Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > To Unite or Divide

Misunderstandings galore!

by RekkanoKuuryu 1 review

Naruto has been lonely and bored after rescuing Sasuke, so he befriends the Kyuubi! But what will the Ninetails do with his new friend? Become the brotherly type to Naruto, of course! What nasty su...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gaara, Hinata, Kakashi, Naruto, Neji, Rock Lee, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-09 - Updated: 2007-03-10 - 2541 words

0Unrated
-1Sorry, sorry...I got carried away with manga reading than writing. But hey, you can't rush brilliance right?

Ruby: Brilliance? Is that what you call it?

Me: (Vein popping) As much as I enjoy your pleasurable sarcasm, weren't you wanting to talk about your fight?

Ruby: ok, so it went like this....

XxXxXx Enter lame flashback mode XxXxXxX

Gaara: you are a formidable foe, but....I am better.

Ruby: just make the damn move already!!

Gaara: fine

Ruby: ....! (clack)

Gaara: ....?(clack)

Ruby:....(clack)

Gaara: ....!(clack)

Ruby: HA! Take that! CHECKMATE!! (SMASH!!)

Ragnor (ruby's sensei): checkmate? What the hell?!

Me: oh! You didn't know? They were playing checkers....

Ragnor:.... (sweat drop) (face vault)

Me: hey Ragnor-sensei? You okay? Why'd you fall on you head like that?

Ragnor: (groan)

Gaara: Any particular reason you trashed the checker board?

Ruby: NOPE!! None at all!!! (smile, shojo stars with bubbly pink balloons in background)

Gaara:...your eagerness to answer that with a smile on your face is particularly and sickeningly disturbing....

XxXxX end flashback!! XxXxX

Right....on with the lame attempt at humor!! Er I mean, fic!!

Ruby: (evil smile) oh, so now she's self insulting? This is going to be good..

Disclamer: no, no, and wait for it .... no.

Ch.3 Misunderstandings Galore!!

"unn...what time do we have to be at Tsunade 's for a mission?" Naruto sleepily asked.

"If I'm not mistaken --13 minutes ago" Kyuubi answered from the

back of his mind.

"WHAT!!" the blond yelled and shot out of bed and stumbled around his room looking for his equipment. "Damn. My clothes are dirty!" Naruto swore, frustrated, as he packed kunai and a couple of scrolls onto his pack.

"I can help you with that, come here" The fox said. Naruto managed to calm down enough to go to inside his mind. Kyuubi then proceeded to slip through the bars and laid two fingers on Naruto's forehead. Then he released fires all around him, that engulfed the blond in flames.

When the fires dissipated the blond looked at his new attire. His headband was black instead of it's usual blue, and he wore a tiht red muscle shirt ninja mesh underneath, with a black long sleeve jacket/shirt that had the sleeves rolled up elbow high.

His black pants were like the standard ninja's, loose but not overly,; even with red bandages tied around the shins.

He had a chained leather belt with the kanji for demon around his waist. Another red Kanji in the back of his jacket read 'fox'. His fingerless black gloves were steel plated and on the right was engraved the kanji for 'darkness' while on the left was the kanhi for 'lights'.

He looked at his clothes. " Didn't you overdo, it a bit with the black and red, Niisan?" The blond asked, inspecting his jacket.

The Kyuubi saddened, " You don't like it?" He pouted childishly (A/N: Imagine the sight, Kyuubi no Kitsune pouting. What has Naruto reduced him to ?) Naruto shook his head and glomped him.

"Ne, It's better than my orange outfits," Kyuubi brightened at this "plus, it compliments you !!" the blond said while hugging

Kyuubi(A/N: Brothers, BROTHERS YOU HENTAIS!!

The fox ruffled his hair in a brotherly way. "still, there's something missing...oh yeah!" Kyuubi smacked his forehead and packed Naruto in the chest. The Uzumaki spiral (?) flared and settled on the shirt; it glowed on eerie white before it established on a silvery blue.

"Holy crap! Tsunade-baachan's gonna kill me!" Naruto yelled remembering the meeting. When he went back to the physical world he saw that Kyuubi had come back with him.

Kyuubi wordlessly grabbed him by the collar and poofed them both to Hokage tower.

XxXxXxXxXxX

"I say we pound him till he dies, resurrect him and kill him again!"

"yes, I agree with Jiraiya-sama, my springtime of youth has been soiled"

"Kakashi, my eternal rival, what do you say about this?" (a/n: you know who that is..)

Dead silence.

"...Hm? Did you say something Gai?"

"Calm down, we'll wait until we hear his side on this and then we pound him" Tsunade waved it off. She was in the Hokage chair with Jiraiya to her right and the rest, consisting of Gai, Lee,

Kakashi and Sasuke, were in front of her, glaring at the door.

Poor door.

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

"Ne, onii-chan, do you think they've noticed yet--?"

"That would be a yes, kit" Kyuubi responded with amusment in his voice.

Naruto had walked into the office and almost instantly hid behind the fox.

