Categories > TV > Star Trek: The Next Generation

Fear

by Celestria 3 reviews

Troi and EmotionChip!Data

Category: Star Trek: The Next Generation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror, Sci-fi - Published: 2005-10-12 - Updated: 2005-10-13 - 267 words - Complete

0Boring
Nervousness permeated the darkened ship as Troi crept down the hall. She knew the nervousness she felt was not her own. She suspected that this overpowering fear was emanating from someone who was not used to these emotions and she would have to find who it was. At the top of her suspect list was Lt. Commander Data. Data had recently come into the possession of the emotion chip, previously stolen by his brother Lore.

As Troi stood outside Data's quarters, her hand went out hesitantly as if she were expecting a borg to be behind the door instead of the android who she had grown to love. The door chimed as a scream erupted from inside the quarters.

A few seconds later, the emotion dissipated as a slightly frazzled Data opened the door. His normally jet black hair had several fluffy white particles in it.

"Greetings, Counselor. I was not expecting you."

"Hello, Data. I sensed fear and came to investigate."

"Thank you, Counselor. I was experimenting with my emotion chip and I wanted to understand fear. I did a complete study of 20th century horror movies in order to find the perfect movie to learn about fear. I settled on the 1979 movie 'Alien.'"

She breathed a sigh of relief and smiled as she noticed Data's hair, "Please warn me next time. May I ask what happened to your hair?"

"I wanted to have the theatrical experience and I replicated popcorn. I still have some in the bowl. Would you like to come in and watch a non-scary movie?"

"That would be lovely Data. Thank you."
Sign up to rate and review this story