Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > American Fruit

American Fruit

by Silverwingsofthefire 0 reviews

Akito allows four girls to come in from America to live with the Sohmas. Everyone swears that they will never find out their secret, but they seem to know more than they tell, and one of them fin...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Akito, Ayame, Hatori, Hatsuharu, Kisa, Kyo, Momiji, Shigure, Tohru, Yuki - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [V] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-09 - 2529 words

0Unrated
Kyo sat on the roof, thinking again. It was never good when he was thinking like that. The sun was just coming over the horizon when he finally climbed down. Stupid rat, he thought as he wiped a single tear from his face.
"Hello Kyo-kun!" Tohru's voice greeted him as he walked through the kitchen.
"What the- what are you doing up so early Tohru?!" Kyo jumped back in surprise.
"Oh...sorry. Did I startle you?" Her eyes sparkled in the dawn light, afraid that she had done something wrong. "I'm up to make a big breakfast. Akito is having a foreign exchange student from America come here for the rest of the semester!"
What! An American? Why would Akito do that, I mean...it's almost kind.
"Really?"
"Mmhmm, Shigure went to pick her up an hour ago."
That would mean!
"I'm home Tohru-kun!" The house's owner walked into the kitchen with a grin on his face. His laptop computer was tucked safely between his right arm and a suitcase was in his left hand.
"Hello Shigure-san." Tohru said happily, leaving the stove to see the student.
"Oh...Kyo-kun, you're up to greet our guest too?" It was then that Kyo saw the brunette haired girl slowly walking in behind him. Her eyes were to the ground and a backpack was slung around her back. She wore simple jeans with a lot of pockets in the front and a blue sweatshirt. Her hair was short was and it fit her face very well. She suddenly looked up at Kyo, she had glasses.
"Hello." Tohru said to her. It was then that she realized that this girl was American and may not know any Japanese. She looked at Shigure in a pleading gaze.
"She didn't say a word to me on the way here. I don't think she knows much Japanese. That's not good either; she's to see Akito after school. Yuki, Kyo, and Haru are to accompany her."
"Do you know her name?" Kyo asked as Tohru led her away to the room that they would share.
"Clairissa, Clarissa Anna Star."
"Clairissa?" The name rolled off of his tongue with unfamiliarity. She would be pretty if she didn't have glasses, he decided. Why would I care anyway, I have Tohru. He suddenly silently cursed himself for judging her so quickly. He hated people who did that.
"She can write though, oh boy she can write." Shigure's comment caught him off guard.
"Huh?"
"Yeah, I stole her notebook and started reading."
"Shigure, she is American. That means she writes in English."
"I'm sure she does, but this notebook was in Japanese."
"Really?"
"Yeah, most of her writings were action-packed fantasies. They weren't my type but she could seriously get her books published."
"Hnn."
"I know you don't care, but the poems she writes, along with songs, are so dark and sinister. Yet most of them talk about wings, night, black, and stars. It's really very pretty."
"Poems?"
"Yeppers!"
"Hnn." Kyo said with an agitated voice. Then he slipped past the bumbling idiot in front of him (AN, I really do like Shigure but I don't like lying so...) and went into the room Clarissa and Tohru were sharing.
"Do you speak Japanese?" Tohru asked her. She just smiled.
"Tohru, I don't think she does. If she did, wouldn't even a shy girl at least nod her head?" Tohru thought about it for a while.
"I guess."
"Okay." Kyo smiled at her and then turned to the girl. "Hello Clarissa, welcome to the Sohma home. Or at least one of them."
All she did is smile, like she knew something that we didn't.
"Oh, after school today, she is going to see Akito." Shigure's head popped in and out of the room. Kyo froze; this was not what was supposed to happen. If Akito didn't like her, he could send her back. Or worse. Then something else popped into his brain, why did he care. He looked into her eyes, not noticing the color. Something in her eyes made him look away and for a moment she frowned disappointedly and searched for his eyes again. Why do I care?
Kyo watched as Tohru tried to make the still speechless girl talk on the way to school. Clairissa watched her feet scuff the ground as she walked.
Yuki walked between Tohru and Clairissa, Kyo was beside Tohru.
"You'll like our school Clarissa-san." Tohru insisted.
"Don't lie Tohru." Kyo rolled his eyes at her and looked up at the sky.
At school they ran into Haru who was followed by three American girls.
"They won't shut up!" He complained as they were chatting behind him in English. Clarissa went up and joined them. After she spoke for a few sentences they turned towards the Sohmas and laughed. One black headed girl patted her on the back and smiled. Clarissa smiled back at her lovingly.
"Hello, my name's Ayumi." The long black haired one said.
"You speak Japanese?" Tohru asked her.
"No, you can speak English." A blond standing behind her shot at Tohru.
"Shut up Blondy." Kyo took a threatening step towards her.
"You shut up Orangy!" Ayumi stood between them.
"No you shut up." Kyo started to flip out. Suddenly Haru and Yuki burst out laughing.
