Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Who Knew It Would Happen Like This?

Chapter 4

by killmyending 2 reviews

.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 1125 words

0Unrated
"Ryan?" I whispered as quietly as I could because I heard rustling below us in the house and the sun was close to rising. Ryan had fallen asleep. He had his forehead pressed gently against my shoulder and his arms were wrapped around my arm. I liked how it felt when he was near me and I'm glad that now he knew I liked it too.

I stroked his cheek gently and murmered his name again. This time he stirred slightly and a few incoherent mumbles slipped from his lips. Finally he opened his eyes and squinted up at me, "What is it Brendon?" His voice was thick with sleep and it came out more like wha' isit Bendon? I couldn't control myself, a grin slid across my face and I couldn't help but to laugh. Ryan was adorable when he was half asleep. And I loved it.

"Your house is on fire." I said after forcing my badly hidden grin away. I thought I had the serious tone of voice down pat. It didn't fool Ryan though.

He was sitting up now and his eyes were no longer heavy lidded, they were narrowed and he was staring me down. Ryan was wide awake now, there was no doubt about that.

"Why are we still on my roof then Urie?" He said in a tone of voice that was so serious I was slightly afraid. Not of Ryan, just of that look that was plastered all over his face.

I must've had a stricken look on my face because his own face softened and he leant forward and kissed me gently on the side of the mouth. "I was joking." He murmered, pulling back with a small smile playing on his lips.

"So was I." I said, replacing that look I must've had with a smile. I wondered if being around Ryan made smiling just seem natural behaviour, because all I seemed to do when I was around Ryan was smile.

"But your parents are awake, I think." I continued, sliding down a few rooftiles and getting closer to the way back down to his bedroom.

"I don't want to go back inside yet Brendon. I mean, the sun's just coming up."

I gave him my best puppy dog look. Pleading eyes and pouting lips, that could win anyone. I wanted inside. And I wanted it now. The brat in me began to show itself. Hell, I wanted Ryan on the floor, in his room, breathing heavily, screaming my name. I want a lot of things. That was my teenaged hormones wanting.

"Don't waste the sunrise Urie." He said, shooting back an equally winning look. His facial expression won me without a doubt. I slid back up the roof to be next to him and stared out into the sunrise. It was still so early that the beginnings of the sun's rays were casting a light bluish hue over the city but I could see the start of an orange-pink tinge creeping into the sunrise. I had to admit it was lovely, and not something to be wasted.

We sat there together just watching that sunrise appear. It was peaceful. All that could be heard was the birds in the tree next to Ryan's house and his soft, almost silent breathing. Every now and then a car would pass. Further off in the near distance I could see some of the neon brilliance from the city beginning to dim. Either they were turning off some of those neon lights or the sun was brighter than any neon light could ever be.

Suddenly Ryan jumped when he heard a loud banging coming from his bedroom door. He started to slide quickly and efficiently down the trellis and back into his bedroom. He'd already slipped through his bedroom window before I even started climbing back down off the roof. I was tired and my actions were delayed, but I could only really blame myself. That's what you get for staying up all night, watching someone sleep. Not a bad way to spend a night, especially when you were watching Ryan Ross sleep.

I heard a yell come from the other side of Ryan's door. It sounded like his father wanted him to get out of bed.

"Okay, I'm up!" Ryan yelled back as I jumped back through his window. He turned to face me as I closed the window. "I almost swore at my father. How dead would I have been, do you think?"

"Too dead to have me do this to you." I said, walking over and kissing him softly on the cheek, then leaving quick gentle kisses down to his lips.

"Never too dead if you're a necrophiliac." Ryan mumbled into the kiss. He bit his lip and pulled away from me. "Brendon if you don't leave now, you're never going to get out that window."

"Ryan, don't tempt me." I wasn't joking either.

"Just go Urie." Ryan said as he nudged me towards his window. I reached for the latch and was about to climb out onto the outer ledge when I felt a tug on my hoodie. It was Ryan. "Forgot something," he said. He was biting his lip again. I swear one day he'll bite it so hard it bleeds. Or I will.

I bent down and placed a soft kiss on his lips. I went to pull away but Ryan grabbed me and pulled me in closer, to deepen the kiss. I wasn't going to protest but at this rate I'd never get home. But with Ryan probing my mouth with his tongue, I didn't know if I wanted to.

"Mmmhuhh.." I mumbled. "Ryan, I'm going now." I said backing away from him and further out the window. "I know I don't want to, but I am." I was now outside Ryan's window, standing on what little footing there was on the roof of his house.

"Seeya around Ryro." I gave a salute accompanied by a grin and then jumped down the side of his house and onto his front lawn.

I walked to back to my house, a few streets away. Funny thing was, I think I whistled the whole way home. I never whistle while I walk. Too hard to multi-task. But I was whistling this morning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N] This chapter is probably a little too short but it's sort of a filler for the next part and I didn't want to entirely fill it with garbage just to lengthen it. Sorry for the wait guys. I kind of felt like I owed you a new installment, so here it is. It's not chocolate-coated, but happy easter. I'm going to bed now. Being nocturnal isn't good for your health.
Sign up to rate and review this story