Categories > Anime/Manga > Rurouni Kenshin > Rurouni Kenshin and the Lord of the Rings

Ch. 27: Mists of death

by John_the_visionary 0 reviews

Kenshin, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli arrive just in time--along with the army of the Dwimorberg mountain to rout out the Orcs in Minas Tirith and Kyoto...

Category: Rurouni Kenshin - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Aoshi, Hiko, Katsu, Kenshin, Megumi, Misao, Saitou, Sanosuke, Soujiro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 5040 words

1Exciting



A/n: Hello my fans, today is Veterans' Day, and I posted two chapters for this occasion. I believe that Veterans' Day is a great day to honor all veteran soldiers who fought great wars. My father was once a veteran, as he was in the marines.

Anyhow, I'm doing the best I can to get my story edited and ready for posting. I certainly know how Peter Jackson felt as he worked endless hours in order to get Return of the King ready for release on time. Well, enjoy everybody.










Chapter 27: Mists of Death, the Dead engulf Minas Tirith and Kyoto









The remaining forces of Rohan, along with Hajime Saito and Sanosuke Sagara, lasted themselves against the trampling might of the Haradrim and the Oliphaunts over Pelennor Fields. However, due to the fall of their king by the hands of the Witch-king's Fell beast, the soldiers began to think that they were about to suffer defeat, until...





A green, ghostly fog swept upon Pelennor Fields, afflicting every Harad, Oliphaunt, and Orc that it came across. It seemed to the men... that walking corpses, armed with swords and spears, were within the fog. Saito smirked as Sanosuke flinched at the sight of the ghost-like fighters that have unexpectedly arrived.



"Sano!" called a voice that Sanosuke recognized. The street fighter turned his head...





And saw a red haired man with a cross-shaped scar on his left cheek, using a strange sword, to charge into battle. He was accompanied by a man with dark, straggly hair, fighting with a sword with Elven runes carved into it, an Elf archer with blond hair, and a Dwarf, with an axe, fighting the Orcs and Southrons on the ground, alongside the ghost soldiers.



"Kenshin! Aragorn!" Sanosuke cried out brightly, "alright! You guys all made it back!"



The strangers were indeed Sanosuke's old friends, Kenshin Himura, Aragorn, son of Arathorn, Gimli, son of Gloin and Legolas of the Woodland Realm. And the Undead soldiers that they brought, were none other than the Men of the Dwimorberg Mountain. They have at last appeared in Gondor, coming to its aid to fulfill their broken oath.



Legolas continued shooting arrows at the Orcs as he called out, "15! 16...!"

"17...!" Gimli cried out, hacking each Orc.



Aragorn wielded his Elven engraved sword, Andúril very deadly, parrying each weapon, and kicking down every Orc in his corner of the battlefield. The blade easily sliced and stabbed into the enemy fighters, as it did, when it was Narsil, wielded by Elendil and Isildur.

Kenshin used both his sword and sheath to beat down the Orcs, using his god-like speed of Hiten Mitsurugi. The cross-scarred wanderer twirled his sheath like Gandalf did his staff. Although different in fight styles, Gandalf and Kenshin's tactics when fighting the Orcs severed them well in this hard struggle.



One of the Orcs that Aragorn wounded was knocked in Gimli's direction.

"...29!" Gimli cried out, using his axe to finish him off.



Aragorn looked up suddenly, at Legolas' direction...



"Legolas!" he cried out to the Elf who turned to see where Aragorn was looking...







And saw one of the massive Oliphaunts charging towards him. Legolas took a deep breath... before charging himself to the Oliphaunt, gracefully jumped and grabbed the animals tusk. As the beast swung its mighty head, the Elf jumped from the tusk, to its front leg, climbing the many arrows that riddled it...







Kenshin then looked in Sanosuke's direction as he called to him, "Sano, look out!"



