Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > CSI: Across the Pond

Chapter 3

by horsie890 1 review

Chapter 3

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-20 - Updated: 2007-03-20 - 626 words

0Unrated
Frank could not stop staring when they got to the lab. It was easily three times the size of their own, and at least five years newer. None of that really surprised him, though. He was shocked when they were told to go through a security check to enter the lab.
"You've got to be kidding me," he said in disbelief. He made no effort to mask his distaste for the idea.
"Just go along with it, Frank," said Gerard as he carefully loaded their equipment onto the conveyor belt. This was ridiculous. These people were either paranoid or brilliant, though both investigators believed it was the former.
When they finally entered the main part of the building, they weren't expecting what they saw. Instead of hundreds of white-coated technicians monitoring high-tech lab equipment from one wall to the other, they were met with an empty lobby. Mirrored marble tiles covered the floor and reflected the ceiling's fluorescent lights into their eyes. Frank shut his right eye tightly. Even with his hair covering his damaged eye, the glare from the lights made the right side of his head ache.
He smirked slightly when a funny memory crossed his mind. Not long after he had first been released from the hospital, his eye had begun to give him trouble. As treatment he had been forced to wear an eye patch. 'Frank the Pirate' was still one of Mikey's favorite nicknames for him. Gerard placed a hand on his shoulder.
"You okay?" he asked in a low voice.
"It's too bright in here," his partner said weakly. "I need to go somewhere dark. /Now/." Frank pressed one hand against his injured eye as they carefully followed Matt to the secretary's desk.
"Good morning, Mr. Bellamy," she said, sounding bored. Frank felt his mood darken further. Their secretary always gave them donuts and coffee when they got to the lab in the morning, and he hadn't eaten since the flight. It was hard to break out of a routine that quickly.
"These two need clearance to enter the lab. Tell them to meet me in my office," Matt said in a professional tone. Gerard and Frank shared a glance.
"Very well then." The woman handed them each a stack of paperwork to fill out, and Matt left in the nearby elevator. The two investigators reached a silent agreement and moved simultaneously. "If you will please sign h-" She stopped talking when she saw the two police badges sitting neatly on top of the papers.
"We don't have time for this. There's a murderer with a hostage out there; we can't afford to waste any time," said Gerard firmly. The woman hesitated, but pulled out two guest passes and placed them on the counter.
"You still have to sign them." They agreed to this much and retrieved their badges soon after. The woman told them where Matt's office was, and they headed over to the elevator. Frank carefully studied the directory.
"Frank, it's on the third floor."
"I know, but take a look at this anyway. 'Questionable Documents Division,' 'Trace Analysis Laboratories,' they even have a whole separate floor for digital evidence!" Gerard rolled his eyes. Frank sounded like a computer geek on a field trip to Microsoft.
"That's very nice, Frank. I hope you get a chance to take over that floor and hold everyone hostage while you gawk at all the equipment," he said with a smirk, trying to keep his voice low and laughter hidden. With these people, even the most harmless and comical threat would probably initiate a third world war. He wasn't willing to take any chances. Frank smiled, showing his teeth, as he pictured what the scene would look like.
"Sounds good to me!"
Sign up to rate and review this story