Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Doll's Resemblance

It's Dark

by sesshyfanchick 1 review

it's dark...0.0

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Kagome, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2007-04-04 - Updated: 2007-04-04 - 6071 words

0Exciting
Yay! 8th chappeh!! I hope u guys enjoy this and please leave a lil' review...pwease ;D


Chapter 8: It's Dark

Maybe it would have been best to do it himself. He had the will power to do it and he was certainly powerful enough to, yet...how would he go about doing so? Rii, now formally known as Naraku, shifted his body, enjoying the soft caress of the blankets rubbing against his skin. All night he had been thinking, thinking about Kagome and her little "friend". Too much thinking if you'd ask him. He was stuck in a mild situation. Of course, he was the one who had gotten himself into it and he wasn't going to show her that he was a coward. He'd help her, no matter what. This time, she wouldn't be able to mock him for his failures.

His mind drifted to Kagome again and he let out a soft sigh. How was he supposed to do it to her when her face clearly resembled someone he had loved dearly?

"Had loved more to speak," he mumbled. Maybe he shouldn't have yelled at her; now Kagome was going to be even more uncomfortable around him. Since Sesshoumaru hadn't retrieved anything in his interest he supposed he was going to have to do it himself.

"I suppose I will have to look for her again," he whispered, turning around to face his pillow. He lowered the sheets over his head and dozed off.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Kagome awoke with a start, her body shuddering from an absent coldness. The rays of the sun outside poured through her bedroom window, engulfing the small room in a radiance of golden light. She had had a bad dream, although...she couldn't quite remember what that dream was.

"Another blank one," she muttered to herself, scooting a few strands of raven black hair away from her face. She grimaced as she accidentally applied pressure to her hand.

She brought her hand down, eyeing the beige Band-Aid that was placed over her tiny puncture wounds. It still stung when she touched it. The memories from yesterday began to flood in, reminding her who had given that slight injury to her hand. She didn't even want to think about it, what he did. It wasn't as if it were dramatic to her, it was just that...it was kind of an odd situation. A tang of guilt pierced her. It was her fault anyway. It was clearly obvious that she had said something to upset him, that's why he had pierced her like that.

"But he's not supposed to care," she whispered to herself. Kagome unlayered the mass of blankets atop of her, careening her legs out over the bed's edge.

She almost screamed as her eyes were met with two piercing orbs of gold. Kagome managed to calm herself down. He always managed to scare the living daylights out of her and he didn't even have to do anything!

Sesshoumaru was sitting atop her desk, his cold stare piercing into her own. She had forgotten that she placed him there last night, carelessly she might add. She just felt so odd with him yesterday after the park incident that she didn't even want to deal with him, so she had taken to do some homework while leaving him there to sit upon the desk to stare at nothing. And here he was, still...sitting and staring at nothing.

Kagome eyed him wearily before she too got up from the bed. She shot a glance at the digital alarm clock next to her bed.

8:35, it read. Kagome smiled, heading over towards her closet. Today was Saturday; she wasn't going to let just some odd fluke affect her. She was going to enjoy her weekend as best she could, even if Sesshoumaru had to tag along too! After retrieving a pair of dark blue jeans and a sleeveless black shirt, she headed off towards the bathroom down the hall.

"I'll be back, " she quickly added, stepping out into the hall.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

He knew it. It would only be a matter of time before that ghastly woman would hunt him down again. It seemed that throughout all these years he had been used as merely a tool, to gain a possession that the witch so greatly desired. Sesshoumaru let a ghost-like smirk stretch upon his slender lips. He wasn't going to rush, he never rushed. He would just take things as they went, abiding by his own time. Besides, he was never asked to be brought to this world, so then that would mean he didn't have to do anything to repay the favor of his upbringing.

Sesshoumaru stared about the all too familiar room, his golden eyes darting here and there. The girl had left to go change clothes perhaps, and here he was stuck like a bump on a log. He raised a slender hand, its pristine glow shining amidst the sun. He eyed his nails, where her blood had still remained wedged between them. He would have to clean them some time, he presumed that the girl might have cleaned them by now, so it was clear that she hadn't given him much thought. He had noticed, he wasn't an amateur when it came to other people's emotions. He could sense them very well actually; it was just his incapability to process them as his own that was the problem.