A dark deadly aura surrounded everyone else in the room. A heavy silence loomed overhead, the lack of noise unnerving.

Then the two demons burst out in peals of laughter. If possible, the aura became darker and the distant rumble of thunder could be heard, along with dun dun dunnnnn.

Tsunade, the pride and glory of Konoha, had her face stamped with sayings like 'I'm old' and 'baachan' in neat black marker. The toad hermit was contemplating on how to kill Naruto for having his forehead written on ("Ero-sennin" in neon pink) and having his hair tinted with pink (to match the forehead) highlights.

Lee... well lets just say you couldn't tell where his horrid greed jumpsuit ended and where it began.

Gai, courtesy of the neighborhood dye specialist, had his sparkling white smile turned to a stunning blue.

Kakashi, since they couldn't find him, had all his uniforms written on. Things referring to his perverted orange book. That's all that need to be said about that.

"-HAHA- you guys all -HAHA- look r-ridiculus -HAHA-!!!!"

" God! Didn't think the green horror could get worse!" Kyuubi roared, leaning against Naruto for support.

Sasuke had been brooding in a corner for this charade but had somehow snuck up behind the blond and was about to hit him upside the head but was stopped. The killer intent rolling off the red head in waves could do that to you.

"So much as touch him... and your head is mine Uchiha ."

Kyuubi growled in a voice laced with promises of hurt and pain.

The light mood was instantly frozen over by the spite dripping from the words.

Being an Uchiha, and thus too proud to admit defeat, Sasuke settled for insults instead.

"oi, dobe. What the hell did you do to my house?" Sasuke asked menacingly, and pointed to the window; where Uchiha manor was clearly visible.

Yes, Uchiha manor. That dark, scary as hell house that always seemed to somehow repel all sunny weather. Choosing to have thunderstorms and rain showers 24/7 instead.

That scary house was different today though. The author couldn't quite put her finger on it. Maybe it was the fact that the freakishly scary mansion was covered top to bottom in...

... toilet paper and graffitti.

Wait-- what?! Did the insane author just write that? Oh this aught to be good....yep.

Toilet paper and graffiti.

Can't wait for them to explain this one.

The skinny, dead trees were teepee-d. All around were white strips of fluttering paper flying in the wind.

And throughout the house were the words "teme" in hot pink.

One look at that and the two demons busted out laughing again. Sasuke looked murderous. The rest looked absolutely livid with suppressed rage. Tsunade looked like she was about to say something but was stopped abruptly by a screech.

"NAARUUTOOOO!!!!" Rang out throughout Konoha.

The Hokage door was slammed open (poor door) and there stood two kunoichi's, fists clenched in anger and leaking killer intent.

The pink haired ninja spoke up first ,"This joke has gone too far!!"

while the blond followed up with, "Naruto you idiot!!" Naruto jumped into Kyuubi's shielding arms.

"Aniki! Their eyes, THEY BURN!!!" the blond trembled. Said aniki was watching the two girls with half contempt and half wary eye, seeing if they try to attack his kit.

Ino's beautiful blond hair had been dyed a stunning bright...pink.

While Sakura's pink locks were now bleached blond.

Everyone started laughing, even Sasuke. Finally the fan girls get their punishment! he thought with a smirk.

Suddenly, two kunais were pressed against either side of Kyuubi's neck. Kakashi and Jiraiya flanked the fox's left and right, faces serious.

Tsunade stepped forward, gesturing towards the blond in his arms she demanded," Give me the boy" Lee, Sasuke, Ino and Sakura were confused at the scene that was unfolding. So as a writers convinience they--uh conveniently faded into the background.

Kyuubi growled deep in his throat, until Naruto tugged on his shirt. Kyuubi gazed deep into is eyes.

A silent conversation passed between them, unitl finally the red head let the boy go reluctantly.

BONK!

"Itai...Obaasan that hurt..." Naruto whined, clutching his head in pain. Kyuubi had to be restrained form killing her there and then.

A vein appeared on the Hokage's forehead, she smiled cruelly and said, "get over in brat. And I'm NOT OLD!"

" now, onto the mission. Gai, lee, Ino you three are dismissed." Tsunade said flatly, waving them off. The three bowed and glared at Naruto in promises of revenge.

Tsunade looked at Kyuubi expectantly and announced, "I hope who ever you are, that you will see that Naruto behaves himself. Now leave."

Kyuubi sighed and muttered under his breath something about "...decade old hags and their stinkin' rules..." To which Tsunade heard and twitched visibly. "otouto, we'll cause some more damage next time, ne?" the fox said, grinning.

"Hai, aniki" Naruto said sadly when Kyuubi poofed out of his physical form. The look on his face made Tsunade feel bad about taking away the only supposed family from him. He was, after all, like a little brother to her.

"you may meet your brother when you return, Naruto" she said softly. Naruto nodded, his mood lightened. Sasuke and Sakura were thinking differently, more along the lines of :

"WTF? They're related?!"

