Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Keep Your Memories In The Back of My Mind

Chapter Fourteen

by GiveMeRevenge 1 review

the ending.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 379 words

0Unrated
'Fuck I messed up big time. I cant believe I let her walk away like that. I have to fix things.' I grabbed my car keys and was just about to pull out of the drive way when my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was 11 at night. Who would call?
"Mikey?"
"Gerard. Get to Alaina's house now!" He sounded like he was sobbing.
"Is everything okay Mikey?"
"No. get here now." He hung up and my heart sank. What was going on?

I was driving down Alaina's street. But something unusual was happening. There were sounds of sirens and a fire truck in front of the house. When I pulled closer I realized half of the house was gone and the other parts on fire.
"What the fuck is going on!?" I jumped out of my car and ran to Mikey and the rest of the guys. Frank was actually hysterical in Mikey's arms. They were crying on each other. Ray sat on the ground silently crying and Bob stood staring at the demolished house.
"Answer me!"
"The house caught fire somehow. They're looking for Alaina in the house. We don't know if she survived." Ray walked away for a few minutes. When he came back he was crying more than before.
"They just officially pronounced her dead. They found her mom's body and Dan's but not hers. She's gone."
"What?" the last thing I remember was becoming dizzy and hitting the ground. Was she really gone?


3 days later

I sat in the first pew of the church. Today wasn't a good day. No day would ever be good again. There were three coffins. Inside two were bodies. Inside one was simply memories. Memories of my best friend since childhood. The woman I loved. I cried silently through the whole ceremony. Everyone filed out of the church slowly and left. I stood and walked to the coffin her body should have been placed in. I traced the engraved letters on it and whispered "I love you." With those three words I left the church and the girl I prayed was still alive. I left her soul to be buried with her parents. I left her but I would always keep her memories in the back of my mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story