She had ignored him all night last night, after the park. As soon as they had gotten home, she placed him unceremoniously atop her wooden desk and left him there while she lay upon the bed, ogling through some foreign book. Sesshoumaru placed his hand upon the desk, running his claws in a circular motion across its smooth surface. He had decided. He would leave this place, leave the girl and all her perplexing emotions behind. He would go back to the shop, he already knew the way since they had gone there just yesterday.

Sesshoumaru stood up, his bare feet clinking softly against the wood as he walked his way towards the edge of the desk. After calculating for a moment or too, he leapt off, his body landing gracefully upon the carpet floor as his hair fluidly trailed behind him. He stared at the door that led out into the hallway. Thankfully, she had left the door open. And with that, Sesshoumaru padded softly towards the door, heading out into the hallway and forever leaving Kagome's room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Sesshoumaru stared; he stared and stared and stared, his eyes never leaving that fixed spot. The stairs, he should have remembered the god-forsaken stairs! Sesshoumaru stared about him, checking if anyone had spotted him yet. They had not. He continued to stare down the stone steps, wondering if he should just go and get it over with. He had forgotten entirely about the stone staircase, the flaw to his escape. How on earth was he going to get down there? The girl had always carried him up and down, which had been fairly easy enough.

Sesshoumaru outstretched a hand, placing it upon the stone pillar at the head of the stairs. This obstacle was indeed very difficult.

'It would cause damage,' he thought to himself. A swift breeze came through the area, scattering fallen leaves while his silver hair entwined with the air. He just had to think up of another escape route. Perhaps he could climb a tree? His claws were certainly sturdy enough to be able to grip onto the bark, as would do a cat. His eyes widened a fraction. The cat, the cat would be his escape. The ball of fluff called Buyo would certainly do. Sesshoumaru tucked a strand of white hair behind his ear. No, he would find another way to escape. The cat was too risky and by all means most degrading.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Kagome stepped out from the bathroom, her hair neatly combed and her face already washed and patted dry. She made her way down the hallway, turning into her bedroom.

She glanced about the room. Nothing seemed odd. The bed was still messy, the sun had gotten brighter and...she couldn't quite place it but she felt as if something had been missing.

1, 2, 3.

"Oh my god!" she shrieked. She quickly clamped her hand over her mouth as to not wake her still sleeping family. He was gone, Sesshoumaru was gone! The panic began to rise, filtering within her body. She shouldn't have left him alone! Kagome suddenly remember the puncture wounds on her hand. Her eyes widened. Her family! She had to make sure that he hadn't gotten to them. If he could injure her then he was perfectly capable of injuring her family.

With that, Kagome sped out into the hallway.

Once closing the last door, her mother's, Kagome breathed a sigh of relief. He hadn't gotten to them, thank goodness so now she didn't have to worry about that prospect any longer. Kagome ran a hand through her hair, mussing it up in a stressful manner. He ran out on her again, just like he did that time when she had first gotten him. What was it with him? Did he like to send her sprawling on wild goose chases? Kagome sighed and took in a deep breath. Perhaps it was now time to start searching the house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Sesshoumaru sat himself upon the first stone step, his lithe body leaning against the support pillar. He had had calculated the possibilities of escape, had even tried them but they all came to nothing. He couldn't scale any stone walls since the girls residence was located upon a high hill, so the means of him escaping that way would mean for a very tragic fall. He had actually tried climbing his way up a humongous tree that was located near the center of the large courtyard, yet to no avail. Half way up and he had almost lost his grip. Too dangerous if you would ask him.

Perhaps he was stuck here? Sesshoumaru tightened his jaw. No, he wouldn't say that. There was always a possibility, no matter what the circumstance. If not, then he would simply have to make one.

Sesshoumaru tensed as he heard the sound of footsteps echo within the house. No doubt the girl had discovered his absence. He heard the sound of something swish open from behind him, a steady pace of pounding on the cement following after. The girl was coming towards him now, making her way across the courtyard towards the stone pillars that he was leaning against. He slanted his eyes, his fingers twiddling with the white silk of his yukata. He could sense it, she was fuming. He waited for the inevitable.