"your mission is to go to Suna and act as representatives of Konoha's alliance with Sand, for some important meeting yadda yadda..." she trailed off uninterested.

Couple of raised eyebrows were all she got in response.

"it's mainly because Naruto's on your team. One- the old coots came up with the brilliant idea that the only way to control a demon container in to influence it with another demon container."

Everyone nodded, understanding, they all knew Naruto had the Kyuubi no Kitsune inside of him. The details a bit sketchy. Naruto squirmed in nervousness; this subject was touchy.

"Two-" continued Tsunade, "Naruto is one of the few people that Gaara will actually let near him. Without killing him in a horribly and indescribably painful death.." she whispered this last part to herself.

Naruto gave an uncertain laugh and scratched the back of his head when everyone turned to him.

Then he jumped up and yelled, "YATTA! We're going to see Pandaman! Pandaman!" he kept chanting this weird mantra over and over again.

"Naruto, what are you wearing?" Sakura asked pointing at his clothes. The Kyuubi bristled at the tone of her voice.

'she dare to give us fashion tips? With that harido?" the fox wasn't going to take that.

Sasuke noticed the change in attire with a silently raised eyebrow.

While Tsunade saw the kanji written all over him with a sweat drop. Obviously the Kyuubi had given fashion tips.

"oh this, ehehe... well I have a good excuse-- I mean reason!

Yeah.." Naruto trailed off.

'Kyuubi, a little help here ?'

'uh...your clothes are in the wash?'

'brilliant!'

"my clothes are in the wash, yeah they are. I'm sure of it!" he said nodding to himself.

"Could you make it sound like you're not trying to convince yourself brat?" grumbled Tsunade, before dismissing them.

XxXxXxXxXxX

They stood in fromt of Konoha's gates waiting to be let out when they heard a flapping of wings above them. Team 7 tensed and looked up ready to fight I needed.

A Suna pidgeon carrier dove landed swiftly on Naruto's shoulder, pecking affectionately at his ear. Naruto laughed and held out his arm, so that the bird could stand at the crook of his elbow.

" Hey Norimaki-chan! Another letter? Thanks!" Naruto said petting the smooth brown feathers.

Naruto took the letter and read it while still absentmindedly ( he does that a lot, huh?) petting the pidgeon. He smiled while reading the letter, a real smile.

Sasuke and Sakura froze.

They never got a smile like that from the blond before. Grins only, not a caring warm smile. Jealousy and guilt flooded through both of their veins. 'who is this person? We know him longer!!' they both thought heatedly.

They procedded to clear their thoughts to something less sadistic and this crossed their mind: 'whoever they are, they must be kind, patient and extremely friendly to Naruto...'

Meanwhile, Naruto, ignoring the wide variety of expressions his teammates were showing, was talking to the bird while writing back on a scroll that appeared out of nowhere.

"mm... I'm going there right now in fact.."

"coo?"

"what do you mean?"

"coooo" the pidgeon 'coo-ed' suggestively. Naruto turned red at this accusation.

"WHAT!"

"coo."

"whatever bird! Just take the damn letter!"

Naruto shouted back and threw the bird in to the air.

The teammates both sweat dropped at the blonds conversation with the pidgeon 'must be the Kyuubi inside of him' they reasoned.

XxXxXxX somewhere near Suna, couple days later xXxXxX

The three figures crouched against the sand storm they were trying to cross. The fine grains of sand swirled around their forms, pelting any bare skin not covered with cloth.

At last, they saw the giant wall that was Suna's barrier.

The one leading the group motioned for them to hurry up, the sandstorm dying down.

The two following nodded and ran up to a sand dune that over looked the glorious city.

One of the travelers pulled down her scarf and breathed. "hahah...this extreme weather is what makes Suna ninjas so durable." Sakura said, huffing in order to gain her breathe.

Sasuke nodded in his agreement, sweat trickling down his neck.

"hey look there's someone down there, waiting for us!" Naruto nodded pointing down towards the city's gates.

Sasuke and Sakura followed his line of view and sucked in another heavy breath as they registered the shock of red hair and the heavy kohl lined pale green eyes.

"Naruto." Sabaku no Gaara said softly as he spotted the three ninjas looking at his direction.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

That last part was very detailed, didja notice? Any ways sorry for not updating earlier!! (bows deeply) It's kinda hard to type and correct my own stuff ! and I just know there is something off with my style... please, if you spot it tell me!!! Finally Gaara shows up!! Now to the commentators.!!

Ruby: it's about time, baka.

Gaara:... (he's happy that he finally showed up and thus says nothing to insult and/or compliment the author)

Ragnor: WAIT! Why am I still here?

Me: I should type faster....

Ruby : Two more reviews than last time... please..... Or I'll (censored) , (censored) till you all die and then there will be some serious (censored) massacring going on around here.

Me: okay...that's just abusing the censored sign a tiny bit.

Ruby: (censored) I'm censor happy.

Jaa ne!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story