Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > CSI: Across the Pond

Chapter 1

by horsie890 2 reviews

I SURRENDER! This thing was begging me to post it, as were many of you. So I gave in. It's the sequel to my CSI story. A small gift to SafeFromRobots; if she reads it, as I'm sure she will, she w...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-20 - Updated: 2007-03-20 - 548 words

1Original
"Mikey, I'll call you as soon as I land. Don't worry; we're going to catch this guy." Gerard snapped his phone shut, noting the time, and placed it back in his pocket. It was midnight, but he was far from tired. He knew he would have to sleep eventually, though; he wanted to get to work the second the plane hit the ground, if that was even possible.
Gerard took a long drink from the bottle of water he held. He hated planes, he really did. It would have been easier if he had at least been going on a vacation, but he knew he would never be that lucky. Not with his job.
"G, I'm going to get some sleep. Red-eye flights don't really appeal to me that much. Try not to work the entire time, okay?" said his partner, stifling a yawn.
"Don't worry, Frank. I'll be fine." In truth, his mind was tired. He had been in the middle of organizing some of the lab's older files when the call had come in: murderer with a hostage fleeing the country. Unfortunately, he had managed to evade the local authorities and was now at large on the other side of the world.
Gerard knew he should sleep for all nine hours of the flight, especially if he wanted to start on the case as soon as possible. But his brain wouldn't let him. If there was work to do, he would, undoubtedly, do it.
Three hours later, however, his eyes were starting to close of their own accord. The glow from his laptop's screen was intense, even though he had turned the brightness down as much as possible to let the other passengers sleep. It was especially important with all these first-class sticklers; they would complain if the air pressure was wrong, let alone something like that. He and Frank couldn't afford to get in trouble with the airline while on the job.
Another four hours after that, Gerard decided to shut the computer down. He closed his eyes and pretended to sleep as the flight attendants were serving breakfast; plastic food did not appeal to him at the moment, and rather than insult them he felt it better to ignore them entirely.
Frank was not quite as picky. He was now wide awake and chose to eat both his pancakes and Gerard's, not that the senior investigator was complaining. He just wished his friend didn't eat so loud; he really was considering trying to sleep.
'Don't think that,' he told himself scornfully. 'Remember that there was once a time when he was clinging to life. Be thankful he's alive.' He fell asleep for the remainder of the flight.
-
"Gerard, we're almost there," whispered Frank as he gently nudged his friend's shoulder. The senior investigator responded by rolling over to the left to face the window, away from him. Frank smirked. Gerard didn't want to sleep often, but when he did he hated being interrupted.
"We have to fill out these customs forms to get into the country, genius. And I'm relatively certain you don't want me to do it for you." Gerard was awake instantly and snatched the paper away from his friend. Frank laughed. There were some things about him that were always predictable.
Sign up to rate and review this story