispered somewhat sadly into the darkness. "I can't become that sort of girl who falls in lust." But why couldn't she stop thinking about the girl she had run into a couple of days earlier? She had been confused at first, which she even hated to admit to herself, but it was true. Michiru had only found out that the girl she had bumped into was named Haruka Tenoh because of all the pictures and awards that belonged to her in the trophy case which was located right beside the bandroom where she spent much of her free time. The school had high hopes for Haruka, who was a three-time, first place track star all through junior high. I'm probably just wasting my time... Michiru thought. And I do NOT want to do that... In the middle of trying to convince herself that she shouldn't try to find out more about Haruka, let alone find the girl herself, Michiru fell into a peaceful sleep.

"She's different than the other girls..." Haruka said without realizing what she had just said aloud. She was sitting at a table in the cafeteria during lunch hour with three other girls, Ami, Rei, and Usagi. Rei rasied a perfectly groomed eyebrow... "Different, huh? By the sound of it I would guess that Miss Tenoh has a crush on the new girl." Haruka cringed. "I do not have a crush. I'm just curious about her. All I know is that she's famous for her violin concerts. And that's she being developed as an upcoming painter. I want to know more about the girl." The other three girls exchanged looks. This wouldn't be the first time that Haruka had set her sights on a girl and gone after her, no matter what the cost would be. And the cost of this fling would probably be great. After all, Michiru was no average teenager. Haruka quickly saw that her group of friends were about to corner her into a conversation she wasn't about to have. "I've got to go" she mumbled, swallowing the last bite of her Caesar salad. "I'll see you girls tomorrow night for dinner at Poppa's Pizzeria. Don't be late!" She ended her sentence with a wink and then practically ran for the door leading out of the cafeteria. That was too close. Way too close.

The soothing instrumental music Michiru was listening to on her vintage set of headphones was doing little to calm her nerves. All day long she had been afraid that she would run into Haruka, so whenever she saw someone tall come her way she would immediately change direction. This is ridiculous, the green-haired girl thought, as she pulled the headphones off her ears, and stood up off the bench she was sitting on in a deserted hallway. This isn't going to help. I've already let myself get too involved with this fantasy world, I knew I shouldn't have, I knew I should have just- Michiru's thoughts were interrupted when she felt another body run into hers. Michiru winced. "Excuse me." She said, timidly, "you just stepped on my toe." The figure turned around slowly. "I'm terribly sorry, Michiru Kaioh. I was just in such a rush because...Well, I'm not new. But I guess that isn't an excuse either, is it?" Michiru's eyes opened wide in a mixture of pleasure and despair... This was exactly the person she had tried to hard to avoid. "Oh, it's fine... I guess I better be goi- Wait, how did you know my name?" Michiru questioned, all of a sudden not wanting to go anywhere. Haruka coughed "Well, uh... You're world famous. Of course I would know you." Michiru folded her arms. "Oh, really? Well, I'm not nearly as well-known as you are around this school. Haruka Tenoh- 1st place track star three years running." Haruka looked puzzled. "I can't believe they actually moved my awards from my junior to here..." She laughed, almost to herself. Michiru noticed that she felt very comfortable in the presence of Haruka and not at all awkward like she had imagined countless times in scenarios in her head. "Well, I guess I better go..." Michiru said wistfully, not really wanting to leave, but feeling like if she didn't she would make a huge mistake for anyone to see. Just as she was about to walk away, Haruka grabbed her by her arm. Michiru gulped as a surge of energy ran through her body. "What're you doing tonight?" Haruka asked impulsively. Michiru stared blankly off into space. The answer out of her mouth could alter the course of her entire universe. "Oh, nothing." She said modestly. "I'll probably end up painting a little bit tonight, like I usually do..." She suddenly cut herself off. I talk too much! She scolded herself. Haruka eyed Michiru carefully. "Sounds fun. Well, I'm going to go find my car and head home early... I don't feel like going to class this afternoon. Hopefully we'll run into each other again." This time it was Haruka's turn to start walking away when Michiru grabbed her arm. "Want to give me a lift?" She asked, hoping she wasn't being too forward. Haruka smiled widely showing off her perfectly straight teeth. "I hope my carelessness isn't going to rub off on you too much!" She said, with just the right hint of humour in her voice. Michiru shook her head. "It's just an afternoon of band... I don't feel like putting up with another inquisition." Haruka nodded. "Fair enough. Come on, I parked her out back."

Haruka closed her eyes. She was still sitting in her sports car, but now she was parked in her own driveway. Haruka sat absolutely still, recalling what had just taken place with Michiru. The event was nothing out of the ordinary, some light conversation... But the feeling she had felt the entire time was surprising. Michiru didn't live that far away from SunnySide high school, but the ride was enjoyable and Haruka felt a sense of security and a sense of contentment, which she had never felt before when she was around a girl that she had feelings for. It all just felt...Right. When she had pulled into the driveway to Michiru's house, number 471, Haruka took a mental picture. Just in case she ever gathered up the courage to make a surprise visit. Haruka suddenly opened her eyes. Tonight, or rather, early tomorrow morning Haruka would make a surprise visit. "I'm not going to sit back and watch her slip out of my grasp. I won't. I've just got to do something instead of wishing she would be my side..." The normally unshaken teen felt a few nerves tightening in her stomach. Maybe this would be harder than she thought.

It was just after two in the morning, and Michiru was sitting out on the patio, painting the stars. Every now and then she would remember what had happened with Haruka earlier in the day and allow herself to smile before she quickly wiped her face clean of any trace of happiness. "I might never see her again..." She said, as loud as she dared, feeling a sense of dread come over her. All of a sudden, everything went dark. "Guess who." Came a familiar voice from behind her. "Haruka...?" She asked bewildered. Haruka removed her hands from covering her eyes and moved in front of her. "You guessed right." Michiru's mouth was still open in surprise. She couldn't believe that the person she had just been thinking about, or rather, not trying to think about, was standing in front of her. "What are you doing here?" Michiru asked, trying to fix her hair discreetly in an attempt to look presentable. Haruka grabbed her hands. "Stop trying to pretty up for me. It isn't possible. You're already more gorgeous than the sun, moon, and stars combined." Michiru blushed deeply, which only worked to enhance her natural beauty. "I don't mean to be forward" Haruka said, only partially honest. "But I just had to see you again. I feel like I know so much about you, but I don't know you." Michiru looked up at Haruka with her wide and magical aquamarine eyes. "I feel the same way, I do. But I didn't want to be presumptuous...I mean, what would someone like you want with someone like me?" Michiru instantly regretted saying that. Haruka grabbed Michiru by the shoulders. "You're so foolish! Anybody, guy or girl would be more than lucky to have you in their lives. They would be blessed!" Michiru looked into Haruka's twinkling sapphire eyes. "You mean it?" She asked. "I wouldn't lie to you." Michiru tilted her head up and Haruka bent over to get closer to Michiru. This is it. Michiru thought. I can't believe I'm going to do this. Haruka cupped Michiru's face with her strong hands and leaned in. Their lips met. A sweet first kiss, full of passion, and mixed with hope. With a background of a near-perfect starry night, it could only get better from here.

So they hoped.
Sign up to rate and review this story