"Stupid cat, you just found your match!" Yuki had a tear coming out of his eye he was laughing so hard.
"What are you talking about old man, I wouldn't want him!" Ayumi yelled. Suddenly Kyo stood straight up and walked away. Tohru gasped and Yuki just looked on. Kyo didn't want them to see the single tear running down his cheek. Then suddenly he felt a small tug on his shirt. He was out of view of Yuki and the others because he had rounded a corner.
"Kyo-kun?" It was Clarissa's voice.
"Clarissa?" He turned around to see her brunette hair.
"Yes, I speak. But don't tell Haru or Yuki, or the others. I don't want them to know just yet."
"Fine, what do you want?"
"Ayu didn't mean it...she just hates to be pushed into something like that. OK?"
"Sure...whatever."
"What's really your problem Sohma-kun?"
"Kyo...just Kyo."
"OK, what is the real problem just Kyo?"
"Yuki." The name was out of his mouth before he could stop it.
"What could he do, he seems so nice."
"Just...shut up. Americans like you would never understand. Going throughout life just worrying about what you're going to wear tomorrow."
"You shut up you...you...ARG!" Clarissa stormed back around the corner. Kyo soon heard nothing but his own heart and his breath. What did I do now?
After school, all four girls followed the three Sohmas to the main house. The four Americans chatted in English non-stop while the three Sohma guys groaned inwardly.
"Kyo, why is your hair orange." The blond, Emma, asked.
"Because it is. Why is your hair blonde?"
"I don't know. RISA!" She started to ask the question in English. The brunette who was pretending to not be able to speak Japanese spoke to her with obvious smarts.
"You shouldn't have said that Cat." Haru said.
"Shut up."
"Ok," Started Clairissa, sometimes called Risa as a nickname, "Different colors of hair (as well as scales, skin, feathers, etc.) are caused by different types of pigment molecules contained in the hair and the cells surrounding the base of the hair. Hair is composed of dead, tough cells - the pigment that you see in a hair was produced by the cells before they died. Therefore, the color of hair is determined by the cells that make the hair. (A.N; info was gotten at www.madsci.org this is just so I don't get sued)"
"And you knew this how."
"I get really bored sometimes on the internet. Plus, I wanted what makes Emma so...blond."
"OK."
"Hahahaha!" Emma laughed at Kyo while sticking out her tounge. "Ow!"
"What Em?"
"I bit my tounge!" Then they arrived.
The house looked dark and haunting. The girls cast nervous glances at each other. The brunette called Sofita, Sofi for short, was the first of the girls to follow the boys. The Ayumi, Clairissa, and Emma.
They spoke English quietly. Kyo and Haru looked at each other; do they sense the evil here? The mental message was clear to both of the boys.
"Come in, all of you." The icy voice of the head wove into their ears, sending shivers down their backs. When Kyo looked over at the girls, they seemed determined and unaffected by the voice of pure evil.
"Hello girls, how was your flight?" All of the girls mumbled a fine or okay. "Good, are you Ayumi?" He pointed to Emma/
"No, how dare you insult me like that!" The blond suddenly burst out. It took all of the Sohma boys' strength to keep in the laughter. Sofi and didn't even try, but Clairissa didn't seem affected and Ayumi glared at Emma, but didn't make a move.
"I see. Which one of you is Ayumi then?" The girl stepped forward, "I am."
"And I assume you are Emma?" He nodded to the blond.
"And I'm Sofi." The girl didn't wait for him to say anything. Kyo was wide eyed at her bold statement.
"Please don't speak out of turn Sofita." The girl's eyes flashed but she lowered her head apologetically.
"So you're Clairissa?"
"Yes, I am." Haru and Yuki looked in surprise at her. She spoke strongly, not like the shy girl they knew her as. "On behalf of all of us, I thank you, Akito-san, for this opportunity to study in Japan." He smiled and nodded.
"The only thing I ask of you is that you do not touch the Sohma men." The girls nodded. "And you'll have to present something right now about yourself." The demand was quick and sharp and the girls reeled back in astonishment.
"Ayumi, you first." The girls urged her on in English. She nodded and stepped forward, shaking only slightly.
"Do you mind if I sing Akito-san?"
"No, of course not."
"Okay, eh-hem." She cleared her throat,
"No one would listen
No one but her
No one
But as the outcast hears
Shamed into solitude
Shunned by the multitude
No one would listen
I learned to listen
In the dark, my heart heard music
I long to teach the world
Rise up and reach the world
No one would listen
I alone could hear the music
Then at last
A voice in the gloom
Seemed to cry
'I hear you'
'I hear your fears,
Your torment and your tears'
She saw my loneliness
Shared in my emptiness
No one would listen
No one but her
But as the outcast hears
No one would listen
No one but her
But as the outcast hears..." Ayumi finished the song. (A.N; this is on the Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack, so I didn't make it up or anything!"
"So you like music?" Akito asked promptly. Ayumi just nodded in return. "Emma, your next."
She also sang, she sang this...
"You have come here
in pursuit of
your deepest urge,
in pursuit of
that wish,
which till now
has been silent,
silent . . .

