Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > Dreams of an Absolution

Prologue: Over and Over

by chaoscheebs 0 reviews

History has a funny way of repeating itself...

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Dr. Robotnik, Sonic, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 246 words

0Unrated
Dreams of an Absolution
By Chibi
Prologue: "Over and Over"

*

"Momma? Why does everyone hate my father?"

The flame hovered in midair as an inky darkness spilled onto the floor. The small group of scientists lay on the floor, unmoving except for the occasional groan from those still capable of it.

"He's done some bad things in his life, sweetheart, that's why."

"I know that flame... Iblis..." a white hedgehog said.

The darker hedgehog watched the dark puddle. "And that must be Mephiles in his original state."

"Bad things? Like what, momma?"

"I'll go after Mephiles," the darker hedgehog stated.

The white hedgehog nodded. "Then I'll go after Iblis," he said before leaving.

"He was angry, and hurt a lot of people because of that."

The darker hedgehog started to go, but a weak voice stopped him. "Please..." a rather large scientist asked. He weakly held a scepter in his hand. "S-seal it with this..."

The darker hedgehog took the scepter from him. "You can count on me."

"But don't worry, sweetheart..."

The large scientist let his hand drop as the darker hedgehog turned to go. "I beg of you... Make things right... and forgive an old fool..." The hedgehog looked over his shoulder, smiled faintly, and gave him a thumbs up before running off. The scientist relaxed, then mumbled, "Some things never completely change..."

"... I'll make things right again, I promise you."

*
End Prologue

Sonic et. al. are owned by Sega. I'm just borrowing them.
Sign up to rate and review this story