Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Darken Skies

Darken Skies

by super_jm

This is an "Insert You," story for girls. You and your sister are the only ones left of your race: the lighting wolves. In the demon world, you're just pups at the ages of 119 and 115. You and your...

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Kurama, Other - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2005-10-07 - Updated: 2005-10-08 - 2165 words

?Blocked
Darken Skies

This is an "Insert You," story for girls. You and your sister are the only ones left of your race: the lighting wolves. In the demon world, you're just pups at the ages of 119 and 115. You and your sister come to Youko's village, hoping to join it, being that the dogs who killed your race are after you two for your powers. Even with the help of Youko and Kuronue, will you and your little sister be safe, or will the two of you end up the mates of the dogs chasing you? Reader/Youko, Rachel/Kuronue

Chapter 1
Thief Village

NOTE: Okay, the main character (you) is really a girl. But to keep you and your sister safe, you use a spell to turn into a boy to make others thinks you're mates, so no one would try anything on you or your sister. And doing this make the story so much funnier. Sorry if you don't like the idea, but it's my story.

*

You peered though the brush. "Well. That's the great thief Youko's village. We made it here before the mutts caught us," you whispered to Rachel, your sister. She nodded.

"But they are still following," she whispered back. You grunted something. "Yeah, well, hopefully they won't dare try anything once we're in the village. With them thinking I'm a boy, they're keeping their distance...for the moment." You didn't like the idea of hiding in a male body, but at the moment, you needed to make people think that you two were mates.

You pulled out a blood red-colored gem. "I think this will get us in. I don't even think Youko would give up something like this," you said as you stood up. Rachel nodded as she stood up, too, and you both headed into the village.

*

"Hey Youko," Kuronue said, peering into the fox's quarters, "you may want to come see this. Two wolves want to join our village. They bought a blood rose gem."

The fox demon looked up. "A blood rose gem. Hell, even we haven't been able to get one of those," Youko complained as he stood up and followed the bat demon outside.

You looked up as Youko entered the room you and Rachel were waiting in. You stood up. "How did a pup like you get such a rare gem?" Youko asked bluntly.

"I know how to stick to the shadows," you said. "Youko, we need a place to live for awhile. I brought this to show you I'm a good thief, and I would do anything. I just need a safe place for my mate and me." You bowed respectfully. Youko looked to Kuronue before looking back to you and Rachel.

"For now you can stay," Youko said suspiciously. "You'll have to hold your own around here."

You nodded. "Of course," you said quietly. Youko left the room with the blood rose gem, leaving Kuronue showed you to a room within the palace.

"We'll let you stay in the palace for awhile," Kuronue said. "If you plan on staying longer, we'll find a house-or build one-out in the village." Kuronue smiled. You nodded, and Rachel smiled shyly. Once Kuronue had left, you looked to Rachel.

"We're in," you said with a grin as you transformed into a female. "God, it feels good to be normal at the moment." You sat down, clearly tired.

"The first task is complete," Rachel said.

*

Youko grinned as he leaned back in his chair, looking over the blood rose gem. Kuronue entered the room and sat by his partner. "The kid must be good to get one of these," he said. "It also seems they were being followed. The guards say they saw some mutts 'round here."

"Hm..." Youko muttered contemplatively as he set the gem down and stood up. "I wonder what the mutt tribe has against them."

"I haven't gotten a chance to really see," Kuronue said quietly, "but I think they're from the lighting wolf tribe. Remember how they said they were the last of their race? The lightning wolves were mostly killed off a year or so ago."

Youko smirked. "That explains a lot, then...from their scent, they're not only mates but also brother and sister. They must be doing all they can to revive their species."

Kuronue nodded, watching Youko leave. The fox was up to something.

*

You sat up off your bed. "Why couldn't you be the boy?" you groaned. "It feels weird to have something hanging down there."

"Because you're stronger then me," Rachel said. "Wouldn't it look weird if the female was stronger?"

"Well it'll prove that females are meant to be strongest," you muttered discontentedly.

Rachel smiled. She had to agree with that. She looked over as there was a knock at the door.

*

Kuronue followed Youko. "Don't tell me you're going to make the pup do something tonight," Kuronue said. "You trying to scare the kid?" Youko liked to test out newcomers their first night. "He's a pup and he did give you a blood rose gem... Let me guess, you're going to fight him to see where he's at in fighting and maybe find out why the mutts are after the two?" he finished, sighing. Youko had a weird way of talking to people.

"You know me too well, Kuronue. I'm glad you aren't an enemy of mine," Youko said with a smile as he looked over his shoulder.

Kuronue sighed again. "I feel sorry for the pup," he muttered, shaking his head.

*

You heard a knock at the door. Turning back into a boy, you walked over to open it, blinking when you saw Youko standing there. "Youko?" you said blankly, opening the door all the way.

Youko's tail swished mischievously. Even you could tell he was up to something. "Hmm...I'd like to see what you can do, pup," he said.

You made a face at being called a pup. Even at home they would call you that. "It's late though," you said, not in the mood to fight. All you had been doing all day was running. You sighed at the look he was giving you. He wasn't giving up.

"Come on, I won't be that rough," Youko said. "After all, don't you want to prove what you can do?"

Your ears went up slightly. "Don't really want to make a fool out of you," you said shiftily. Okay, your ego was a bit big. You looked back at Rachel to see if she cared if you went out.

