Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Prettier and younger, but not any better off

Prettier and younger, but not any better off

by ace10788 3 reviews

What's Patrick to do? [a one shot]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-03 - 862 words

2Moving
How did it come to this? He adjusted his black tie and reached for the black jacket on his bed.

"Patrick, I'm pregnant."

The plans they had made... it was all supposed to work out. It wasn't supposed to be like this...

"Marry me Jadalyn. We can start our life and our family together. It will be just like we always imagined."
"Oh my god! Of course I'll marry you!"


All the planning... it was all for nothing. All the stress and arguments about things that now seemed so insignificant.

"Patrick! We have to invite Michael! He's my brother!"
"He never liked me!" He hated fighting with his fiancée about their wedding plans. "I just don't want anyone ruining the big day."
"Well, you're going to be family, so he has to learn to put up with you. Plus, no one's forcing him to come."
"I just don't think we need to invite people who have a potential for conflict."
"So don't fight with him. If he's being a jerk about us being married, ignore him. He's just gonna have to deal!" She was getting angrier. Oh no.
"You know I couldn't ignore what your family says about us."
"Well, maybe you don't want or need to be a part of my family."
"But baby, I love you." Maybe it was so quiet she didn't hear. Maybe she ignored him. Either way, it didn't stop her. She ran out the door, six months pregnant and very upset.


"Trick, you gonna be okay?"
"Yeah." A tear rolled down his face. "It's just hard Pete."
"I know. I'll be here for you if you need me."
They walked out the door of Patrick's house. Jadalyn, why did it happen like this?

He ran to the window. She was crying uncontrollably as she got into the car. Maybe she wouldn't be able to leave. Maybe she heard him and would come back inside. These mood swings of hers were barely tolerable some days. She had become overly emotional in the last month or so. Usually, she would go lock herself in their room or tell him to leave. Sometimes she would run out to the car, but she would sit out there and cry until it was out of her system. He hoped and prayed she wouldn't start the car.

"Pete, I don't think I can handle seeing her."
"If you don't go, you're going to regret it forever."

She started the car. After a minute, she pulled out of the driveway. As the car disappeared, Patrick grabbed the phone. "Pick up!" rrriiiiinngg. "Come on!" rrriiiinngg. "Jadalyn! Answer me!"
"Hey! You have reached Jadalyn. I can't answer my phone right now, but leave a message and I'll get back to you!" beeep!
"Jay! It's Trick. Please come back! I love you."


Patrick got out of the car and walked towards the door. "Thanks for coming with me Pete." He took a deep breath and entered the building.

RRIIINNGGG! RRIIINNGGG! Maybe this was her, calling to apologize. To say she was wrong for storming out like that and it was just the hormones.
"Hello, am I speaking with Patrick Stump?"
"Yes."
"I'm sorry. There was an accident. Your fiancée is in critical condition. She may not make it through the night. You should come down to the hospital immediately."


Patrick felt lost. He saw Jadalyn's parents were across the room, speaking to other family members. Almost as soon as he started to cross the room, her mom saw him.
"Patrick, honey, are you going to be okay?" Her mom had always loved him like her own.
"I don't know." She pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sorry sir, we're only allowing close family to come in." The nurse stood by the door.
Jadalyn's mother came out from her room. "Patrick, how long have you been here? Jadalyn asked if you were here."
"Ma'am, is this young man family?"
"He is her fiancé." The nurse opened the door for him.
Patrick walked down the corridor and the walk seemed to go on forever.
As soon as he walked in the door, she saw him. "Patrick, I'm sorry. I love you. I shouldn't have left. Now the baby is gone." She began sobbing.
"Baby, it's not your fault. You were hit by a drunk driver. You'll pull through this. We'll get married and we'll have the most beautiful babies anyone has ever seen. I promise. I love you Jay." Tears streamed down both their faces.
"I love you too Trick."
He sat by her bed, wiped the tears from her eyes, and just held her hand as she drifted off to sleep.


Michael came over to Patrick. "She was my baby sister. No one had even proven themselves worthy of her attention until you."

Ten minutes after she went to sleep, it happened. For Patrick, it was like going deaf and watching everything in slow motion. Doctors and nurses rushed into the room to revive her, but their attempts were in vain.
"Time of death, 9:47 P.M."


Patrick went home that night to an empty house and a cold bed. It would never be the same.
Sign up to rate and review this story