Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Tale of Two Demons

A Tale of Two Demons

by Arbiter1226 3 reviews

The Sand and Leaf ninja meet at Konoha and Naruto and Gaara discuss the future.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Characters: Gaara, Itachi, Kankurou, Naruto, Sasuke, Temari - Published: 2007-03-12 - Updated: 2007-03-13 - 575 words

0Unrated
Gaara was just sitting there, staring blankly at the ceiling. His job as the Kazekage was not nearly as interesting as he assumed it would be. He thought of the days where he was nothing but an elegant killing machine, Shukaku aiding him in the destruction of many lives. He thought back and said to himself, "Damn you father."
He thought back to Yashamaru, and how he had thought he loved him...only to find a mine of immense hatred behind forced smiles. He thought of the times he had attempted to be kind, but all he received was hatred. The most fun he had ever had in his life was fighting with the Konoha ninjas, and how through them he had learned to control Shukaku. He realized how he greatly missed them.
Gaara notified his council that he, Kankuro and Temari would be heading to Konoha to see what was going on there. Gaara wondered to himself how Naruto was doing as the Hokage. Temari was delighted that she would be able to see Shikamaru. Kankuro however, was not as pleased to be dragged along.
One they reached Konoha, the first thing they all looked at was Naruto's face carved into the huge cliff at the far side of the village. "Hey you guys!" Naruto shouted from the gate, "we've been expecting you!"
Everyone was standing there waiting. Everyone of course, except Sasuke. Of course nobody expected to see him. Itachi had killed him off long ago when he had made a futile attempt at an alliance.
Shikamaru and Temari hugged, Kankuro closed his eyes and waited for it to be over, and everyone else shook hands and such. Gaara and Naruto went back to the large building where Naruto lived for tea.
"So Naruto, how has Konoha been?" Gaara asked.
"It's alright. I'm feeling a bit down now that I'm Hokage though." He replied, "All I wanted was some recognition, but now I realize that I was respected and recognized already."
"Actually, lately I have had similar doubts to my career as Kazekage... I am already highly respected in my village, but now I am restricted from going on any real missions."
"Yeah, what's the point of having destructive potential like ours and not being able to use it anymore?" Naruto said.
"You are considered a Sannin, Naruto. You'd still be legendary even if you weren't Hokage." Gaara replied, "As for me," He points at the mark on his forehead, "I am the Demon who Loves Only Himself."
"Wouldn't it be great if we created a new Cell, wandering, bounty hunting...It would be awesome!"
"Hm..." Gaara thought for a few moments. "I love it. Now, who could we have for our third member?"
Gaara watched as Naruto's eyes closed, and a tear rolled down his face. "I miss that idiot..."
He knew Naruto meant Sasuke. Sasuke lingered in everyone's thoughts, a phantom of the man they once hated and loved.
"Naruto." He looked up "For now, we can just resign, we can consider other people later." Gaara told him.
"Alright." He opened the door out for Gaara and they walked out together.
Once everyone heard the news, the Sand ninja left.
"Keep in touch!" Naruto shouted to Gaara.
The End


You know...I made this at 3am, and I thought it seemed good then, but I wrote myself into a corner, and looking back, I think it sucks. Reviews are very welcome.
Sign up to rate and review this story