Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Black to White

Black to White

by Silverwingsofthefire 2 reviews

Every moonless night, Iruka Sensei sees a girl form black wings. And every time she tries, she can't fly. When Squad 7 meets her, everything changes (AN: Sorry, i suck at summaries!)

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Gai, Hinata, Ino, Iruka, Kakashi, Naruto, Rock Lee, Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-30 - Updated: 2007-03-30 - 813 words

-1MarySue
Chapter One

A figure ran up a tree, the only sign of her was the movement. She only stopped at the top where she was catching her breath. The tree swayed in the cold wind, but she didn't mind at all. In fact, the cold was a comfort to her. Her hair moved with the whisper of the wind.

The night was black except for scattered stars between the thin clouds. The moon would be out tomorrow. But tonight, she would dance with only the stars.

She stood up slowly, maintaining balance like it was normal to stand on the tip-top of a tree. Her body created a black shadow against the bright stars and it was the only way you could distinguish her from the darkness.

Her eyes were closed, and her breath came slowly as if she was sleeping. Then she held her arms up. A bright, white light consumed her, and then disappeared as quickly as it had come.

Her body still was standing, but now the stars were hidden by two black wings that tore the stars light out of the sky.

Below, a ninja, Iruka, was watching her. He had been every time there was no moon. Every time, she launched herself into the air, flapping her wings helplessly. Then she came down, crashing onto branches. Then she disappeared into thin air as if she had never existed.

Always. He always wondered would she learn how to fly? Then, would she stay? It must be a dream. He finally decided.

This was a question that would change the life of this girl forever. It would in fact change the world as he knew it.

--
Ayumi watched as one of her best friends, Clairissa, walked alone in the hallway. Her eyes somewhere else other that good ol' earth.

"Risa!" She called, and the brunette looked at her and smiled.

Clairissa walked over slowly, avoiding other people in the hallway.

"Hey Chika" she said quickly, still with the smile.

Ayumi knew that it was fake, but she also knew that Risa refused to let anyone in. And if she did, it was only because she wanted to.

"Have you seen Sofi?"

"No."

She growled, "She said that she would bring me a Naruto book!"

"HA!" Risa laughed at the complaint.

Then she left, walking into a classroom. Today she doesn't only hurt inwardly, Ayumi noticed as Clairissa stretched her back with a small wince, but physically too. Hmm

--
After school
--
"Hey Ayu." Clairissa said into the speaker part of the phone. A piece of paper was in front of her, scribbled with her chicken scratch handwriting. The poem had just come to her, like a dream. She hadn't thought of it, it was someone or something else that seemed to have given it to her.

"Hey Chicka."

"Um, my hand just seemed to write this down, do you mind if I read it to you?" Risa spoke unsurely to her best friend.

"Sure."

"Um...ok, here it is...

"It's called, Black to White

"I stand in starlight
Without the light of the moon
Black wings on my back

I try to fly
But it's all in vain
The wings on my back reflect my pain

And I can't fly on broken wings
And of course, I'll just cause more pain to
Those of them to that I plead

Only when the black go's white
Will the moon witness
My first flight

Only when I learn to fly
With some else's wings beside mine
To help me when the moon once again goes black

To really stop being
The fallen angel
And flap, oh will I flap

And then my wings
White once again they'll be
And I'll soar with this healing

But only when my wings
Go from black to white
Will I witness my first flight"

"So, what do you think." Risa asked, expecting the usual, 'good."

"O-M-G Risa, that was so good. It's like a D.N.Angel thing going on there. How did you think of it?"

"No idea. It just was so random. I woke up and started writing it."

"Maybe a dream?"

"I never dream any more, especially on moonless nights." Her voice was barely above a whisper as she spoke.

--
Ayu wondered at this. Risa had told her that she never dreams, and it started on a moonless night. How she could remember that she would never know but...it was all really creepy.

She always dreamed because of her imagination, it was too big to handle. But so was her friend's. Maybe her dreams come out in her tears? Ayu thought.

"I know, sorry girl."

"It's okay Ayu, hey, how's your fic going?" She changed the subject and they started to rattle on about the stories they were writing.

"AHH!" All Ayu heard was the cry of pain and the phone went dead.
Sign up to rate and review this story