"What were you thinking?!" she fired, her hands flailing in the air. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" He watched as her hand found its way to her temple, her fingers massaging it in a circular motion. He assumed that he had stressed her beyond her limit.

"You're so stressful!" she edged, stomping on the concrete ground with her right foot. Sesshoumaru wondered at her childish antics. Was this how she was like when she was angered? He turned himself away from her, staring out into the open where the bottom of the stone steps were. He did not feel like listening to her romps and rants at the moment. Right now, he was too busy thinking up of an escape route.

A lone lock of silver hair cascaded down Sesshoumaru's shoulder, pooling into his lap. He entwined his fingers around it, rubbing his porcelain skin against the soft strand. He did not understand why she was being so boisterous. He had done nothing wrong to her. He hadn't marred her family; he hadn't run a rampage throughout her house like he had previously done. What was there to gripe about?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

Kagome was fuming. She had searched and searched all throughout her house in means of finding him, wasting her time greatly. Once she realized that he wasn't anywhere to be found, she had decided to check outside. Once she had seen him sitting there, leaning against the stone pillar that supported the steps, she breathed a sigh of relief, which was quickly cleared away by annoyance, anger and stress.

Now, after a few unsuccessful shouts and reprimands, he wasn't even trying to listen to her! She had seen him turn away from her, leaning more into the stone pillar.

She felt as if she wanted to burst, to shout out her feelings, emotions...anything that bothered her up to this point. She wanted to tell him that she was worried, not only for her family's safety, but also for his. She was worried that he might have fallen, broken into a thousand porcelain shards. Although, she didn't quite get why she had even cared. He was just a doll, right?

Kagome shook away her lingering thoughts. Right now, she had to deal with Sesshoumaru. Kagome stomped her way over towards him, stepping down a few steps so that she could meet him face to face. She leaned her body in, trying to match his gaze yet his eyes were averted elsewhere. Kagome felt her pulse quicken, her face slowly getting hotter. She questioned herself, wondering at her odd behavior. Maybe it was just how he was sitting; his slanted eyes looking away, his mercury colored hair pooling in around his lithe form. Majestic, that's what she would call him. Although, she would never voice that aloud...ever.

"If you disliked my company that badly, then you should have told me!" she said loudly, but not too loud as to wake her family up. That was her conclusive reasoning, that he despised her presence. What other conclusion could you come up with? It was very clear; simple, put right to the point. That was why he never tried to communicate with her, why he had pierced her with his sharp talons, and why he was trying to escape. Then why was he sitting there looking so forlorn? Wouldn't he already be gone, away from her and the shrine? Kagome looked behind her and looked at the stone steps she was standing upon.

Kagome let a rye smirk embark upon her face, her anger cooling down into a simmer. So, those damned steps were useful after all.

"Did the stone steps kill your plan or something?" she asked mockingly, already knowing the answer. Naturally, she received no reply. She was already used to his lack of communication, and she was aware that even if he did answer her it was probably because the need was either dire or necessary. Still, she asked anyway.

Kagome let out a battered sigh. There was no use in trying to ask him anything anymore, so she would probably just leave him be.

"Well, I was going to go out anyway, so you could have told me something earlier and we could have prevented all this," she said slowly. Kagome patted her jean pocket, making sure that her wallet and cell-phone were safely secured. She was planning on searching for more shops that dealt with the occult or voodoo or something like that. Perhaps, if she were to search hard enough, she would be able to find some store that dealt with the sort of stuff she was currently dealing with. Awhile ago, she had concluded that Sesshoumaru was some sort of magic being so she had thought that that's where her search would begin. Magic.

Kagome knelt down, stretching out her hand so that it was a mere couple of inches from Sesshoumaru's body. His eyes flickered towards her hand and then up to her face. They slanted.

"You wanted to escape right?" she asked, a smile gracing her lips. There was no use in being angry with him anymore. The past was the past and she'd leave it at that.

