Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation

Family

by baka_neko 2 reviews

Drabble: Family is a beautiful thing

Category: Gravitation - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Mika, Ryuichi, Shuichi, Tohma, Yuki - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-10-03 - Updated: 2005-10-03 - 191 words - Complete

5Funny
Drabble challenge by perseid
-------------------------------------------------

They didn't keep regular hours, not like some cliché TV drama family. It wasn't really possible anyway, between Yuki's novels and Shuuichi's own performance schedule, but tonight, they had made the effort despite Yuki's dire mutterings.

There had been a beautifully catered dinner. (Nobody wanted to die of food poisoning). Friends of the family had shown up. There had been no arguments. In fact, there had been an absolute horrific amount of cooing, and everyone had been remarkably supportive.

Family, Shuuichi reflected, was a beautiful thing. It held firm and gave strength to all. It was warm, it was cuddly, it was full of warm bodies tied together by a real bond.

"Shuu-i-chi. Kumagoro is scared," Ryuichi whispered. Beside him K was fingering his empty holster nervously, and on Shuichi's other side, Touma and Mika were huddled together, darting wide-eyed glances over the kitchen counter.

"WHO'S A GOOD BABY-SWEETUMS? OOH---CAN YOU COUNT YOUR ICKLE LITTLE TOESIES YET?"

The group huddled even more into the corner, staring. Oblivious to it all, Yuki made happy little train noises while he fed his newborn niece for the first time.
Sign up to rate and review this story