Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

The Video Rocks but Rumors Suck

by Dancemandydance 5 reviews

Kat takes the next step in finding out if she has cancer, the video is premiered, and a rumor is started.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-03-12 - Updated: 2007-03-13 - 2546 words

1Exciting
-Kat's POV-

Dr. Shepard was right - she was going to get the results to me a.s.a.p. I woke up the next morning to the sound of Patrick; my ringtone woke me up. I crawled out from under Pete's tattooed arm and reached for it on the nightstand.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Kat. It's Dr. Shepard. Look, I got your mammography results back and I wasn't really pleased with the results." I could feel my heart racing as she said this. I wasn't really worried about me - I had expected it - but it was going to kill Pete.

"Oh..." I whispered. Pete was sitting up staring intently at me, rubbing my back.

"Don't worry. I just want to do a biopsy to make sure we took all the steps. We can do a very minimally-evasive procedure that would have you in and out of the hospital within an hour. We can do it today, if you wish," she said calmly. The calm seemed to be contagious.

"Today's not really good. We have tons of phone interviews scheduled because our single comes out today. Could we possible do it tomorrow?" Pete bit his lip and looked at me with scared/sad eyes. I grabbed his hand and nodded at him.

"Yes, that will be fine. Is 9 a.m. good for you?"

"Yeah that should be fine. Thanks, Dr. Shepard."

"You're welcome. Now don't worry and have a great day. I'll listen for your song on the radio today."

I hang up the phone and look at Pete, smiling.

"Well? What is it? You're smiling."

"Well, it's not good," I said, looking down.

"Then why did you smile? Kat, what is it? Is it..."

"Cancer? I don't know. She needs to do a biopsy."

"What?" he gasped. "Katrina..." he turned away and put his head down. I knew this was going to upset him more than it upset me. I craw over to him and kiss his neck.

"It's okay, baby. It's minimally-evasive. I'll be awake and in an out of there within the hour. She just wants to be absolutely certain that I'm alright. Ya know, to avoid a lawsuit." I giggle and kiss his neck again, wrapping my arms around his torso. "It will be fine. Please don't worry. Today is a happy day."

"I'm not smiling," he says quietly, putting his hands over mine and stroking the back of my hand. He leans back and kisses my cheek. "I'm sorry, Kat. I just love you so much. If you..."

"I won't. Now shut up and kiss me." I swing myself around and straddle his waist, put my arms around his neck and kiss him deeply. There is so much passion behind his lips that it almost chokes me. "I love you," I moan into his lips.

"I love you, too," he says softly when his lips part from mine. "I'm sorry..."

"I know. Today is going to be a good day, Petey. We get to sit in bed in our pajamas and just talk to people on the phone. I love it when we don't have to go anywhere." I lay back and hit my head on the pillow. Pete curls up on his side and smiles at me, running is fingers along my stomach. "No tickling, Wentz."

He shakes his head. "Nope. No tickling. Just...caressing," he says smoothly, winking at me.

"I do enjoy a good caressing," I giggle. He lifts up my shirt and touches my skin with his warm hand, making me sigh with delight. We sat that way for a while, just talking and trying to keep our minds of tomorrow, and then the first wave of interviews started. We did a conference call with the rest of the guys and a couple of other ones before Pete and I went down to grab some lunch.

"Hey Katrina, have you told Rob and Keith and Jack (the new lead guitarist Pete found shorter after we returned home)?" Pete asks as he grabs some bread to make a sandwich.

"Yeah, I called them last night. They're worried but they're okay. I think they're going to come over tomorrow night."

"Good. I miss them."

"Yeah...me too. We need to tour more soon, don't you think?"

"Yeah...probably. When you start out it's basically on the road 24/7/365. It just sucks because I don't want to be away from you," he wines as he bites into his sandwich.

"Well, we can't be together all the time, Pete. It's illogical. Plus, you'll get sick of me." I stick my tongue out at him as I smear my bagel with cream cheese.

