Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > the pink freak speaks

04-08-07

by pinkkissypetefreak 4 reviews

Plagiarism is for dummies...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Horror, Humor, Parody - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 347 words

1Insightful
Plagiarize: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive verb : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
- pla·gia·riz·er noun


There are many people who are less than happy with the things going on here on ficwad the last few weeks. And it's NOT just the terrible connection problems. It is also NOT just a problem in the My Chemical Romance section of this site. Being the outspoken girl that I am, I have taken the time to give my opinion on it...

If someone isn't creative enough to come up with their own stuff (i.e. funny lines, witty /nicknames or names/, story titles, and in some cases a whole /plotline/.), then maybe they should just give up as a fanfiction writer. Or maybe just writing fiction in general. It's quite sad. I've been told that writers who have had their work stolen (face it, that's what it is) should be flattered. That's a load of crap. A writer who has had their ideas taken and written even in another way feels betrayed, and sometimes even loses their desire to create.

While it's true, in some cases, there are innocent similarities, there are even more that are not. Again, this is just my opinion and really counts for nothing. I'm not trying to be mean, or anything stupid like that. I just want to get the point across that everyone hurts on account of this. The writers and their readers. And if my opinion, or freedom of expression angers anyone in any way, then maybe, just maybe, you are the one who is responsible for the blatant theft of someone else's hard work. If that's the case, I'm so sorry you feel justified by your actions. And if anyone wants to talk (or flame) about anything I'm saying, feel free to contact me in my profile.

On a much, much lighter note, :) have a happy and safe spring break!
Sign up to rate and review this story