Categories > Original > Horror > S o u l l e s s T e a r i n g

S o u l l e s s T e a r i n g

by FlightlessArrow 0 reviews

...Blissful dreaming...

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 641 words

0Unrated
...Blissful dreaming...



I licked the last droplets off my lips, savoring every last bit of copper flavor, my fruit of life, blood. I couldn't help but chuckle at another victory, another victim punctured with holes created by my own fangs, ah, a work of beauty...a simple masterpiece. Distant footsteps alerted me of the danger I would quickly be in, and I fled, delicately picking my way through the bushes of the forest.

"Where is it!?" cried the searchers, crashing madly through the underbrush.
"Elusive as ever," replied one.
"Shut up!"
"Calm down!" piped a feminine voice, " Vampires aren't going to just pop up for us to stab, we need to be quiet and careful about what we are doing or we'll never capture one."
"Hush woman, you have no say in this."
"The young lady is right," coughed the eldest searcher, " Have you forgotten why we were sent on this mission in the first place?"

I pondered my predicament from the chill of my dark cavern, hunters were after me again, and I knew why. It wasn't so much that they were afraid of me, but more of the fact that they weren't afraid of me. They wanted me, no, needed me. I had heard from my parents while still a child that a mage had been born in the crappy little village north of the cavern in which I now reside. According to Ma and Pa, mages were supposed to be provided with a pet. Pet?! Ha! As if a proud vampire like I would ever stoop down to being the pet of a lowly peasant mage. Anyway, back to my predicament, I mean, what could I do about it anyway, hunters will be hunters and it would please me greatly to rip off their heads one by one.

"Quiet," hissed a hunter, "What was that?"
A bone-chilling scream ripped through the well-preserved silence. The small party headed in the direction of the cry only to find a headless woman dangling from a tree, fresh blood still dripping from the place where her head had been. A shadow passed above the heads of the search party and landed lightly on a tree branch just opposite of the dead corpse. All eyes turned to look.
"Good evening," it hissed, "looking for me aren't you?"
"Vampire..." a hunter choked out.
"Very good," replied the creature, "Here's a present for you."

I threw the bodiless head at the unsuspecting hunter who screamed and fainted, landing with a satisfying thump on the ground. Chaos then ensued as I threw my head back to laugh. A dart shot past my cheek, leaving a small cut, cutting off my laugh. I perked up instantly, eyeing the only sane person left standing stolidly in the party. I swooped down to grab another human and tore of its cranium, exposing the fleshy, pink apparatus beneath. Another dart shot past my head, luckily for me, it missed my ear by a fraction of an inch, maybe less, I wasn't quite sure. It wasn't until now that I realized why my parents despised hunter's darts so much... they contained sedatives that spread through your body on contact. My vision began to blur, I couldn't give up now, I couldn't back out. Damn my pride; reaching for the eldest of the group I did away with him just as quickly as the first. Having done away with the only female of the group earlier (now headless and left on a tree), the only remaning victim was my attacker. I launched myself at him, tearing away at his face with my claws. After what seemed like hours of continuous tearing, I realized he was dead.
"Seems like it's quiet now... you like it don't you?" I smirked. Looking down I noticed a dart, protruding from my shoulder.
"Damn, he got me."

Sign up to rate and review this story