"Pretty sure that's impossible," he says, putting his arm around me and pulling me close to him. "Maybe I come on a couple dates when I'm not busy being Pete Wentz."

"Yes, I'm sure you can pencil me in," I wink.

"You know I didn't mean it like that," he pouts.

"Yes, I know. I'm just being a bitch. I know you're crazy busy, especially since you guys are #1 again and your clothing line just keeps growing and growing like...the blob."

"The blob, eh?" he giggles, squeezing me tight into his side.

"Don't squeeze so tight," I laugh, pulling away from him. "Do you want bagel chunks all over your nice t-shirt?" He's wearing an 'I heart Edge Me Out...especially Kat' shirt that he commissioned for himself - he's such a nerd.

"No, that would be a travesty!" he gasps, putting his hand over his heart.

The rest of the day goes by pretty fast. We call in to TRL to premiere our new video and the kids go crazy for it, making us extremely happy. I get calls from my mom saying she's heard the song on the radio five times today and calls from a lot of my friends, including my band-mates, telling me how amazing I look/sound/blah blah blah. When Pete watches the video on TRL his jaw basically drops.

"Pete, what are you doing? It's not like you haven't seen it before. You're fucking in it, for Christ's sake." I sit on his lap and put my arms around his neck and his eyes stay glued to the TV.

"This is the 3rd time they've shown the video today. I just can't get over how hot the girl is in it. I think I might leave you for her," he laughs, cocking an eyebrow as he puts his arms around my waist.

"If you do that, I'll have to cut off your testicles. And this would make me sad, because some day I hope to have children with you." I frown at him and he takes his finger and pushes the sides of my mouth up.

"Smile, dimples. You really do look amazing in the video. I'm very happy to tell people that I fuck you on a regular basis."

"Wentz!" I say, slapping his arm and trying to get off of him, but he pulls me down.

"Ha ha! I got you." He starts attacking my neck with his lips, making funny growling noises that attract Hemmy over to him. Hemmy claws at his knee. He takes his lips off my neck and looks down at the dog. "Look who's here? OoOo, Hemmy!" he says, patting his head. "Do you want to kiss Kat's neck, too? It's rather tasty."

"Hemmy's a good licker...way better than you." I give Pete an evil look and then grab Hemmy's face. "Hi, Hemmy! Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?" Pete raises his hand. "Pete's not a good boy, is he? No...he's bad. He's a bad, bad, bad boy."

"Kat, you're getting me hot with all that bad boy talk." Pete squirms beneath me. "Maybe we should go up to the bedroom."

"You are a weird man. But okayyyy...whatever gets you off." He lifts me off the couch and carries me upstairs. That night we make love and it's the most affectionate he's ever been towards me. I think the fear of losing me has really gotten to him and he's desperately trying to show me how much he really cares, even though I can see it in his eyes every time he looks at me.

The next morning we wake up in the bright to get down to the hospital. The biopsy goes fine and doesn't hurt at all. I have a tiny scar that will go away in a couple of weeks but that's basically it. Dr. Shepard tells me I'll have the results within a week.

That night Patrick and the guys come over, along with the guys from Edge Me Out and we all have a dinner/game/movie night. In the middle of The Labyrinth, Pete's cell rings. He gets up and walks into the kitchen.

-Pete's POV-

"Pete, have you been on the website today or watched the news or anything?" Richard, my publicist, asks frantically from the other end of the line.

"No, I spent the day with Katrina. She had to go to the doctor. Why? What's wrong?"

"Is she pregnant?"

"No...she had a biopsy on the lump they found in her breast."

"Oh, thank God," he gasps.

"What? No, not thank God. I wish she was pregnant, it would be much better than this," I say angrily.

"No no...it is terrible. Is she okay? I just was concerned. I figured you would tell me if you got her pregnant. Someone got a picture of you two coming out of the hospital and someone started a rumor. I don't know who but I'll find out."

"She's fine. It's most likely benign but they just want to make sure. I'll write a message on the website telling them what's really going on, as long is its okay with Kat, because they should know. Let me handle it."

