Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > CSI: Across the Pond

Chapter 10

by horsie890 3 reviews

w00t

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 990 words

0Unrated
"He's probably the one you're looking for," Mikey added upon seeing the confused look on the man's face. Gerard nodded in agreement. He couldn't help but notice the man's strange hairstyle. It was long on the left side of his face, but short everywhere else.
"My name's Davey. Matt said I was supposed to meet you and someone named Frank..."
"Frank's busy," Gerard said curtly. He was still a little upset about it. Davey nodded and motioned for them both to follow him.
"Don't worry too much, G," Mikey said, placing an arm around his shoulders. "The Way brothers are together again! In the land of our forefathers no less," he added in a stereotypical Scottish accent. Gerard laughed halfheartedly. Frank's accent was funnier.
They followed Davey to his car. They sat in the backseat, and Mikey fell asleep after about thirty seconds. Gerard wasn't too surprised, since it was the middle of the night. Yet another brilliant idea of Matt's. He remained silent for several minutes, for once unable to think of something to say.
"So...you're a friend of Matt's?" he asked tentatively. He felt stupid the second the words left his mouth. Small talk was useless to him. Davey nodded.
"I've known him for years. He does his job well," he said in a low voice.
'At what cost?' Gerard thought to himself. He didn't actually feel like talking at that moment, though he did have a few questions for Mikey. His brother mumbled something in his sleep. It sounded like he wanted sushi.
"One of the investigators at Matt's lab said you guys have won Team of the Year more than once, am I right?" Davey nodded.
"From 2002 to 2005. We haven't heard anything about last year yet, though." Gerard suddenly grew nervous. Should he say anything?
He smirked to himself. Mikey would.
"Guilty as charged. My team won for last year," he said with a small smile. Davey congratulated him, and the rest of the drive was silent.
-
"Mikey, we're here," Gerard said softly, tapping his brother on the shoulder.
"...five more minutes..." his brother said sluggishly. The senior investigator smirked. He knew how to solve this problem.
"Sushi."
"Where?!" Mikey said suddenly. He was instantly awake. His brother laughed.
"Glad you're awake. Let's go." Mikey reluctantly got out of the car and stretched. He started to follow Davey to the lab, but soon found himself face to face with his brother. And his brother was not about to let him go anywhere.
"Why are you really here, Mikey?"
"I already told you. I'm here to help you." Gerard shook his head.
"I know you better than that. What's the real reason?" Mikey looked sad for a second, then suddenly hugged him.
"I needed my big brother," he said in a quavering voice. Gerard instantly knew what he meant.
"It's okay, Mike. I miss her too." Mikey pulled away from him, tears glistening in his eyes.
"Don't worry that you weren't at the funeral. I taped it for you." Gerard smiled and hugged him back.
"Thanks, Mikey. I don't know what I'd do without you."
-
"Hi, I'm Jade. I'm officially trained as an A/V analyst, but in reality I just do whatever needs to be done around here."
"Thanks, Jade. You make us sound so professional," Davey said sarcastically. Gerard smiled. Jade had a weird hairstyle, too. No wonder they were friends.
"Don't worry; we're much worse," said the senior investigator.
"There are two more of us who work the day shift, Hunter and Adam. This is a pretty big case, though, so they'll probably show up later," said Davey. Gerard's eyes widened considerably.
"Wait...there's only four of you?" he asked in shock. Davey nodded with a slight frown. He was confused.
"Is that a problem?" Gerard ran a hand through his hair.
"No...but Matt was giving us a hard time for only having five people work our city's crime lab. He must have something against me."
"Matt hates the world. I'm pretty sure he's only got two friends: Davey and Dominic," said Jade.
"Maybe if he tried to respect people a little more, he wouldn't have that problem," Gerard said through gritted teeth. He explained what had happened at the bank, as well as every other insult the British man had thrown at him. Even Davey was surprised.
"I've known Matt to be harsh, but that sounds extreme, even for him." Gerard looked away.
"I had to miss my grandmother's funeral because of him," he said sadly, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. "He made me work on these completely meaningless cases just to prove he had control over me. And there was no way I could leave." Jade sympathized with him. He had been the subject of Matt's torturous ways more than once. He knew what it was like. Sometimes the man seemed to lack emotions.
"I'm going to make a food run if anyone's hungry," he said, glancing between Gerard and Mikey. Gerard shook his head.
"If I don't eat something soon, I think I'll collapse," said Mikey. "I don't think I've eaten for at least nine hours." His older brother smirked. Mikey wasn't as accustomed to international travel.
"You'll probably have to come with me," Jade said, suddenly seeming uncomfortable. Mikey shrugged and followed him out the door. Gerard was about to ask Davey what Jade had meant, but he anticipated the question.
"We're strict vegans." The senior investigator nodded in understanding. That made sense. Davey was impressed when he mentioned he already had the criminal's entire file on his computer. Both of them set to work analyzing the small pieces of evidence in the other binder.
"I can't believe Matt...I think you're right, he must not like you," Davey said as he looked over the binder. "For him to go out of his way not to use a computer for something is impressive."
Sign up to rate and review this story