Categories > Books > Warriors > Eagle and Hawk

Chapter 2

by kima13 0 reviews

This is all about Hawkshadow.

Category: Warriors - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-13 - 577 words

0Unrated
Hawkshadow was stalking a mouse near the ancient oak about five days after his naming ceremony. Pouncing, he killed the mouse with one swift blow to its neck. He covered his kill with dirt, making sure to look around for landmarks. He saw the large oak tree a few tail-lengths away. Blinking, he bounded into the forest.

Hawkshadow decided to make sure that Shadow Clan was not hunting on ThunderClan territory. He paused on his way to hunt, quickly taking down a squirrel. He buried that too, and was about to continue on his way when the sound of rustling branches drew his attention.

Hackles rising, he scented the air. A strange, sour scent filled his nose, reminding him of crowfood. "Rogues!" he thought and began to prowl silently towards the place where he had seen the underbrush move.

He followed a strong scent trail in a vague direction that he guessed was heading towards camp. Hawkshadow's fur began to prickle with unease. Soon, the trail began to run alongside a stream. A distant roar filled the young warrior's ears, and he twitched them curiously. THe sound grew louder and louder, until he came into view of a large cliff. Hawkshadow stared, amazed. A huge, thundering amount of water cascaded off the cliff and plunged into a pool many tail-lenghts below.

"You followed me all the way out here?" an incredulous meow startled Hawkshadow.

He whirled around and came face to face with a silver-gray she-cat about his own age. A scar that ran down her side told him that she was no stranger to fights. Her blue eyes blazed in amazement as she watched him. She narrowed her eyes and mewoed, "I would think you had some reason to track me all the way out here, unless you just wanted to get your fur clawed off," she growled.

Hawkshadow blinked. "I want to know why you were tresspassing on Thunder Clan territory," he hissed.

The silver gray she-cat twitched her ears. "I know of no such thing called 'Thunder Clan', "She replied. "Loners, like myself, usually live alone; with two or three others at the most. This Clan thing you speak of sounds quite large."

Hawkshadow stared. She had never heard of ThunderClan!? "The life of a Loner must be terribly lonely then," he meowed.

"What makes you say that?" she asked, with trace of hostility.

Hawkshadow hesitated for a moment, then began to tell her all about Clan life. She came closer and closer to him as he explained, untile they were hardly a mouse-length apart.

"Your life in this 'Thunder Clan' seems like a good one. Your description has made me realize just how lonely my way of life is," she meowed thoughtfully. "Do you think I could join your Clan?"

Hawkshadow hesitated."I know that I am too old to be an apprentice, but I could learn the ways of your life, and I will change my ways to become a brave and loyal warrior," she added quickly when he looked doubtful.

Hawkshadow remained silent. "I am not the right cat to make this decision," he meowed finally. "I will take you back to camp, and you can ask Redstar, our leader."

"That sounds great. Thanks..."

"Hawkshadow," he told her.

"My name is Raincloud," she answered, standing up.

Hawkshadow stood up as well, and flicked Raincloud lightly with his tail before bounding into the forest in the general direction of Thunder Clan camp.
Sign up to rate and review this story