Sesshoumaru merely stared at her hand, as if he thought it was something dangerous and feral. She saw his eyes retract and that was all the answer she needed.

"Do as you wish," he said, his baritone voice echoing within her ears. She nodded and wrapped her fingers around his tiny body, picking him up and placing him gently within the crook of her left arm.

"Well then, shall we?" she piped and began descending the stone steps.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

For the rest of the their little trip, he had remained silent. Of course, the girl had other means of passing the time. It seemed that she couldn't shut her mouth. Even in front of people, she still didn't even have the decency to stop. Thankfully, she had always lowered her voice around them to fawn suspicion. Sesshoumaru was still nested within the crook of her arm, his tiny body leaning in against her chest. He would have to say that the stares that they had gotten were rather unsettling at best, but other than that nothing much had happened.

"Keep your eyes open for any store that might look strange to you," she said, her eyes scanning the jumbling streets for a store that took interest. Naturally, Sesshoumaru said nothing to return, but merely stared on, his golden eyes searching silently for any telltale sign of something out of the ordinary.

After about ten minutes of walking down the densely packed sidewalks of Tokyo, Kagome suddenly got a bright idea. The library, there was always something useful to look into at a library! Kagome reprimanded herself, wondering why she hadn't thought of the possibility before.

"Hey Sesshoumaru," Kagome said, looking down at the doll in her arms. She waited for his eyes to connect with hers, that was always one way she could tell that he was at least listening to her.

"We can head over to the library!" she continued, letting a smile draw onto her lips. "I could probably find something about magic or whatever, maybe even find out what you are since you don't wanna' tell me anything."

What was the point in telling her anything? It was his business, his personal affairs; she hadn't the right to demand of him such confidential information. Sesshoumaru scoffed, his eyes leaving her face to stare back out into the busy streets. The world had changed remarkably since he had last remembered. He didn't even know half the things he was looking at right now, although he wouldn't voice that to her. He would eventually get a grip onto the workings of the world once again, wasn't as if it was new to him anyway.

Kagome smiled to herself. The library was a sure place to at least get some information down, that she knew. She wasn't even going to as him if he wanted to go, he was going to have to tag along with her whether he liked it or not.

"Well then!" she piped, heading off towards the direction of the library. "To the library!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

"What are you planning to do, Naraku?"

A swiveling mass of pink filtered in, tiny sparkles of magenta colored glitter frolicking about. Naraku was leaning against his bedroom wall, his legs criss-crossed over his jade green blanket covers. His hair was messy, black tendrils sticking out every which way. He had just awoken from a deep slumber, his usually mischievous red orbs dull and weary.

"Why must you pester me at such a time?" he asked, his black fingernails digging through his hair to straighten out the tangles. The pink mass flickered in and out, the color gradually turning into a light magenta.

"Do not play games with me," the mysterious voice echoed, bouncing off the beige walls of his room. Naraku frowned, his brow creased in a confused manner. It was rather odd for her to appear in any other place than the dark, nonetheless his room. Perhaps it was time for the serious stuff to take place?

"I cannot wait any longer Naraku," the voice cut in again. "I have awaited for this moment many a century. I believe it was you who had so willingly offered to aide me in my pursuit, was it not?" Naraku tucked a strand of hair behind his ear, his red orbs bursting to life. He smiled, a small smirk taking hold of his lips.

"I have not forgotten," he said slowly, his voice changing from a groggy tone to a snide one. "Do not worry my Dear, I will get what you so impatiently want. The question is, are you prepared?"

The swiveling mass of pink energy burst into flame with a bright magenta burning after it, then all of sudden it fizzled out.

"I am always prepared..."

Naraku smiled.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

It smelled very stale. Kagome couldn't quiet put it, but the library smelled very...boring. They had arrived at the library safely; save for a few odd stares coming from oncoming passerby, yet everything had gone smoothly. She still held Sesshoumaru within the crook of her arm, cradling him against her chest in hopes that he wouldn't accidentally fall.

Kagome patted her way through the carpeted floor, going up to the directory to find a specific section of the library that would suit her interest.

