Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Show Me What You Got

Pete Wentz... what a prick.

by SongbirdFlyAway 3 reviews

A new story by me. I'll write a summery after a few more chapters. I like mystery. Please read.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-06 - 961 words

3Exciting
It felt so great to drive again. I havn't driven in almost 5 years. I guess when you're in a coma for 4 years it really restricts you from doing anything but lying there. I was finally out, I was finally awake.

My name is Rachel and I was put in the coma by 4 bullets in my back. I didn't die, but it wasn't very likely that I was going to wake up out of the coma I was in any time soon. And I didn't. Four years. Four years to me, only felt like an hour. For my parents, my friends, my family... to them it felt like decades.
Now, after a few months in rehab relearning how to walk and use my limbs and regain strength, I was driving now.

Driving to my parent's house. I had obviously lost my apartment, but 9 months without paying rent would do that to anybody. I didn't care. I was smiling. I was happy to be alive. I pulled into a coffee shop by where my old apartment was that I loved. I was done taking things for granted, little things like your favorite coffee shop. I was so happy to taste that coffee again, to smell the distinct smell of the shop as I opened the door. Hell, I might even treat myself to a piece of chocolate chocolate cake to go with it.

It wasn't like how you would expect showing up at old places after being in a coma for years, like the movies would describe. The whole place did not turn and stare at me and all get up and start hugging me because it had been too long. I didn't recognize anyone anymore, and they didn't recognize me. I was new and had to start all over.
I smiled as I realized this because this was my chance to change. I felt it. I was going to be the person who 4 years ago, I couldn't be. I was going to forget my past and the people in it and finally change.

I got my order to go and skipped out the door and to my car. Freak? Well, possibly, but I didn't give a shit. I was fucking alive!!! I was home!! I was drinking coffee and chocolate chocolate cake!! I WAS DRIVING!!
I was about to listen to my favo--
Fuck!! My cds aren't in here!

I checked around the car before remembering that my family cleared out my car. Oh well, radio time.

This was so exciting. New music, new buildings around me, and a two hour drive to my parent's house where I get to marvel at the beauty of the world and how lucky I was to be in it.

Hello Chicago... it's a beautiful spring day. 85 degrees.

I talked back to the DJ "Yes it is beautiful! WOOOO!!" Okay, yelling out my window on this 85 degree day was definitely something that I needed to do.

The DJ went on...
Welcome back to the Artist Hit Hour in which we play all the hits from your favorite artists, back to back to back to back. Right now is Fall Out Boy hour and you just heard their latest 'This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arm's Race', now let's take it back with some hits off their previous album, From Under the Cork Tree. Right now we have 'Sugar We're Goin Down' and after that put your dancing shoes on and 'Dance Dance' with Fall Out Boy. Here we go! 'Sugar We're Goin Down'...

The song started. I liked it. I liked it a lot. There was something familiar about it.
The lyrics played over and over in my brain.

Am I more than you bargained for yet
I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear
Cause that's just who I am this week
Lie in the grass, next to the mausoleum
I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song


I knew these lyrics. I knew those words. I knew what was coming next. But I knew I had never heard this song before. It was driving me crazy...
I was even anticipating the lyrics to the next verse...

Is this more than you bargained for yet
Oh don't mind me I'm watching you two from the closet wishing to be the friction in your jeans
Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be her.


The part came on... dying to be him? That didn't make sense.

By the time the chorus repeated it hit me. These were my lyrics. These were
my words. I wrote this.
I pulled over in a lot of a mini mall to think. This was weird. I searched my memory...

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And Sugar, we're going down swinging
I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it


Oh my god! I remembered. I was sitting there with my ex-boyfriend, showing him my lyrics. Not just this song, many, many other songs. He loved them. We played guitar and played around with melodies to them. It was all in good fun, nothing serious. This was one of them. This was my song. How did this band Fallen Boy, was that the name of it? How did Fallen Boy get my song lyrics?
I thought of my ex-boyfriend, who I had shown the lyrics to. I remember we only dated for a few months, and it was only a month or two before my accident that we broke up. It ended badly.
I laughed to myself as I remembered his name. Pete Wentz... ha! What a prick.

_________________________________________________________________________

NEW STORY BY ME! please review... i would love that ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story