"Pete, I'm your publicist. It's my job. Let me call all the shows and magazines and give a statement."

"I like to deal one on one with the fans, Richard. I can do it and I want Kat to have a say. Now, I need to go spend time with my friends. Thank you for calling me and letting me know what's up." I walk back into the room and sit next to Kat. She puts her hand on my knee and asks me if everything is alright. I say it is, because I don't want to ruin the night for everyone else. As soon as everyone goes, I decide to tell her.

"What? Oh shit, Pete I'm sorry. We should tell everyone the truth. Just say that I had a slight procedure done because they found a lump in my breasts and its nothing to worry about and...well, you know what to say." I nod and sign on to the computer and begin typing away frantically on the website. People IM me left and right and I just tell them to look at the website and that will explain everything. When I get done, Kat's already in the bed, sleeping like a baby. I strip down to my boxer-briefs and crawl in behind her, spooning with her. She gives a little moan and turns to face me.

"Hi," she says softly.

"Hello," I say, brushing the hair out of her eyes. "I told them. It's all taken care of, angel." I kiss her gently on the lips, placing my hand on her cheek.

"I love it when you kiss me like that."

"Like what? Like this?" I do it again. She nods. "Why?"

"Its just so..romantic," she sighs, placing a hand on my cheek and kissing me back. I get what she's saying. She kisses me again, this time deeper, wrapping her leg around my waist and pushing herself against me. I can feel little Petey start to get very happy as she grinds her body against mine.

"Kat..." I moan against her lips. She doesn't say anything. She just sits up and pulls off her top, revealing her blue lace bra. I sit up and unhook it. I look down and see the little bandage on her breast. I lean down and kiss around it and she places her hand on the back of my neck, caressing it gently. She lies back down and slides off her pj bottoms and panties underneath the blanket. I smile down at her and run my finger from her lip down to her mound, sliding it in between her warm, moist lips. She arches her back and moans with pleasure as I slowly move my finger in circles.

"Wow...Pete that feels so amazing. Don't stop..." I get closer to her and she pulls my face towards hers, attacking me with kisses. She rives underneath my touch, turning me on so badly I almost can't stand it. Soon, her hand is around my penis, stroking it aggressively.

"Holy shit," I moan into her neck. "God, Kat...you are so good at that." We finish each other off and clean up a bit. After we get back into bed, she curls up next to me and puts her head on my chest.

"You ready to go again?" she asks, looking up at me. "Because I would very much like a different one of your appendages inside of me." I giggle and pull her on top of me and she sits up.

"Yes, ma'am. I am definitely ready." I smile up at her and then my eye goes down to her bandage. She frowns at me and grabs my hand, kisses it and says, "Don't worry...I'm fine." I'm sure she will be, but I still can't help but worry. "Pete...I'm fine," she says sternly.

"I know, angel." She cracks a smile, revealing those dimples that made me fall even more in love with her the first moment I saw her. She slides onto me and begins to grind against me. "Oh...Kat," I groan, grabbing her hips and closing my eyes. She goes slowly, passionately, until we both climax. She collapses to my side and breathes heavily. "That was amazing, Kat."

"I know...I'm awesome like that," she says confidently in between her gasps.

"I know you are," I say, leaning in to kiss her and caress her stomach. "Hence me loving you."

"You and your hences," she giggles as she kisses me back, slowly and passionately. I swear my lips start to burn from the passion that comes off her's. Her hand moves from my chest up to my neck, pulling me into her kiss even deeper. After a couple of minutes we stop and she smiles at me. "You are the most amazing kisser, ever. If all I could do was kiss you for the rest of my life I would die happy."

"See I would say the same thing, but after what you just did to me five minutes ago...I'm gonna have to go with that. But you are the best kisser I've ever had the pleasure of kissing." She hits me gently and then cuddles up to me again, her head on my chest.

"I am wiped out," she yawns. I pet her head and close my eyes and we drift off to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story