Another Oliphaunt snuck behind Sanosuke, while mounted on Hasufel. Sanosuke turned his head as the might Mûmak swung its tusks at Sanosuke. The street brawler from Japan narrowly avoided being stuck by the spikes as he grabbed hold of the tip of the tusks... and let himself be lifted from his horse. The great beast swung and swung its head and tried to scrape the man over the ground on one swipe. But Sanosuke held his grip on the tusks, not willing to let go and be crushed...





As Legolas' Oliphaunt kept walking... he leapt from the front leg to its back leg, and clambered up the protruding arrows, as hand and foot holds, towards the creature's enormous back. The Elf pulled out his bow and began shooting the warriors in the tower...

"...33, 34!" Legolas counted the many Harad soldiers he shot...





Sanosuke was finally tossed from his Oliphaunt's tusks, when the great creature swung a very powerful swing, strong enough to send him flying towards the back...



But Sanosuke caught one of the edges of the spiked war towers. The Harad solders gasped in surprise to the persistence of the street fighter...



"I'm not done with you bozos just yet," growled Sanosuke.



One of the Southrons tried to throw his spear at Sanosuke, but he grabbed the spears and tossed him to the ground. Sanosuke then leapt into the war tower... and began punching and kicking the soldiers...



"...59! 60! 61!" Sanosuke called out his count...







The Harad on Legolas' Oliphaunt jumped from the war tower and faced him head on, using their spears. But the Elf countered each Harad, throwing them to the ground. He moved up the oliphaunts back a little more... and took hold of a rope to swing himself down to the Mûmak's side...





Sanosuke endured himself, knocking down the Southrons on his Oliphaunt, but he was taken by surprise when a Harad soldier knocked into him, making Sanosuke fall out of the tower... but quickly grabbed one of the spikes of the tower. The Harad that knocked over Sanosuke tried to use his pitchforked spear to stick his fingers, so he'd fall...



But Sanosuke grabbed the weapon, tossing him to the ground. The brave Sanosuke then spotted the strap that held the tower onto the Oliphaunt... and threw the Harad spear at the strap, ripping nearly half of it...



Legolas drew out his white knife, still hanging on the rope... and made a clean cut at the huge strap that held the war tower on his Oliphaunt...



Both war towers were beginning to stagger and slip from the Oliphaunts, startling the swarthy men and the Shaman drivers...



The strap upon Sanosuke's Oliphaunt ripped some more. Taking the opportunity, Sanosuke placed his feet on the side of the Oliphaunt, with both hands on the spike, preparing to heave the great frame off the creature...



"THIS ONE'S FOR THÉODEN!!!" Sanosuke roared out, using all his strength, making the strap rip some more, "AAAAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHH...!!!!"

Then...



The strap broke, and the platform began to topple, speeded up by Sanosuke's great strength, giving his all... to throw the war tower to the ground...





Legolas was not so brutal as Sanosuke, as he let his tower topple freely down the other side of his Oliphaunt, holding onto the rope, casually walking up the beast's side...



Until he was on top of the Oliphaunt's back and released the rope from there, letting the tower crash onto the ground...



Once the hand-fisted and bow worthy fighters were on top of their Oliphaunts, they went to stand on the creature's heads...



Sanosuke clenched his fist, readying for an attack, while Legolas drew three arrows to fire...





"FUTAE NO KIWAMI!!!!" Sanosuke roared out enthusiastically, as he used both his right and left hand... to crush the Mûmak's skull...





Legolas shot his arrows into the base of his creature's skull...



Both beasts of Harad began swooning and stumble with their front legs buckling as they were almost side by side...



Legolas climbed its head... and gracefully slid down the dying creature's trunk, while Sanosuke tumbled himself down his creature's trunk...



As they both landed with their feet, onto the ground, nearly side by side with one another, surprisingly in front of Gimli and Saito upon Eothor.



Legolas turned to his side at Sanosuke, and at the Mûmakil that he brought down.