"Folklore, ancient myths, supernatural..." Kagome whispered to herself. "Second floor. Should be alright to look in, right Sesshoumaru?" He didn't answer. He stared at the odd map encased in glass, his eyes swimming over various geometrical shapes and vibrant colors. He couldn't quite understand what he was looking at, but it made as much sense for him to get the nick of it.

Kagome made her way towards the elevator, pressing onto the up-arrow button. She patiently waited for its arrival until she heard a click and the sound of opening doors. She stepped in the small compartment and pushed a button that read "2" on the elevator wall. Gravity flattened against her as the elevator scaled upward.

Once the elevator stopped and opened its doors to the second floor, Kagome stepped out, searching for a hanging sign that read, "Supernatural". Her eyes lighted up when she had found what she was looking for.

Sesshoumaru stared about the large room, his golden eyes scanning the large shelves filled with tons and tons of books. There was so many, he noticed. Too many to even count! How was it that humans could read so much?

The girl was heading towards some direction of the large, book filled room. He looked above him, a black sign hanging from the ceiling reading, "Supernatural." So, the girl had thought him a ghost now?

Kagome crept quietly down the aisle where all the supernatural books were enlisted. Why she was acting so stealthy, she hadn't a clue but something about the situation just made her feel a little bit sneaky.

She extended her hand, her fingers tracing numbly against the aged spines of the books. There were so many that she didn't even know where to start! Ghost, poltergeist, the occult, what in the hell was she supposed to look at?

"A little help here please," she whispered down to Sesshoumaru. She saw his silver head perk up, his golden eyes tracing towards hers. He quirked his head to the right and then continued to stare down at the long line of books packed into the wooden shelves. Kagome mentally slapped herself. There was no point in even asking him anymore...for anything.

'Just forget it Kagome, forget it...' she thought to herself. Her eyes opened wide when she came across an interesting title.

"Witchcraft huh?" she said to herself, her hand extending towards the book. She plucked the brown book from its snug place on the shelf. The cover was moth eaten and dusty, the spine very much falling apart. The golden trim had worn off a very long while ago and Kagome had to wonder at the age of the book. She smiled and tucked the book into Sesshoumaru's lap. She felt him flinch at the rough intrusion of his personal space.

She continued to walk the length of the long aisle, her fingers still tracing along the pathway of book spines. She halted when her eyes met the black spine of huge book. Silver lettering written in Goth Victorian letters that read, "Black Magic".

"Eureka!" she cried out. Kagome stretched out her hand, her fingers wrapping around the spine, but when she pulled...she almost screamed.

Two fiery red eyes stared back at her from behind the shelf, red flames dancing in a mischievous undertone. Kagome took a moment to catch herself. She recognized those eyes; there was something about them that spelled danger...clear and simple as that.

"Rii..." she whispered harshly, the black book in her hands slammed down into the carpeted floor. She took a step back, her eyes never wavering from the red ones. She saw them blink once or twice before they disappeared altogether from her view.

Sesshoumaru quirked his head, his gaze averting towards the girl that carried him. Her breathing had become erratic and he notioned that the red eyes who had suddenly appeared had something to do with her distorted behavior.

"Rii," his smooth voice whispered. Kagome looked down at him, surprised that he had spoken considering that he hadn't spoken to her for a very long time. She calmed herself down, tucking a strand of raven hair behind her ear, straightening down the folds of her jeans. She stared at the black book, its huge old self sitting elegantly upon the floor. She bent over, extending her hand to pick it up. She gripped it, her body slowly regaining its straight posture.

"Eep!" she squealed. There was Rii, his tall lank form towering over her. His vermilion eyes danced with a ball of mischievous flame, a smirk twisted upon his elegant lips.

"Good afternoon my Dear," his deep voice drawled on, the smoothness of it all luring her in. Sesshoumaru tensed, now fully aware of his sudden closeness. Rii (Naraku) was dressed in a long black trench coat, dark gray jeans protruding from the heavy fabric. His arms were crossed across his chest, his black colored fingernails tapping lightly onto the trench coat material. She watched as the glimmer from his rings splashed flashes of multi-colored light.

