Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Date

Getting Ready

by Crimsonsorrow 2 reviews

Gerard is set up on a date by Jamia with one of her friends, the last few havent gone so well how will this one end

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-26 - Updated: 2007-03-27 - 1239 words

0Unrated
A/N: I do not own any of the characters except the original ones


Chapter one


Once again Jamia was setting Gerard up on a date, the last few dates that she's set him up on have not gone so well. Most of the girls were fake and plastic, they tried to make themselves look more beautiful than they were which made them look terrible in the end. Gerard really hates it when girls try too hard to make themselves look wonderful, they become something that they aren't, if they've always had a certain style that's different but changing yourself for someone, that isn't something that you should do.

"Gerard I promise you this time it wont go as bad as all of the other ones have, this girl is not a fake, plastic or any of the above. She went to high school with my older brother and we became friends she's never been like that." Jamia said to him pleadingly.

Gerard finished putting the finishing touches on his make-up, "How do I know that I mean I've never even seen her before and the last three dates have been just like that and I'm getting sick and tired of not finding love." He said sending Jamia a look. "Maybe I'm just not destined to find love, I'm supposed to be alone forever." he said to no one in particular.

Jamia shook her head, "Gerard believe me she's nothing like that and if you say you don't deserve love one more time I am going to kill you." she said to him. "Natalie is nothing like that, just trust me on that will you." she said as she smiled at him.

He sighed, "How am I supposed to recognize her exactly?" he asked her.

Jamia smirked, "She'll be the one who is wearing the combat boots, trench coat and has the multi-colored hair." she told Gerard smirking as she pushed him out of her's and Frank's apartment.

Jamia had picked everything out for the date Gerard and her friend Natalie were going on, the Italian place for them since both like Italian food. Gerard was now sitting at the table nervously waiting for his date to arrive there. He finally saw the one person who fit Jamia's description, she was wearing combat boots as Jamia said and a white flowy skirt, a black shirt with white stars over it and of course her trench coat.

Nervously she walked over to his table, "Gerard?" she asked wanting to make sure she got the right person.

He nodded and motioned for her to sit down which she did, "So you're Natalie, Jamia's friend?" he asked her.

She nodded, "So it seems, I've known her too long she's more of a sister to me now." she said to him smiling.

"I know how that is, that's how all the guys are to me. I've known them for so long that they've become my family. And well Mikey being my brother and everything I kind of have to count him as my family." he said to her which made her laugh a bit. "So what do you like to do in your free time?" Gerard asked her.

Natalie shrugged, "Nothing too interesting, I'm a writer so I am usually writing most of the time thinking of idea's of new stories and what not. I do like music though I think I would be lost without my iPod, I have a love for bad horror movies so that I can make fun of them and how obvious it would be to do something in some of the situations they put the characters in." she said to him.

He nodded, "Yeah that's pretty fun to do, though I like the scary versions of movies rather then the almost funny horror movies." he told her.

"Oh I can enjoy those too I just love making fun of movies at times, though I do admit that I watch Spanish soap opera's." she said to him.

"You know Spanish?" he asked curiously.

She shook her head, "Not one word of it." she told him.

"then why do you watch Spanish soap opera's?" he asked her a bit confused.

"Me and my friend who I used to live with got like three channels when we were living together while going to college and one of them was the Spanish soap channel and for amusement we would mute the sound and make up the words in English to what they were saying. It was a sight to see really, everyone thought that we were totally and completely insane." she said to him remembering those days.

Gerard just looked at her amused, "I bet to you and your friend that it was fun."

"It was, since we didn't exactly get out very much because we were either working or at school so it was really our only form of amusement." she said to him.

"What did you go to school for?" he asked her curiously.

"I went for creative writing, Music industry and journalism. I took a few art classes though, painting and animation mostly since those were the two things in art that I liked to do, I've designed a few things for Avenged Sevenfold and From First To Last." she told him smiling.

"So are you a famous writer then or what?" he asked smirking.

She shook her head, "I don't know about famous but I have a few things out that have given me some notice." she said to him.

"Like what?" he asked.

"Well I have my series called Cemetery Academy and then my other series which is about vampires and all that." she said to him.

Hearing that her stories were about vampires made him smirk since he was into the whole vampire thing, he wasn't totally obsessed or anything but they did interest him. As the night went on they found out that they had quite a bit in common, liked a lot of the same music, both liked the arts and of course science fiction sort of things and mystical creatures. Of course they did have some differences but what two people didn't have them, no two people are exactly the same as much as they may have in common.

Gerard drove Natalie home since she was dropped off at the Italian place by one of her friends. Gerard did all of the right things, he walked Natalie up to her door, opened the door of his car and helped her out which sort of surprised her. As Natalie was about to go inside her house Gerard pulled her towards him and firmly kissed her on the lips, at first she was too surprised to respond, but when she did it was throughly enjoyable.

He then rested his head against her's, "I had a good time tonight, I hope that we can do this again." he said to her.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" she asked him suddenly.

Gerard shrugged, "Nothing as far as I know, why?" he asked.

"I was wondering if you and the guys wanted to go out to a club that my cousin Nate and friend Katie own." she said to him.

He smiled down at her, "I'll ask when I see them tomorrow, but unfortunately Natalie I have to go. I'll see you later." he said and kissed her one last time before leaving for his apartment.
Sign up to rate and review this story