"That's very good, Sanosuke," complemented Legolas.

"You're not so bad yourself, Elf man," Sanosuke said his complements, as he looked upon Legolas and the Oliphaunt behind him that he brought down.



Legolas gave a very flattering expression to the street fighter for his nickname for him.





"...That still only counts as one!" grumbled Gimli, his expression disgruntled.

"And you're still a moron," chided Saito lightly at Sanosuke.

"SHUT UP, WILLOW HEAD!" growled Sanosuke at Saito, who smirked in return, not caring much.

"All right, then, come on!" Gimli hacked more Orcs, while Saito proceeded to slash the Orcs with his Gatotsu.











Yamagata, the Red Samurai, Glorfindel and Kawaji were still outmatched with the strength of the Oliphaunts. The relentless control of the Harad Shamans upon the massive beasts was able to beat down the defenders, as if they were nothing more than little puny bugs that needed to be squashed. This desire drove the Mûmakil at their worst, slaughtering and impaling with their tusks, the many hundreds of the Imperial Army and Samurai that were in their path.



"Use your ropes!" the Red Samurai, yelled, "go for the legs!"



Upon hearing the order, some of the Samurai Horsemen, in a desperate move, gathered what rope they brought with them, tied to a grappling hook, and started twirling it furiously as they charged their steeds to the Oliphaunts. Two horsemen threw their ropes, grasping the front legs of one of the Oliphaunts...



But the beast's strength was too much for them to overcome, as the Mûmak pulled the two horsemen from their steeds, throwing them to the ground.





Another horseman, twirling his line, approached another Oliphaunt from behind... and threw it at the beast's hind leg, gripping it tightly around the spikes. The rider then began to ride around the Oliphaunt, sweeping its front legs, catching the beast in its tracks...



The Samurai, with swift, hasty speed... made a few more passes around the beast, in order for his rope to have a tight hold on the legs, successfully avoiding the swipes of the Oliphaunt's head. When his line was out... he released it, as the Oliphaunt tried to break free...



The Shaman driver became confounded to know that his beast could not move... then the beast began to fall forward, and landed with a hard thud to the ground, that was able to toss the Shaman away from the Oliphaunt.







The Elves then began to aim their arrows at the heads of the Oliphaunts, making them rear on their hind legs, allowing more riders with rope, to tie the legs of the beasts, bringing them down easily. Some of the Samurai riders threw their ropes at the tusks of the rearing Oliphaunts, then, with all their strength, pulled their ropes laboriously... in order to flip the beasts on their back, throwing the Haradrim from the towers.



"FIRE!" Yamagata ordered, as a line of the Imperial Army began shooting their rifles at the Oliphaunts' heads, making them bellow in agony to the wounds they received, as well as the fierce loud sound of the guns.



The Samurai were also shooting arrows at the Oliphaunts, many of which were lit with fire, that made the beasts scared and confused, as they turned and shook wildly in its standing. The tremendous amount of shaking confounded the shamans, grimacing in anger. With some effort... the Oliphaunt stumbled upon its hind leg, and tripped itself to the ground, deliberately breaking the leg.



But despite how the Samurai were faring against the Haradrim, their war beasts were able to overcome most of the defenders, tearing apart the ranks of horsemen. As more riders were swept into the air...



Some of them crashed next to the Red Samurai and his horse, causing them to be knocked down. The Red Samurai, rolled over the ground away from his steed, then stood up, with sword drawn. Suddenly... Orcs began to rush towards him, and the Samurai quickly engaged them in battle.

Many other Samurai were knocked from their horses, taking the battle to the Orcs upon the ground. The Samurai fighters roared out, as they dealt swift blows to the Orcs, and occasionally using the Orcs as shields against more of the enemy fighters.



The Red Samurai, while dealing with a crowd of Orcs, grabbed one of his enemies by the hand, using him and his blade to counter the other Orcs' weapons. The fighter was able to twist the Orc's hand, forcing him to let go of his weapon, and stabbed the creature with it. With two blades, the Red Samurai made swift slices at the Orcs, blocking and parrying, and dodging the swipes the Orcs made at him.