I have brought you,
that our passions
may fuse and merge -
in your mind
you've already
succumbed to me
dropped all defenses
completely succumbed to me -
now you are here with me:
no second thoughts,
you've decided,
decided . . .

Past the point
of no return -
no backward glances:
the games we've played
till now are at
an end . . .
Past all thought
of "if" or "when" -
no use resisting:
abandon thought,
and let the dream
descend . . .

What raging fire
shall flood the soul?
What rich desire
unlocks its door?
What sweet seduction
lies before
us . . .?

Past the point
of no return,
the final threshold -
what warm,
unspoken secrets
will we learn?
Beyond the point
of no return . . .

You have brought me
to that moment
where words run dry,
to that moment
where speech
disappears
into silence,
silence . . .
I have come here,
hardly knowing
the reason why . . .
In my mind,
I've already
imagined our
bodies entwining
defenseless and silent -
and now I am
here with you:
no second thoughts,
I've decided,
decided . . .
Past the point
of no return -
no going back now:
our passion-play
has now, at last,
begun . . .
Past all thought
of right or wrong -
one final question:
how long should we
two wait, before
we're one . . .?
When will the blood
begin to race
the sleeping bud
burst into bloom?
When will the flames,
at last, consume
us . . .?
Past the point
of no return
the final threshold -
the bridge
is crossed, so stand
And watch it burn . . .
We've passed the point
of no return . . ." Akito nodded in response. (This is a dido disclaiming)
"Sofita?" He said, just as Hatori walked into the room.
"I don't know what I should do." She whispered to Risa in Japanese.
"Do what you do best..." she ended her sentence in English. The girls nodded.
"Risa, get me that piece of paper, now."
"O...OK Sofi." Risa trembled, and just by looking at her you could tell it was not fake fear.
"Good girl."
"Ayu."
"Yes my O' Evil Teacher."
"Will you please not sing Phantom of the Opera again?"
"But...But"
"Do you really want me to get out my shoelace?"
"No, please, not the shoelace!!!!!" Ayumi screamed and cowered. Akito smiled.
"You don't have to do that anymore Sofita."
"Awww" she said.
"Clairissa, it is your turn." Hatori said from the corner.
She spoke to her friends in English and Ayumi produced a sheet of paper.
"What is a significant topic to write about Sohma-san?"
"How about if the mouse won the game of cat and mouse."
"Um...OK...here we go." She started writing rapidly. Kyo looked over her shoulder but couldn't read the chicken scratch. In a few minutes she rested her hand and gave it to Akito.
"I can't read this, read it to me Clairissa." He said angrily."
"OK...Here we go. It's called, Mouse and Cat,
"The cat and mouse were playing their normal game
When the mouse turned around
And the rules were changed
With the shock of the rulebook thrown away
The cat fell and mouse won the game

The cat felt a surge of defeat
And tear ran down his tired face
When he stood to chase the rat
He found that no matter what he did
No one would again call him a worthy cat" Kyo listened intently as she read on, her eyes barely leaving the page.

"Again and again,
The cat tried and failed at the old game
And the mouse turned around to defeat him again
Every time, the cat lost a little bit more
And the tears continued to fall more and more

Yet one day, his sun will rise
When someone will come
And comfort the saddened heart and mind
And maybe, just maybe
The cat and mouse will leave their quarrel behind." She raised her eyes and made contact with Kyo.

Who are these people?

____________
A.N
Hi, I hope you like this. Please Review!
Sign up to rate and review this story