Categories > Original > Fantasy > Why can't I forget Him? ¢¾A vampire romance¢¾

Why can't I forget Him? ¢¾A vampire romance¢¾

by InLoveWithShane2007 0 reviews

Fern learns about her temprary home, along with who (and what) everyone is...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-03-21 - Updated: 2007-03-21 - 719 words

0Unrated
The boy had bandaged my neck, and now I sit in the guest room, huddled in a corner, staring out the window into the broad daylight. The boy had left for some reason or other, and I sing a soft lullaby my mother had taught me.

"Even though
Your far away,
Dont be frightend,
Lay there and pray,

Even though
Your wounds are deep,
No matter what,
Go ahead and weep,

I know you fear,
Ihe open air,
But dont worry,
I'll be with you there,

I know you fear,
The land of dreams,
Dont worry dear,
No need to scream,

I'll always be here,
From day until night,
I'll always be here,
Never out of sight..."

"You have an amazing voice," someone says walking through the door, and I turn my head seeing him holding a tray with 2 bowls of soup.

"Oh! Let me help you with that," I say rushing up and closing the door after he walks through.

"Thanks."

He sets the food on the foot of the bed, handing me a bowl, keeping the other.

"I belive I didn't get your name," he says while opening a pack of crackers.

"Its Fern, you?" I respond.

"Vladimire."

"I really am grateful, you know, with you saving me and all, I dont know how I could ever re-pay you," I say, bringing the spoon to my lips.

"Dont worry, there's no need to anyway. My brother gets..carried away," he says, muttering the last part to himself.

"Your brother? Your like him?! Oh, god..."

"When it comes to WHAT we are yes, I am like him, but if you mean WHO we are you'd better think again. I am NOTHING like him in that manner," he says hatred floading his voice.

Silence folowes.

"When will I be able to go home anyways?" I ask now remembering my mother and father at work.

"I'm afraid it'll be awhile. We have to wait until the portal re-opens."

I drop my spoon, "PORTAL?! WHAT THE H*LL KIND OF A WORLD AM I IN?!?!"

"Calm down, time here, passes much faster then the time in your world."

"WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

"Look out the window again."

I turn my head, my eyes showing my shock. Just an hour ago the sun was high in the air, now its begining to set. I look at him, awe-struck, when suddenly another question enters my mind.

"Wait a minute, if your a vampire why is it you can walk in the sun?"

"As I said earlier, we're in a different world, our sun has different radiations than yours. It allows us to walk freely here."

More silence follows, and eventually Vladimire leaves saying goodnight. I crawl under the silk sheets memories of my childhood flowing through my mind. ¢À¢ÀI can't belive I used to fantasize about this stuff.¢À¢À


-¢À-Dreams-¢À-

I run, afraid to stop. I have no idea what I'm running from, all I know is not to slow down. Suddenly, someone grabbs me from behind, and a sharp pain pierces my neck, a cramp feeling covering my body. I drop to the ground, alive but motionless. I watch in horor as Xavior holds a sword above my chest, ready to stabb me. The sword plunges down and I scream....

-¢À-Dreams-¢À-


I wake up, screaming. Vladimire and Xavior burst through the door, worried looks on their faces. They both reach for me, but when Xaviors hands touch my bare skin I cringe, huddleing up in a corner, still screaming.

"Fern! Fern it was a dream!"Vladimire shouts.

I begin to cry, pulling myself tighter against the corner.

"Keep him away," I whimper, "Please, Keep him away!"

They look at eachother, and then back at my weak, vulnerable form. My sobs lower as they leave the room, and I attempt to calm myself, with the lullaby.

"Even though,
sniff
Your far away," I sing shakily,
"Dont be f- f- frightened,
Ju- choke juchoke," I burst into tears again, unable to finish the song.




Several days later, I sit on a garden bench, holding a sketch pad that Vlad had given me. The pencil moves slowly, gracefully across the paper, forming a scenery of a lake. The moon is rising behind it, stars decorate the sky, and a garden surrounds the lake.
Sign up to rate and review this story