The Red Samurai ended up cutting off the Orc's hands and legs, and stabbed two Orcs, on either side of him simultaneously with both blades. The Orcs, in the end, proved no match for the Red-armored warrior, as he made fell the last Orc with a down stroke of his right-arm... then froze in a kneeling position. The Samurai fighter began concentrating a moment... as if there was something amiss... something--out of place...





Then he turned around to see an Orc with only one eye, his face severely scratched on one side of his face. It was the Orc leader Dothmákh, snarling with much malice and hatred toward the Red-Armored warrior for his defiance. The Red Samurai, with a firm look in his eyes... roared with a shout as he and Dothmákh charged at each other with blades raised...





CLANG!



The first strike of opposing blades began the battle.









Back at Pelennor Fields... Aragorn pressed onto the battle as he went to the King of the Dead and ordered, "take half of your army and swarm Minas Tirith. Gandalf will be able to send your group into Kenshin's world."



The Dead king then followed Aragorn's wishes and took part of his men to swarm Minas Tirith, killing every Orc, Warg, Troll, and Easterling within sight. Their attack was swift within the streets, the buildings... and within every corner of the White City. And it was it that time...







BAMM!



That the Olog troll broke down the final gate to the citadel, letting the Orcs through, until...





The Dead army of Dunharrow began to kill the legions, providing a feeling of great relief knowing that they have been saved at long last. Gandalf, Aoshi, and Pippin were also relieved that help came at the last possible moment.



The King of the Dead then went up to the staff-less white wizard and said, "we need to go to the other world."

"Just a moment," said Gandalf, "Radagast..."









Radagast and Sojiro endured against the Oliphaunts that they came across. The valiant pair dodged every swing and stomp of the great beasts of the Southrons. Sojiro then grabbed one of the Easterlings' long polearms as they were heading under an Oliphaunt.



Sojiro then stood up, balancing himself on the horses' back...



And swiped the polearm over the Oliphaunt's belly, cutting the straps, as well as the belly. The creature bellowed in pain from the wound Sojiro gave it... and the War tower slipped to the side... and crashed onto the street floor. The Oliphaunt swooned as it took a few steps away from the downed War tower... and fell to the ground, dying from its injuries.

Suddenly...



"Radagast..."
a voice came to the brown wizard's head...



"Gandalf," replied Radagast, with his thoughts...

"I have some news," said Gandalf, "the army of the dead came to Minas Tirith, and are awaiting to enter Kenshin's world. But unfortunately, I don't have my staff with me. It was broken when I did battle against the Witch-King. Do you have your staff with you?"

"Yes," answered Radagast.

"Good. Open the portal now..."









The Red Samurai and Dothmákh exchanged swift overhead blocks and parries with their swords. The opponents twirled their bodies next, letting their blades swing and twirl fiercely in their hands. The battle continued as the Orc and Samurai mingled within the fighting that was all around them, becoming as violent as the other fighting that occurred on the field.



Dothmákh grabbed the Red Samurai's hand, twisting it to his back, as the Orc raised his sword to deliver a blow... but the Red Samurai quickly used his free hand with the sword in it to block Dothmákh's attack. Then the Red Samurai swiftly gave a head-butt to his Orc adversary, knocking him away. Their bout pressed on as they began to tread over the bodies of the slain, consisting of Man, Orc, Troll, and Warg, surrounded by spears and torn banners that were stuck into the ground.



Their blades continued to connect, one swing after another, as they began to accidentally cut the banners, and slicing into the corpses of the Wargs. The Red Samurai ducked and turned when Dothmákh tried to make a swing at his head. Then the Samurai brought down his weapon, slicing into the Orc's arm. Feeling the pain, Dothmákh held onto his injured arm... then growled menacingly, intending to kill the Red Samurai with all his hate.



