Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

A Day He Won't Forget

by Zoey_was_here 3 reviews

Temari and Kankuro forget something important, something that only comes around once a year. Gaara, on the other hand, doesn't know what to think about it. What's the thing? You'll have to read to ...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gaara, Kankurou, Temari - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 1187 words

-1OOC
I do not own Naruto or any if its characters and stuff. I never will. Never.

**

Late at night on January 18th:

Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro are all outside their village. It's around 11:00 p.m. Temari and Kankuro are in a clearing, practicing. It might be dark out, but they can see from the moonlight. Why are they practicing? They really have no need to, but they do so anyway.

Gaara, however, is lying his back up against a tree watching his brother and sister practice in the middle of the night.

"What the hell are you guys practicing for? It's a waist of time," Gaara said sharply.

Neither of the two said a thing. They knew what happend if you answered a question like that from Gaara. But one of them, however, didn't care at that moment.

"It's because we feel like it. I don't see why you care in the first place," Kankuro said.

Kankuro looked at Gaara. Gaara looked back. His tiny pupils stared into Kankuro. Kankuro shivered. And he shook even more when Gaara started walking to him.

"Gaara, please stop!" Temari yelled.

She moved in front of Gaara and spread her arms out, trying to block his path.

"Get the hell out of my way, Temari," Gaara said.

Gaara pushed her left arm back far enough for her to move and wince at the pain. He went up to Kankuro and looked up at him straight in the eye. Kankuro looked back and stood still. They each could barely see each other's faces but their eyes were showing in the moonlight.

Damn it. If I show that I'm afraid who knows what he will do, Kankuro thought.

Gaara then took his fist and clenched it on Kankuro's shirt. He easily picked him up and held him in the air. Kankuro was sweating a little. He was getting nervous. Temari could run up and stop her younger brother, but she knew if she tried such a daring move that she would be putting her life in a bad position. All she did was watch from behind, holding her arm, and hope that Gaara didn't kill him.

Kankuro was shocked at how easily Gaara picked him up. Well, he knew that Gaara was already stronger than normal, but that was when he was using his chakra. Gaara was right now only using his own physical strength.

"Watch it. Your putting your life up for grabs," Gaara said.

Kankuro said nothing.

Gaara let him down an then walked away. He walked back to his spot and sat back down.

It was going to be a long night...

**

Early morning on January 19th:

It's around 7:00 a.m. Gaara is awake, the others are still sleeping. Gaara sits at the kitchen table. He looks around and then he notices a piece of paper on the fridge. He gets up to look at it...

**

Temari suddenly wakes up. She moans as she stretches out her arm.

He really messed up my arm. It hurts like hell, Temari thought.

She gets up and yawns, ready to start another day. Well, she wishes she wasn't here right now. She moves over to her mirror and looks at a paper with big bold red letters written on it:

GET SOMETHING FOR GAARA FOR HIS BIRTHDAY

She looks at it again and shrugs her shoulders. She then looks at her calendar. The date is the 19th. She looks back at the paper.

"Shit! It's Gaara's birthday today! Oh, damn it! I'm so screwed now," Temari says as she takes the paper and rips it up.

She runs over to Kankuro's room and pushes him. He moans then turns around. Temari growls and pushes him harder. He doesn't do anything. She then pushes him off the bed, which Kankuro then woke up quickly.

"What is it, that you had to wake me up for?" Kankuro asked as he got up off of the wood floor, rubbing his head.

"Gaara's birthday!" Temari said.

"So? What about it?" Kankuro asks.

"It's today," she yells sighing.

"Oh, damn it," Kankuro says.

Yeah they totally forgot about his birthday. But why did they forget such a important day?...

**

"What's this?" Gaara asks as he looks at the paper.

He takes it off the fridge and reads it carefully:

I Need to Get a Gift for Gaara. The 19th is His Birthday!

And it was from Temari. Gaara read it again. He then made the paper into a ball and threw it on the floor.

"Today... Is my birthday?" he asks himself.

He is confused. You see, Gaara only thinks about killing ninja so he can get more power. That's usually all he thinks about. He thinks about other things, but that's his main thing. He also thinks about the girl, that he thinks that might not notice him. And once a year he would always receive a gift from Temari or Kankuro. He never knew why.

What he usually got was something like a little art project Temari had created when she was little. She always kept them, and she had promised herself that she would give some of them to her younger brother, Gaara, whenever it was his birthday.

But Gaara doesn't have a thing for gifts. And he is quite mean when it comes to having them. He doesn't say anything when he gets them. When everyone is gone, he ususally crushes in his hand and throws it away. And Temari never knew about this. And if she knew, she would be heartbroken.

Anyway, Gaara didn't know what a birthday was. He didn't know that he would get a year older when it came around. He never really cared about brithdays in the first place. And even if he did know what they are, he still wouldn't care.

"Gaara, Happy Birthday!" Temari said as she handed him a card.

"What the hell is this for?"Gaara asked.

"For your birthday," Kankuro said.

"My birthday?" Gaara asked.

"Yes. Don't tell me you don't know what a birthday is," Kankuro said under his breath.

But Gaara heard that...

"Well, I don't. I don't know what you people are so 'excited' for about them. I don't really care if it's my birthday. I have no time for such things. Now get the hell away from me," Gaara said as he destroyed the card in front of them with sand.

Temari watched the whole thing. She was horrified. She knew she didn't work hard on the card, but she didn't forget about his birthday. And she was so... startled by what Gaara had done. She was so excited to give it to him. Gaara didn't even read it and he had already crushed it like a flower under someone foot.

"I-I hate you, you monster! Where is your heart?" Temari asked as she ran out the door, with tears in her eyes.

Gaara did nothing. He just looked at the door and then to Kankuro.

"Gaara, ah, nevermind," Kankuro said as he went out the door to find Temari.

And then Gaara fell to the floor...

To be continued....
Sign up to rate and review this story