Categories > Games > Dead Or Alive > Ryu vs Murai: The Final Bout

Chapter 1

by Scrooge 0 reviews

COMPLETED!...Ryu learns Murai has survived their battle on the Vigoor Empire. He learns Murai has joined forces with Donovan and DOATEC experiments. Ryu must now stop Murai, before he and DOATEC re...

Category: Dead Or Alive - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-10-05 - Updated: 2005-10-05 - 1546 words

0Unrated
Ryu vs Murai pt. 1 of 5

Ryu sat in his meditation position for hours, training his mind for his upcoming battle. The final bout between himself and his mind-playing enemy, Murai. Ryu knew this day would come and as much as he hated to admit to himself, part of him was afraid. That's why he meditated for so long. To get rid of that part of him. He didn't spend time thinking of strategies, his mind was completely lost in his own. The wind blew through his long hair as he contemplated away from the battle, but of all the happiness in his life. Kasumi crossed his mind more often as he began noticing how closer they have grown. He could now think of her as good of a friend as Hayate. He thought about Rachael, his equal partner in their second quest. What would she do now if he was able to remain victorious? He thought Ayane, she forced herself not to grow close to Kasumi, but in the end they were able to reconcile. He thought about Christie and Helena, who proved when matters are at their worse, conflicts can be put aside. He thought about Gen Fu's smile when he was reunited with Mei Lin. He thought about Bass finally accepting Tina's decision to live her own life. He thought about Jann Lee, a man who lives by his own code. And he thought about Lei Fang, a woman whose desires are deeper than a victory against her foe. He thought about Hitomi and her stories with his friend, Hayate. All of the DOA fighters crossed his mind. This was the first tournament, all the fighters connected with each other on a deeper level. That he was happy for. That will be his strength.

His eyes opened as he finished his meditation and he saw Hayate, Kasumi, Ayane, and Rachael all sitting on their own branch. Watching him and waiting for him to finishing his praying. Ryu took his mask and placed it back on his face.

"Is it time?" He asked.

Hayate nodded. He felt shamed he couldn't help, but he wanted to follow Ryu's plea to let him have this fight alone. Ryu stood and wrapped the Dragon's Sword around him, strapping it to his back. He looked at Rachael, "Thank you again, for getting the Dragon's Eye for me."

"There's something else I wanted to give to you." She said.

"What is it?"

Rachael reached behind her and pulled out a small container half-filled with blue liquid. "Spirit Elixir. Murasuma gave me this before I set out to find you. He said you would need it."

Ryu smiled as he graciously took the glass container from her. "Thank you."

Rachael nodded with a smile. "Just be sure you kick his ass."

Ryu nodded. "Well, guys," He gave a sigh, looking at his companions. "Let's go."

They all began to travel to Donovan's appointed arena. When they made it, they all stood outside for a moment. Viewing the coliseum where Ryu would take on his foe. Several helicopters were already in the sky videotaping the event from an aerial view. Apparently, Donovan predicted the fight may get out of hand and wanted to keep as many cameras going as possible. Then a guard at the gate cleared his throat obviously trying to catch the attention of Ryu.

"I think they're ready." Hayate said.

Ryu nodded as the five began making their way to the coliseum entrance. The guard stood away, opening their door so they can make their entrance. Each fighter walked in one by one, but when Ryu past the guard he heard him whisper. "Good luck, Ryu."

Ryu looked at him, but the guard stayed looking forward as if he said nothing at all. Ryu then realized just how many lives he was fighting for. Even the ones he thought didn't care about the outcome.

As they made it closer to the actual arenas entrance a guard stopped them. "Sorry, but Donovan only wants Ryu. You, four, can watch from here."

The others knew this would happen and didn't take the force into their own hands due to Ryu wanted to having this fight alone regardless.

"Just give me a minute." Ryu told the guard as he turned to his friends.

First, Hayate. "My best friend. You have been the only one I can trust of most my years. Though there is so much you may not know about me." He paused. "If I die, I want you to take my place and finish Murai off, regardless of these silly DOA rules. After you kill him, I want you to watch after Aileen, make sure she never becomes victim to any hand." Hayate nodded.

Then Rachael. "You have proven yourself to be a warrior of great strengths, time and time again. It was an honor to fight by your side, and if the situation ever rises again, I will always be there to help you restore peace."

"Don't worry, Ryu. We'll have a lot more adventures together. You'll see."

Then Ayane. "Thank you. Thank you for putting everything behind and moving your life forward. I've seen this coming years ago. I knew there was a heart inside of your aching to come out. I am very proud of you, Ayane. In honor of final battle, there is one thing I want you to do for me. Continue to treat Kasumi, the way you treat her now. The bickering is over, please keep it that way." Ayane nodded.

Finally Kasumi. Before he spoke, he hugged her. "You are now part of my clan. If others do not accept you when you make it back, you are part of my clan." He pointed at his heart. "This clan will always accept no matter what actions you take, as long as it's for good. Do not fret of being exiled any longer. You are officially part of the Hayabusa clan, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise." Kasumi gave a big smile. "You have shown me what courage really is. It doesn't matter what other may think, feel, or do due to actions. Courage truly comes from the heart. And you have one of the biggest hearts I have ever known out of a ninja. Thank you for sticking with me throughout this mess." Kasumi nodded.

"Umm sir, we're ready."

Ryu nodded and walked back to Hayate and have him one final handshake. "Remember my words, friend." Hayate nodded as Ryu slowly released his hand, turned and made his way to the arenas gates.

The arenas ground was made up of nothing but dirt and rocks which stretched out at least a mile in a full round diameter. It was a complete flat surface, but Ryu did notice the large widescreen at the top where Donovan would clearly make his presence known.

Ryu stood still making sure he was close to the gate. He didn't want to go into the middle and run into an ambush from Murai. Then the television screen came on and, predictably, Donovan's face was on the screen.

"Ladies and gentleman. As the catch phrase goes, 'This is the moment we've all been waiting for'. Except in this case, this moment each and every one of you are praying for a positive outcome." He paused.

"And the sole person to provide you with that positive outcome is Ryu Hayabusa." He announced. "He will be the one to take on the great Murai and each and every one of you will be able to witness the final battle for the fate of the world." His trademarked deceived smile came across the screen. "Ryu and Murai had at one time faced each other before with the great ninja walking away as the victor. Unfortunately, the great ninja did not complete his job. Murai survived the battle and to help entertain the fans of the DOATEC tournament, Murai has decided to join forces with DOATEC to bring you one of the most spectacular functions our tournament has yet to offer. Without further a due, DOATEC and the 'Dead Or Alive Tournament' brings to you Ryu vs Murai."

The arena gates opened from the other end of the coliseum.

"And also without further a due, DOATEC and the 'Dead Or Alive Tournament' brings you the your DOA Tournament Leader, Murai." Donovan concluded

Ryu stared into the darkness but did not see his foe. But he could feel his presence. He didn't catch a glimpse of him, but he was now able to see the blue glowing eyes. Then Murai finally and slowly stepped into the light. The gates closed behind him. As the two fighters stared each other down from their great distance.

Donovan was already pleased with the progress. He could feel the millions and millions of dollars rolling in from viewers wanting to see this fight. He then announces. "As always the only rule is a fight to the death by any means, gentleman. The fighter who walks out of here alive will decide the fate of the entire planet. Who knew television could get this good?"

The two warriors continued their stare, ignoring Donovan's words. "Good luck, gentleman. I can tell this will be a fight to definitely remember."
Sign up to rate and review this story