In a rage, Dothmákh stroke his sword vengefully, with each attack countered by the Red Samurai. Then in a moment, Dothmákh managed to dive to the ground... and gave a small cut to the Red Samurai in the leg. The Samurai winced a little from the scratch he received, but didn't let it affect him in the slightest. Dothmákh and the Red Samurai engaged once more in a swift flurry of swordplay...



Suddenly, they began to twirl their blades around furiously, swinging them in front and behind them, waiting for a moment to strike...





CLANG!



The opposing weapons clashed together simultaneously. Dothmákh and the Red Samurai snarled at each other, their malice matching that of their sharp, crafty weapons. For long moments, the shiny and ugly-looking blades were locked together in a contest of strength and will.

Then...





The Red Samurai used his sword and its momentum to pluck and throw the Orc's weapon out of his grasp in a swerving motion. The warrior then kicked the Orc down, crashing into a Warg. The Red Samurai poised his blade in a stabbing position... but Dothmákh picked up another sword nearby, and used it to bat away the Red Samurai's strike. The Orc set his face up close to the Red Samurai, and snarled once more, with the Red Samurai responding in kind.



"Die scum!" hissed Dothmákh.

"You first," replied the Red Samurai, with firm resolve...











Hiko, Okina, Megumi, Rumil, and the rest were still cornered by the Orcs, as many were injured in this long struggle. Two of the Ringwraiths watched overhead at the defenders as they had given the order for their deaths. The children, Ayame and Suzume were frightened, even though they had enough strength to face the enemy, to witness their own end. Megumi held them close to her, as she also was able to face the enemy to the last.

Omasu, Ochika, Elladan, and the others held their ground, with weapons raised. Even though they were cornered by many... they wouldn't go down without a fight.

"Heh, heh, heh," one of the Orcs cackled viciously, "there's no place left for you to go, its over for you... so say good night..."





"I wouldn't say its over yet!" a loud cry came out of nowhere...





"Look!" Omasu said, pointing outwards.

Hiko and the others, looked ahead as the Orcs turned behind themselves...





And saw Radagast and Sojiro mounted upon a horse, apparently alone. The Orcs and the Wraiths overhead hissed at the arrival of the Brown wizard with his squire riding behind him. Megumi, Okina, and the children felt relieved, seeing Radagast and Sojiro alive after splitting up with them.

"As someone once told me," said Radagast proudly, "those who believe in their friends would win. So the way I see it, it is far from over, for your intended victims are still alive with their faith... and it has served them well indeed..."





Suddenly... a green specter appeared, armed with a sword and spear... followed by a second... a third...





Then a whole mass of ghosts appeared, looking like old warriors. It was the army of the dead from the Dwimorberg Mountain, which has now come to aid Kyoto, as well as Japan, against Sauron. Hiko, with a smirk, Okina, Chou, Henya, Omasu, Katsu... and all the others brightened greatly... to know that help had finally arrived...





"CHARGE!" Radagast yelled his command...





And the ghosts began to rush swiftly like shadows towards the armies of Mordor. Radagast and Sojiro started to charge fiercely on their horse, joining with the ghostly mass that they brought with them. It was certainly no contest for the Orcs anymore as they could only stagger in their stance... and let themselves be overtaken by the ghosts. Master Hiko, Okina, Rumil, Orophin and the others then went back into battle, joining the dead army against the forces of Mordor...









Dothmákh proved to be the fiercest opponent that the Red Samurai had ever faced in this battle. The Orc was found to be exceptionally skilled in swordplay, despite the handicap with his eye. Exchanging more overhead swings, the adversaries stumbled upon a downed, dead Oliphaunt, lying on its side. Dothmákh leapt up on the Oliphaunt's leg, with the Red Samurai following suit. Minding the many arrows that were lodged into the beast, the battling pair blocked, parried, and ducked at every attack they threw at each other, while treading upon the corpse of the Mûmak.



