Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Sable and ivory

The beginning of the end

by Marilena 3 reviews

Yuffie didn't know that playing with fire can get you burnt. Especially if the fire is Vincent... VincentYuffie

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Vincent Valentine, Yuffie Kisaragi - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-05 - 890 words

2Exciting
SABLE AND IVORY

By: Marilena


Disclaimer: Final Fantasy VII belongs to Square Enix.


Chapter 1

The beginning of the end


He was somewhere behind her and she knew. Bringing her fast walk to a halt, she stood perfectly still, trying to hear the slightest indication that he was near. There were no audible footsteps from the cold corridor behind her, nor could she detect the soft rustling of his cloak.

That was him. There was no way she'd detect his presence if he didn't want her to.

She sighed in frustration; perhaps she had gone too far.

"Next time I'd better keep my big mouth shut- Vincent!" She let out a startled yelp, before backing away a little. She didn't like the way the soft light from the lamb above their heads made illuminated his form. It made him look like a lithe, mysterious shadow.

His tall figure had been almost right behind her, his hand and claw lightly folded in front of him. 'Why does he have to be so tall?'

"Surprised to see me?" he asked with a glimpse of irony tainting his usual dark, impassive tone.

"I- ...I, well yeah! Why did you have to sneak upon me?" she mumbled.

A dark brow lifted, as his faintly crimson eyes looked at her intently. She began to shift her weight from one leg to the other, tense under the scrutinizing gaze.

"You look uncomfortable," he muttered slowly, taking a step towards her. The corners of his mouth started to lift when he noticed her become even more nervous. "You needn't be."

Yuffie shut her eyes momentarily. His voice always disorganized her, to say the least.

"Listen, Vincent, I'm sorry if I have, y'know, caused you trouble these last few months..."

He took the final step and closed the distance between them.

Leaning over her easily due to their height difference, he whispered to her ear so intently that she couldn't help the shiver that rose from her last spondyl to the back of her neck.

"Didn't I warn you..." he continued, letting his lips almost touch the soft skin where her cheek connected to the ear he was whispering at. She swallowed. "...about playing with fire?" Her head jerked up and she had only a moment's time to finally comprehend the look in his eyes, before the fire he had been talking about came crushing at her. His lips fell on hers forcefully and demandingly, swaying her off balance, but soon the kiss softened and she placed her hands around his neck. Strands of long silken hair caught amongst her fingers.

She lost herself then.

Her entire world was swirling but all she could feel was the intoxicating sensation of his warm lips and the goose bumps from the cold texture of the wall as she pushed her back against it. She pulled him closer and he let his mouth travel down to her neck.

There was no turning back now. They were already doomed.

How did they come to this?

-------------------------------------------------------

3 months, 22 days, 9 hours and 41 minutes earlier...

Riiiiiing...

Cloud sighed in the wind as he tried to ignore the ringing. When would they leave him alone? Couldn't he even take a peaceful ride with his motorcycle anymore? Away from the city, the people. Away from himself for a while.

'Sephiroth was right when he said he'd never be a memory. He'll always be in every one of us. He always has been...'

Riiiiiiiiiiiiing...

He swore inwardly and flipped the phone open, expecting to hear Barret's heavy voice or Cid's cursing.

Instead he was met by a low, smooth voice that could only belong to one person.

'So, Vincent finally got a phone!'

"I have a message from Yuffie: Get over to Barret's," the man on the other line said nonchalantly.

'Message from Yuffie again? That girl has the patience of a five-year-old,' Cloud thought tiredly.

"I'm on my way now," he said loudly, while he took a left turn.

There was a small pause before Vincent replied.

"And give Yuffie this message from me: This is my phone... She has no right to call it."

Cloud was not so startled by that request. Vincent and Yuffie were the exact opposites; everybody knew they'd never get along. Not until Vincent decided to completely let go of his past or Yuffie managed somehow to grow up.

However, the thought of Vincent asking him to give a message to Yuffie, starting with 'this is my phone', was amusing.

"Hm! I'll let her know!"

He hung up and continued his ride. It's not as if Vincent was going to reply.

He tried to imagine Yuffie's face when he told her of Vincent's message and the words that would follow. Something told him that they would include 'damn serious vampire' and 'teach him a lesson'.

He couldn't help the grin that formed in his lips. They all misunderstood Vincent. Cloud was sure the tall man wanted to live again and, as soon as he got the right tender, Yuffie would be very surprised.

The dark form and restrained manners of his friend popped to his head, along with one of the rare smirks he hid under his cloak.

Cloud only hoped she'd understand before she provoked Vincent too much.

Yuffie... understand? Highly improbable.

'Oh, very surprised indeed...' His grin broke to a full smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story