Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby Seasons Change But People Dont [[Dont Pretend You Ever Forgot About Me]]

dont come home for christmas;; you the last thing i wanna see underneith the tree

by xxlaurenxx 4 reviews

...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-10 - 1131 words

0Unrated
The two of us sat on the couch, huddled together in front of the fireplace. It was like the perfect little Christmas cliché. I turned towards his and admired his pudgy, warm cheeks, tightening my grip on his stomach as I nestled in closer to him. He looked down, smiling sweetly as he pulled me in closer. "This is perfect..." I exhaled in awe, my eyes still closed, afraid that this was only a dream. Things in my life were finally perfect, even if it was only for a limited amount of time.

"Yeah it is." Patrick breathed out a reply as he rubbed my back softly. He opened his eyes slowly and smiled. "So where would your obsessive roommates be?" he asked warmly.

"Out of town... thank God," I laughed.

Patrick suddenly sat forward, causing me to slide off and behind him slightly. I sat up, and looked at him awkwardly, wondering why he insisted on disturbing the serenity. He walked over to his hoodie, which was thrown onto the counter, and a few moments later returned to my side holding something in his hands. "Come to California with me." he insisted bluntly as he revealed a plane ticket.

"Wha... no.... Pat how could you ask me something like that? I mean so quickly..." I said in awe. My mouth must have fallen opened, for it took me a few more moments to fully assess the situation "It's Christmas..."

"Exactly", he said as he sat back down beside me, draping his arm around my shoulders. "We all want to see you. We want to spend the holidays with you again; like old times. And you're here alone." By the way he spoke, it seemed almost as if it was necessary for me to come with him. "Please."

"Patrick... I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because, Christmas is a family holiday; as in not for family-less pieces of trash like me. I don't want you to feel obligated to spend the holiday with me, just because I'm alone." I moved away from him quickly and walked towards the kitchen, sitting down at the counter, cradling my face in my hands, trying to figure out what I was doing. I mean, I did really want to spend the holidays with my old friends. Joking around and making memories just as we did before, but for some reason I just couldn't bring my self to accept their temping offer. Something in my heart and mind told me it would only lead to conflict.

"Don't even fucking say that, Court. You aren't trash. You couldn't be if you tried." He stood up and began moving over to me. He grabbed my hands away from my face and squeezed them tightly, "Me and the guys are in town; only for the night. We came to get you to come with us."

My moth fell opened yet again. How could he tell me this just on the spot, expecting me to just fly off with him into Hollywood-land. I mean, they flew all the way here, how could I fucking say no? "How the fuck can you do this to me, Pat?" I said, astonished. "How can I fucking say no to you when you brought Andy and Jo to come and get me?"

"We thought you'd want to come and spend time with us", he said defensively. "We wanted to spend the time we never got to with you."

"And I want to too. But Pat, this is so sudden."

"Who cares? Be reckless and just come with us."

My gut felt as if it was going to explode. Keeping things from that boy always seemed difficult. "Patrick...I can't go because I know Pete's going to be there." I said, my tone getting louder with each word that escaped my lips. "I never fucking got over him!" I screamed out. The room grew silent as Patrick leaned against the wall, staring at his shoes. "He fucking stole my heart, broke it, and I guess I never really got it back."

"Court... I..."

"Don't Pat." I replied softly, bluntly. I've already hurt enough people, and been hurt too many times. I just... I just want Pete to disappear. I was doing just fine without him, and he came back and all the feelings just rushed..." I bit my lip, stopping myself from speaking another word. Patrick looked utterly disappointed. "I don't belong in California..."

"You sure as hell don't belong here either. You're so much better then this Godforsaken city."

"Patrick... you've changed..." I said softly as I stared out the window, watching each small speck of white float down through the sky. "The Patrick I knew wouldn't have said one bad thing about his beloved city. Now you're saying that it's not good enough for me?" I took a pause as I stared over at him, still looking down as if ashamed. "I love all of you boys to death, and you know that. But I just...I can't."

"All because of Pete?"

"No...Pat, not because of Pete. Because of everything." I walked over to the wall and slid down, resting my back against it as I sat on the floor, my knees pulled up against my chest as an attempt to end the conversation.

"What everything?" he asked quickly, almost angrily. "Because your supposedly trash and you're not good enough for Christmas, how your madly in love with my best friend who just happened to get you pregnant then take off, not belonging in California. Which fucking one is it, Court?" I was surprised; Patrick had never lashed out at me to this extent. I honestly didn't really think he had the heart to do it.

"I don't fucking know Patrick!" I began to cry. "I'm scared, okay. I'm scared of letting a good thing get to me, and then just loosing it again. I'm afraid of losing you boys again!"

"You never lost us..." he said in a much more mild tone. He began moving closer to me, eventually not but inches from my face as he took my hands, holding them loosely. "You never lost me at least." He began to move closer, which shocked me. Our faces were now just a hair away from touching, our lips even closer. I had never though Patrick as anything more then a friend, a brother. But this moment, it seemed so perfect and so right. He could maybe be the thing to get me over Pete. I stared deeply into his eyes, as if looking into his soul, and hesitantly leaned it, causing our lips to crash and share a deep, meaningful kiss. There wasn't any turning back now. I was going to California and showing off my new Patrick to a certain bassist.
Sign up to rate and review this story