Next, they stumbled onto the War tower and its fittings around the beast as Dothmákh slashed downwards at the Samurai... which the Red Samurai quickly avoided. Dothmákh and the Red Samurai clashed their blades again, as they plunged their swords into the tower platform. The Red Samurai then used the back of his hand to slap the Orc in the face. The Samurai pulled his blade out of the edge of the platform to deliver a down slashing blow...



But Dothmákh managed to grab the Red Samurai's hands, and they wrestled together with all their strength... until they both tripped, and rolled over the Oliphaunt's head... crashing onto the ground. The Orc and Samurai foes picked themselves from off the ground, resuming in their swift, yet deadly swordplay.



The Red Samurai ducked his head and rolled over a dead Warg. Dothmákh stepped over the Warg as he jumped pointing his blade in a stabbing position... but the Red Samurai moved to one side, and kicked the Orc in the hip. The Red Samurai then stood and did a head-butt upon the Orc's scarred part of the face, to which Dothmákh retaliated with a swift punch to the Samurai's stomach. Dothmákh continued to slash at the Red Samurai, who was dodging each blow, sidestepping to either side. The Orc became angry, seeing as the Samurai was only dodging and not fighting back now.



Suddenly... the Red Samurai twirled, and sliced the Orc's other arm. Dothmákh growled, swinging at the Red Samurai, exchanging blocks and parries once more. In a brief moment... Dothmákh pounded his head at the Red Samurai, knocking him silly, allowing the Orc to bat away the Samurai's sword... then kicked him down...





The Red Samurai felt a little dizzy as he looked at his adversary, who was now grinning with pleasure, to know that he had the upper hand. However... the Red Samurai's eyes felt no fear, looking up at Dothmákh...





Feeling that he was going to claim victory... Dothmákh grabbed a spear... in which he raised over his head, while roaring fiercely...





Then the Red Samurai drew a smaller sword-like dagger called a wakizashi from his belt, plunging it into the Orc's belly. Gasping for air... Dothmákh dropped the spear, while the Red Samurai stood himself up, keeping the wakizashi stuck into the Orc. Dothmákh and the Red Samurai were now at eye-level with one another, looking into the other's eyes. The Orc's eyes with hatred... the Man's eyes, with sorrow and regret...



"You're finished... scum," panted Dothmákh... as the Red Samurai pulled out his blade, twirling around...





SWING!



And make a swipe at the Orc across the head... then the Orc's head fell off, and the headless body of Dothmákh collapsed to the ground.











In the city, Megumi and the children went to try and hide from the chaos... but were cornered by the Ringwraiths on the Fell beasts. Megumi suddenly reminded herself that the fiends would possibly try to go after the children, on the belief that either one of them had the One Ring.



Suddenly, Ochika and Omasu came in front of them... and swiftly sliced off the heads of the winged monsters. The creatures fell dead, flailing their wings and claws. The wraiths then stood quickly and countered the women's attacks with their steel-gauntlet hands, snatching the weapons from their hands and threw them aside.

The black riders then grabbed Omasu and Ochika by the neck, and proceeded to choke them to death...





"Let them go, you mean men!" cried out the children, who immediately grabbed the legendary elvish weapons.

Ayame struggled with the spear Aiglos within her arms, straining to hold it upright, as Suzume held Hadhafang in her hands, pointing it at the wraiths.



"Run children!" yelled Megumi, "you can't hope to stand against them!"

"P... put them down!" exclaimed a stuttering, yet defiant Ayame, " ...o-or we're going to h-hu-- hurt you!"

"We're gonna hurt you," added a frightened Suzume, still holding firmly onto Hadhafang.



The wraiths screeched as they went toward the children, with swords raised. The children's fears were still with them as they saw the Nazgûls approach...





"Ayame, Suzume, run for your lives!" cried out Megumi, fearing for the children, who still wish to face the ghostly enemy.

