Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Light Drizzle

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Tru hides out for some peace. More revelations to come R&R please

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-19 - 967 words - Complete

0Unrated
Fingerbobs has wolfed the lot come into our room
Fingerbobs has wolfed the lot come into our room
Now now the winter glows
Now now the winter glows
Now now the winter glows
It's wonderful, no it's wonderful with you

Clinic - Come in to our room


He'd hidden the car in the forest at the back and walked up to the castle through the forest and arrived at the boundary walls. Half of the territories buildings seemed to hang in defiance from the cliff side as though daring even the Lord himself to try and push it down. Tru smiled as he flowed through the bricks and in to the inner Vorburg (front castle.)

He proceeded to the gatehouse, for tourists it was labelled, Torhause which he had learnt was gatehouse. He looked up at the impressive structure and faded through the locked up area. He could hide here without any interruption. He would be able to investigate the surroundings whilst it was dark and then find a place to think. He needed to make plans and to do this he needed to be alone.

Tru travelled the shadows to get in to the main castle and looked around the area. There was a reason he came here it held a particular significance to the history of his safety and that of the Guardians. Religiously Luther had been kept there in 1521 after he caused outrage with his proclamation that there was divine judgement and God would decide the fate of the soul as a loving and merciful father. It went against buying time out, against something called Indulgences. Tru snorted as he walked the long gallery and remembered his teachings.

The Guardians had hidden behind this meeting and formed the first Iron Code for defending 'miracle children' from the outside world. Tru had been one of those children when he was found. He had been smuggled from wherever he originated and in to the Vatican. He ran his hands down the wooden benches in the great hall; amongst the rich red curtains and tapestries he could wander freely and think back to that time.

He had no idea what world he was from in terms of belief. He has asked Thomas because he was not invested in trying to return him to the Vatican. Of the Guardians he had to trust one and it had to be one that would not put pressure on him. Thomas was a breath of fresh air when he arrived. He had understood the pain that came with loss. They had talked of the priests' death until the early hours of a morning.

Tru headed to a room that was no longer used and fell asleep on the cold stone floor. He was too tired to fight any more and he had entrusted Charlie to Thomas so he could at least rest until more news came.

When he woke it was bright outside and he moved back down to the forest. He had the night to think things over. The night had given him at least one small bit of clarity. He had made the oath the night of the little girls mothers' death but things changed as often as situations made them. He looked at his hands, they had been stained before. They would be stained again. Iterations whoever they were... whatever they felt they were had to be stopped.

Heading to where the car was parked he headed back to the town below and got something to eat before hitting the road again. This time he was not going to hesitate. The Vatican would want to keep Charlie and he would argue that later but as he headed to find a hotel he was making a mental list.

Fielding was heavily armed and Iterations seemed to have a large budget. He needed numbers, addresses and ideas. He needed to get to the heart of them and fast. Fielding wasn't the source of the operation and he wanted them put back in their place and quickly. He could just as easily be kidnapped but he would worry about that later.

"Do you need a hand?" A voice said beside him.

"Holy..." Tru held the curse back and nearly lost control of the car. "Shanemah can you not do these things in such a dangerous place?"

"I would loose the value of your expressions." He smiled. "I thought I might tell you that what you are thinking of is quite dangerous but I would like to help if I can. I would like it on one condition."

"This err... condition?" Tru asked his heartbeat slowing down again.

"I need hiding too." Shanemah explained. "If you failed or if they realise I have helped then they will kill me."

"I'll ask." Tru said gruffly and put his foot back down as they rounded the Frankfurt area. He still needed a hotel and he needed to consider if he could really start a single manned war, well double but he hardly knew Shanemah and the guy was working on the other side for all he knew.

"I can block their other psychic from sensing your movements." He explained and pulled a small CD from his pocket. "This is what you may need about Fielding." He left it on the dash and Tru jumped again as he disappeared from his seat.

The low rumble that could have been mistaken as thunder he actually noticed to be his own voice. He was unprepared for that and it annoyed him. He wanted to finish this fight and it seemed that Shanemah wanted him to trust his word. Tru mumbled again as he pulled in to the car park near the river. He wasn't sure he could trust him but he could be vital in getting the upperhand.
Sign up to rate and review this story