She watched as Rii's gaze drifted towards the large book in her hands. His eyebrow quirked, his head tilting towards the side.

"Now, why would you ever want to meddle into such a silly thing?" he asked, his voice as clear as crystal. Kagome gulped, the memories from the last time she had seen him refilling her mind. He was so rude to her before, now he acted as if nothing had ever even happened! Kagome straightened her posture, sticking her nose up into the air. She wasn't going to give off an air vulnerability, that would just make him think that he had the upper hand.

Sesshoumaru sensed that something was a bit, off. Why would Rii want to come see the girl again, when it was clear that he didn't want anything to do with her? He had acted so pushy and practically threw the girl out the door! Sesshoumaru couldn't quite place it, but he knew that Rii probably had something up his sleeve. The question was, what?

"What do you want?" Kagome asked, her voice betraying her slight speck of fear. Rii smiled in return at her bold question. She watched as his fingers fiddled with the strands of his hair, curling them around each digit.

"Now, now," he cut in, his gaze averting towards her. "There is no need to be so imperious." Kagome stepped back. She was curious, wondering at his sudden appearance. Why the library of all places? It was surely not coincidence, their meeting. There had to be something up with his sudden emergence.

Kagome pressed Sesshoumaru to her chest, her feet edging away from Rii and his suspicious gaze.

"The last time I remember, you practically threw me out the door!" Kagome said loudly enough for him to hear her clearly. "Why the sudden change of heart?" Sesshoumaru continued to stare at Rii. So far, Rii hadn't even noticed his presence. Was he being ignored? Finally, Rii's red orbs landed upon Sesshoumaru's golden ones. They stared there like that, the two "men" staring at each other intently. Finally, Rii broke the staring contest, his eyes resting back upon Kagome. Sesshoumaru watched him give an affectionate smile, his long eyelashes batting up and down. How quaint.

"Why are you here?" Kagome cut in. She took a careful step towards Rii, making sure to not get too close.

"You mean to say, I cannot take the time off to stroll about the library in search of a good book?" he counter-fired, his tone a smooth mock. Rii suddenly sighed, his eyes drooping to the floor. He came closer towards her, his pale hand coming up to grip Kagome's. The Witchcraft book dropped to the floor, resounding in a dry thud.

"Well, since you are here," he breathed, his head lowering towards her pink hand. "I want to apologize, for the other day. I realized that I acted in such a childish manner and I did not mean to cause disrespect to you and your...friend."

Sesshoumaru watched Rii's eyes quickly dart towards him, but they immediately flickered back towards Kagome.

Rii sunk lower, his lips merely centimeters away from her flesh. Kagome felt a blush rise to her cheeks, her mind forgetting about the mission in retrieving information and Sesshoumaru all together.

Sesshoumaru watched the display in silence. Rii had kissed the girl on the hand in such a way that it almost made him snarl. Although, he did not have the slightest idea as to why it bothered him so, so he kept his mouth at bay.

Sesshoumaru looked up at Kagome, wanting to see the reaction of Rii's heated actions. He was surprised to see that her entire face had gone red and that her head was bent down, blocking all view of her eyes. Sesshoumaru pivoted his head, his silver hair looping over his shoulders.

'Degrading,' he thought callously as he rested a heated glare towards Rii. Of course Rii paid no attention to this, he merely straightened himself. Sesshoumaru twitched in his seat, since the previous book was still wedged tightly into his lap. Perhaps it was time to get the damned thing off? The only way was to get the girls attention.

"Ouch!" Kagome squeaked as she felt two sharp needle- like objects penetrate her skin. She looked down at Sesshoumaru. His lips had wrapped around her wrist, his fangs pressing lightly into her flesh. He hadn't bit her hard to actually break the skin.

Satisfied that he had gotten her attention away from Rii, Sesshoumaru glanced at the book within his lap. Kagome scowled at him, saying things to him about "being nice." At least she had gotten the idea when she removed the book from his lap and plopped it down onto one of the wooden shelves that surrounded her.

Rii watched the little display, his eyes widening in entertained humor.

"Kagome," Rii called to her. He smiled when he once again regained her attention. "Perhaps we could go for a walk?"