The Nazgûl approached even closer to the unwitting, fearful, trembling children... as they lifted their swords to deliver the killing blow...





THWACK!





Suddenly, the Wraiths were kicked in the back... by Omasu and Ochika, knocking them towards the children...



The children's expressions quickly hardened and gritted their teeth, as they used one last vestige of spirit to keep their weapons raised at the wraiths... letting the sharp ends plunge into them, in the hoods. The Black Riders squealed in agony... as the force of the blow, blew away Ayame and Suzume with their weapons.

The children picked themselves off the ground... and saw their enemies wilt and wither before their very eyes, crumbling into nothing but dirty old rags. Even Megumi was surprised at what she saw, as she had believed that these creatures were deemed virtually immortal. Megumi was more surprised at Ayame and Suzume for the fearless, yet risky feat that they had performed... and at such a young age as they were...







Orcs began to flee before the fury of the undead Dwimorberg army. Some tried fruitlessly to counter the specter host from Middle-Earth... only to be killed in return. From the lowest street, to the highest rooftop, none of the soldiers of Mordor were a match for the ghost fighters. The undead soldiers had successfully chased the Orcs out of every building, temple, shrine, or palace, that the Orcs had cornered themselves into, even threw them out from windows, making the Orcs scream as they plunged to their deaths.



The rest of the dead army went through the streets of Kyoto, killing every Orc, Easterling, Wild man, Uruk, Warg, Oliphaunt, Troll, and Harad that flooded the street with their intimidating presence, surrounding the city in an impenetrable mist of death... from which there was no escape whatsoever. The defenders of the city, consisting of the Police, civilians, and Samurai, felt relieved that help had arrived, even if it was the undead. For they had been told of this revelation long before the battle began...











Meanwhile, on the outskirts of Kyoto, the Oliphaunts, though fewer in number, yet still outmatching the alliance of the Imperial Army, the Samurai and the Galadhrim, continued to plow into the defenders, smashing and tossing them into the air. The Red Samurai, while battling against other Orcs... unexpectedly noticed that some of the tossed, impaled were falling towards him...



CRASH!



The impact of the dead weight threw and pinned him to the ground, hard. This instantly made the Red Samurai inadvertently toss his sword away from him. The Red Samurai tried to push the soldiers off of him... but it seemed that they were too heavy for him to overcome. Each effort he made... seemed to be futile as he continued to struggle.

Then... two Orcs came and stood to gloat wickedly at the Red Samurai, with axes and swords ready to hack at him...





STAB!





But the Orcs ended up getting impaled by what seemed to be a ghostly blade that stuck from their chests. The armored Samurai became surprised, feeling that he was saved by a couple of ghosts. The ghosts went away afterwards. The Red Samurai then turned his head... and his eyes widened greatly with awe...







As he saw more of the ghost warriors spread across the field of battle, emerging from the city. Yamagata and Kawaji were greatly shocked as they saw their saviors doing away with the forces of Mordor. Glorfindel felt a great wave of relief settling upon him, knowing that Aragorn has succeeded in bringing the Oathbreakers to fulfill their pledge to Gondor, as well as to assist Japan against Mordor.

The Dead of the haunted mountain swarmed throughout the field, overtaking the beasts of Harad, as well as many of the Orcs, Uruk-hai, and Easterlings. The soldiers of the Imperial Army of Japan cheered triumphantly... seeing that the enemy was finally defeated, after such a long, hard and arduous battle.









As Yamagata gazed at the field, he said to himself, "we can finally rest... it is over."

Kawaji heard his companion a bit as he replied in a small voice, "yeah... but for how long though?"











Disclaimer: The Lord of the Rings and RK are not mine. They belong to their authors, respectively J.R.R. Tolkien and Watsuki Nobuhiro. This fanfiction is created just for fun, not for any commercial purposes.






Sign up to rate and review this story