Youko raised an eyebrow. He'd have to fix that ego of yours. Rachel bit her lip as she looked to you and nodded.

You followed Youko outside. Of course, Rachel followed you, wanting to see you get your butt kicked for once. You looked around. You really hadn't fought during the night before. You looked back to Youko.

Kuronue arrived quietly; some of the other pack members had also came out to watch. Youko grinned at you and backed up a few feet to prepare for the fight.

"Hey Youko," Kuronue said with a grin, "don't hurt the pup to much. Rachel may want him at least walking around." Rachel sweatdropped and her tail twitched slightly.

You made a face. "I'm not much of a pup here," you grumbled. Youko smirked.

"Ready?"

You nodded, dropping into a fighting stance. Kuronue started the fight and you leapt at Youko, attacking furiously. Youko blocked you with apparent ease.

"Fast, I admit..." he said to himself. "But to predictable..."

"Sure about that," you growled as you disappeared and attacked quickly from a different angle, getting a good hit in.

Youko raised an eyebrow. He wanted to see how well you could take a hit, so he ducked one of your punches and caught you in the gut with a punch of his own. You slid back slightly, wincing, but got ready for another attack.

"What about your spirit attacks?" Youko asked as he pulled out a seed. You looked at him.

"I don't know about using it right now..." you mumbled. You didn't want to look like you couldn't use any spirit attacks, but you didn't want to use your move, either. Even when you weren't low on energy, you had a hard time controlling it. You looked up to the sky, your eyes flashing with lighting as the sky darkened even more. Holding up your hand, you grabbed a sword of lightning, seemingly from midair.

Youko was getting excited. You had to hold in a laugh when you noticed that his hair was getting frizzy, and you shifted into a different attack stance. "His plants won't stand against my lighting sword," you thought, your ego getting big again. You and he looked at one another.

"I though their tribe was killed off years ago," one of the tribesmen whispered. Kuronue was laughing at Youko's frizzy hair.

Youko transformed a seed into the rose-whip. "Let's go, pup," he said as he ran forward, going to attack you. When the lighting sword hit the rose whip for the first time, Youko's hair stood up all the way. Kuronue fell over, he was laughing so hard. "Oooh, you're scary now, Youko," he laughed. You grinned as you looked Youko over.

You attacked again, cutting the whip in half and cutting Youko's shirt. He slid back with a loud grunt-"Fuck!"-and ducked again to avoid having his head cut off.

You slid back as well, letting out a deep breath. "Shit," you mumble as lighting hit the ground near by. "I'm losing control," you thought. You flinched as lighting hit to close to everyone-a little to close. Your sword disappeared. Your breathing quicken. Okay, you weren't used to using that sword.

The rest of the demons (who were not lighting demons) looked very freaked out, their hairs standing up. Rachel let out a sigh. Why did that always have to happen?

"Well...if you can get that power under control, you'll really have something, pup," Youko said as he removed the rest of his tattered shirt.

Youko shifted to find you staring at him. You blinked and looked away. "I do have it under control. I've used a lot of energy fighting those damn dogs..." You stopped talking suddenly. "Oops," you thought as you turned around. Walking away, you took Rachel's hand and continued back to your quarters.

"Weird..." Youko thought as you departed. "Wait...dogs?" he said before you and Rachel took off. "Why are they after you two?" he added.

You looked to Youko with dim eyes. "Do you really have to ask it? What do you think? We are the last of our kind. What do you think the mutts would do with this kind of power mixed with their messy bloodline?" you asked as you stopped to look at Youko. He looked to Rachel, who looked at the ground as you talked about the dogs. They had almost...well...almost got Rachel once. Youko looked back to you.

"I see," he said.

You were staring again. You couldn't help it. You blinked, shaking your head as you sighed. "Goodnight Youko," you whispered.

"'Night," he said, his voice sounding extra sexy.

"You have a crush on Youko, don't you?" Rachel whispered with a smile once you were back in your room. Your ears went up in surprise when Rachel said that.

"What gave you that idea?" you said hurriedly as you sat down. His voice was echoing in your head, causing you to blush.

"You kept staring at him, everyone noticed," Rachel said with a slight laugh. "And you were blushing too." She shook her head slightly. "He's going to get suspicious if you keep acting that way."

You made a face. "Not my fault he took off his shirt off." You flopped back on your bed. "Stupid male body reacts to everything," you groaned.

"At least you can be yourself at night," Rachel said as you turned into a girl again.

*

Kuronue followed Youko. "You almost got your ass kicked, Youko."

"Yeah, yeah," Youko grumbled as he walked.

"The pup was blushing at the end," Kuronue confided. Youko had to laugh.

"I know, what was up with that?"

"He's a pup," Kuronue laughed. "Pups blush at everything. Their minds only think about sex, even if it's the same sex. You were the same way."

"What do you mean? I'm still like that," Youko said with a smirk.

Kuronue sighed. "True, you're still a pup yourself... I'm the only one with both brains and good looks," he said, laughing at the face Youko made.

*

Rex stared at the village of thieves. "They're in there," he said dully. "Oh joy."

Rex's companion sighed. This was going to be tough. "We'll rest for now," Rex dictated. The other nodded and they set up camp.

NOTE: Well there's the start. I know, strange, but my friend and I role played this and it turned out really well. Heh.
Sign up to rate and review this story