Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Cold

by nevermore199 3 reviews

She's cold, wet, and grumpy. She shows up at his house. What happens next? [ One shot, Shikamaru x Temari. ]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Shikamaru, Temari - Published: 2007-03-27 - Updated: 2007-03-28 - 479 words - Complete

2Exciting
Knock, knock, knock.

"Coming," Shikamaru groaned. He reluctantly pulled himself out of the armchair and dragged himself over to the door.

When he opened it, he was met with a grumpy and soaking wet Temari.

"..."

"Let me in, Pineapple Head," Temari grumbled. "It's raining cats and dogs out there."

Shikamaru sighed. "Whatever." He moved aside and allowed Temari to come in. "What are you doing here?"

"I had a mission that was in the Waterfall country. Thought I'd take the long way back. Drop in to see you." Temari plopped down on the armchair that Shikamaru had been sitting in, leaning her fan against the side of the chair.

"Huh." Shikamaru frowned. "Why aren't you in a hotel, anyway? It's late."

"Hotels are all full." Temari stood up and stretched. "Do you have a towel or something?"

"In the bathroom."

Temari made a face. "Very good, genius. And which way would that be?"

Shikamaru pointed down the hall.

"You know, as the host, you should go get it for me. I am your guest, after all."

Shikamaru grunted. "Too troublesome. Get it yourself."

"Lazy." Temari smacked him over the head as she walked by. Shikamaru mumbled an unintelligible protest, which earned him a smug smirk from Temari.

When she had gone, Shikamaru walked over to the window and looked outside, his eyes fixed on the glowing "Vacancy" sign hanging from the hotel down the street.

*

As he lay awake in bed later that night, his mind kept wandering to the fact that Temari was sleeping on his couch. He kept shaking his head and turning over. He had a mission in the morning, and sleep prior to a mission was generally helpful.

When he heard the bed creak slightly and felt a shape move into bed next to him, he didn't have to look to see who it was.

"What do you want?"

Temari turned her head towards him. "It's too cold."

"So get a blanket."

"I could." Shikamaru could tell that she was smirking. "Or I could just steal yours."

"Hmph." Shikamaru turned away. "Whatever."

For a little while, they were silent, lying next to each other without moving.

Then, his eyes widened as he felt her slightly dampened body pressing up against his back, her arms reaching over him.

"Yes?" he said, managing to keep his voice straight.

"I'm still cold," came Temari's innocent voice.

"And?"

"Keep me warm."

Shikamaru sighed. "You really are the most troublesome woman."

He rolled over and met her eyes. For a minute, they stared at each other in the darkness, their chests touching, their faces close.

She almost gasped with surprise when he took her hand, twining their fingers together.

"Well?" He smirked a little. "Are you still cold?"

Temari smirked back and cuddled closer, tucking her head over his shoulder. "No," she whispered, her breath hot on his ear.

"Good."
Sign up to rate and review this story