Kagome looked around nervously after processing his question. What was she supposed to say? She couldn't possibly say no, that would be too rude. Yet...this was her chance to pry some information out of him.

She looked down at Sesshoumaru. He was glaring intently at her, his golden orbs piercing into her like a thousand dreadful daggers. She brushed the heated glare away, focusing her attention once more on Rii.

"Yeah..." she answered slowly, her feet shuffling against the carpet. She watched as a smirk etched its way onto Rii's face, his red eyes dancing merrily with a flame of roguishness. He offered his hand to her, waiting for her to latch on and follow. Kagome stared at his hand hesitantly. There was no point in getting intimate with him; Rii was a little bit too strange for her liking. She declined the offer by shaking her head. Rii simply shrugged and headed towards an exit towards the back of the library room.

"Aren't we supposed to go downstairs?" Kagome asked, still following after him. He shook his head no and continued his way.

"There is a balcony out here on the second floor," he called back to her. "Perfect spot for a little chit-chat." Kagome nodded silently. She followed him out the brown door, taking notice of the green exit sign. She clutched Sesshoumaru tightly. She was really nervous. What sorts of things would Rii say to her? How was she supposed to respond? Heck, she was even having a hard time keeping her cool!

Sesshoumaru felt a wash of cool air fan against his skin. His silver hair thrashed madly behind him in the wind, catching onto to the girl's chest. They were now out on the balcony. He looked around, regarding the new surroundings. The sky was blue and the sun shined brightly...it was also deserted. He watched as Rii headed over towards the building's edge, placing his elbows upon the cement guardrail overlooking the city.

Rii's hair blew gently in the wind, long locks of hair catching in his face. Kagome stared about her, feeling slightly awkward with the lack of other human beings. There was not a single soul out there with them! Now she was really going to have a tough time concentrating.

'But Sesshoumaru's here,' she thought to herself, staring down at his silver head. She didn't know why, but she felt somewhat safer at that thought. He was there, standing by her through all of this. She hugged him tighter, giving him a silent reward without even knowing that he was receiving such a prize.

Sesshoumaru tensed up at the slight pressure the girl gave him. He didn't look at her, understanding that she merely wanted to know that he was still there and conscious.

"Kagome..." Rii called out, his words dying on the wind. He turned his head to look at her. "What would you do if something strange happened to you?"

Kagome almost laughed at the question. As if her life couldn't get any more stranger.

'Not with this little bundle of joy in my arms,' she thought sarcastically.

"That's kinda' hard to answer Rii," she responded. "My life is as hectic as it can get, just try me." Kagome curled her fist and pressed it against her side. What more was he going to ask, if she believed in fairies too?

"That is wonderful then," Rii suddenly shouted with glee. He turned around and clasped his hands together, a wide smile spreading across his face. He came closer towards her, his hands still clasped and his eyes shining with mischievous merriment.

"In that case, you wouldn't mind," he trailed on, getting closer and closer.

Kagome immediately heard the siren bells ringing. Something wasn't right. The way he was looking at her, smiling at her...what did he mean that she wouldn't mind? She edged herself away from him, trying to get as far from him as possible without him noticing.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said hesitantly, trace amounts of fear leaking into her voice. She clutched Sesshoumaru even tighter, more so that she thought she would eventually crush him.

Rii was face to face with her, his tall form towering over her. His ebony locks cascaded over his shoulders, sending long lengths of black hair to tickle her face. His vermilion eyes shone with a fierce animosity, foretelling an impending doom. His trademark smirk replaced his smile and he leaned in, his breath hot upon her cheek.

"W-what?" Kagome stammered, trying to gain her bearings. Sesshoumaru glared heatedly at Rii. He was a little too close for comfort in his standards and this aspect did not suit well for Sesshoumaru.

Then, he watched as Rii's slender hand came forth, his index fingers extending to prod at the girl's forehead.

"Sleep," he whispered. And then everything went dark.

Whoo...End of 8th chappeh...there shall be more...more I say. Bwa ha ha ha o.o;

Please leave a review and I hope u enjoyed le chappeh!!
Sign up to rate and review this story