Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Something Golden

Let It Linger

by moocow 19 reviews

Well, I've decided to just have 1 ending. It just all came together tonight. And here it is. The Bloody Freaking, Fucking End of a Series.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-04-09 - Updated: 2007-04-10 - 2758 words

3Original
-----/Evie/-----

It's a funny thing when a certain sound always sticks in the corners of your minds, like a constant reminder of happenings in your past that pertain to that particular sound. The sound that infiltrated my ears was not foreign to me; as a matter of fact I could pin-point every time in my life when I remembered those steady beats of beeps.

"Pete," With my eyes still closed, I attempted at moving my hand to try and feel my surroundings. I couldn't hear my own voice, but I knew I was heard judging by the hand that circled around my own.

"Evie," I hummed and let my face relax as my eyes fluttered open and for a few brief moments, I was blinded with what I though was heaven until I saw the ceiling and the slightly pale arm holding my hand in a loose grip.

"Patrick?" I asked, creasing my eyebrows together and observing his tired eyes.

"Hey buttercup," he breathed, his free hand moving to cup my cheek, rubbing at my temple. I wasn't surprised that I was tired and worn; after all I had tried to end my life.

"Where's..." Patrick hushed me and I let my eyes glance down at my arms where I was hooked up to an IV and many other machines that hung around me.

"I don't think its ok for your mental state to talk about Pete," I sighed and snuggled my face into his warm hand.

"Tell me," I whispered, letting my eyes close. Patrick ran a thumb over my cheek and I opened my eyes, hissing as he did so. "Oww" I hissed.

Patrick frowned and unlaced his hand from mine to dig around in what looked like Izzy's purse until he pulled out a compact. He opened it and flashed it at my face. What I saw was not me. My eyes were bloodshot and my make-up was smeared, dried mascara running down my face. I gulped, feeling my throat as dry as it could have been, and in extreme pain. There was a small bruise forming on the left side of my face, and a cut on the corner of my mouth.

"Do you remember?" he asked. I closed my eyes briefly and nodded, tugging on his arm.

"Help me sit up," I begged.

Patrick nodded and stood up for a moment and I took the liberty of noticing he was still in his tux, yet now it was ruffled and the sleeves were rolled up, the tie loosened and the jacket thrown over the back of the chair. As soon as I was comfortable leaning back against the white cloth I eyed him.

"What?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Tell me where Pete is," I begged. Patrick gulped and scooted a little bit closer, about to tell me when the door opened and Joe widened his eyes, scampering over next to Patrick.

"Evie!" he yelped, his slightly watering as he leaned over the distance to kiss me. When he parted, Patrick coughed and ran his fingers over my hand again.

"I don't think that's safe for your mental health either," Joe looked down at him.

"Why don't you go look for Pete, I need to talk to Evie," Patrick nodded and stood up again, leaning over to kiss my temple and hug me lightly.

As soon as he left, Joe climbed as much as he could up on the bed with me, pushing the blankets down to snuggle up next to me. I smiled and ran my hand through his hair that was going back from its straightened nature and back to the springy fro.

"Joe," I breathed, simply just happy with seeing him.

"Pete is in so much denial right now," he whispered against my shoulder blade, kissing there once before sliding an arm across my waist, making my look down and observe the fact I was still in my bride's maid dress.

"Oh lord," I whispered. Joe laughed lightly before clearing his throat and making me look back down at him.

"He left for the bar like, as soon as you were stable," I gulped.

"Who found me?" I asked. Joe shifted his eyes away. "Oh," I felt guilty tears come to my eyes. "Joe," I cried. He shook his head and snuggled back into my form.

"It's ok, Ev," he smiled and creased his eyebrows. "Because once Pete gets his act together I'm gonna have to hand you over again," I giggled softly and scooted down to lye with him.

"Please go find him," I whispered against his cheek. "I really need to see him," Joe nodded into my shoulder and kissed below my ear.

"Anything for my splenda packet,"

-----/Pete/-----

"Dude, I think that's enough," I ignored the voice I heard and as I tried to focus on the drink that sat in front of me I swayed slightly. I giggled to myself before reaching out and letting my fingers curl around the cold glass.

"We would have made the perfect couple, you know," I slurred, talking to whoever was standing in front of me.

I'm sure I looked like a freak to them, my eyes bloodshot and my face experiencing five-o'clock shadow at 3AM in the morning. I was still dressed in my tux, but my sleeves were sloppily rolled up and I looked as though I had been sent through a wind-tunnel.

"Pete?" I hiccupped as I turned and stumbled forward in attempt to hug the stranger.

"Hey!" I yelled, then looking up to see the familiar head and angry eyes. "Joeeee!" I greeted, smiling in possibly the dorkiest way possible. He groaned and pushed me back into the barstool. I laughed and eyed him to the best of my abilities.

"Whoa, woah there, buddy," I joked. Joe creased his eyebrows together and tugged his hoodie on tighter.

"Evie's awake!" he yelled over the music of the club stereo system. I felt my eyes dilate and I could now see him a little clearer.

"What?" I asked, placing my glass back down on the counter and trying to make my mind focus. Joe crossed his arms.

"She's awake and she's looking for you," he spoke softly, his eyes flashing something that looked like jealousy. I smirked and took another swig of burning alcohol.

"Are you jealous of the fact Evie loves me and not /you/?" I asked. Joe gulped and his jaw clenched.

"Don't make me do something stupid Pete," he paused. "Sure, Evie loves you but," he poked at my chest and I swatted it away. "You treat her like some sort of rag-doll," I laughed and drank some more.

"Cuz she deserves it," Joe seemed as though he was going to say more when he turned and fished his phone out of his pocket.

"I'm calling you a cab," he spoke.

I smirked and turned back to my drink, deciding to gulp down the rest. I stood up and adjusted my eyesight for a second and stumbled towards the club doors.

Without Joe catching me, I managed to slip out into the night.

-----/Evie/-----

A warm hand took me out of my sleep, rubbing small circles on my back as I lied there, just smiling as I drifted out of my dreams.

"Mmm, Pete," I mumbled, trying to cuddle into the hand, but failing.

The hand slowly stopped and crawled up towards my face where a strand of my hair was pushed back. I rolled over onto my side and took the hand and snuggled my face into it only to realize something. I fluttered my eyes open and noticed Joe's tired look, his eyes baggy and sad at the same time. I sat up as quickly as I could and let worry wash over me.

"What?" I asked. Joe gulped and sat down next to me on the bed, bringing my into a soft hug. My dress ruffled against the denim of his jeans as he slid me into his lap.

"Evie, it's Pete," he paused as I drew away to try and read his eyes. "He's done something very stupid?" I felt my heart contract.

"What?" I asked, my voice cracking by the time it came out. "He didn't try and hurt himself again, did he?" I asked in a soft whisper. Joe shook his head but took my hands in his, bringing my body close.

""He decided to drive while he was drunk," I felt my heart drop even further.

"Oh god, Joe," I began to cry. Joe took a shaky breath and caught every tear on the pad of his thumb. I shook against him and tightened my eyes shut. Joe kissed my cheek.

"He awoke about a few minutes ago," I pulled away and looked at him.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I asked. Joe smiled softly.

"Visiting hour restrictions," I sighed and moved off of him, slowly trying to stand. Joe caught me as I nearly fell over. "Woah," he mumbled. I leaned against him before wheeling the IV with me.

"I want to go see him," Joe hesitantly walked me towards the door.

"I really don't think it's the best thing for you guys but," he paused and led me down the hall towards a darkened hallway, a window at the end displaying the sun-rise. "You love him," I smiled and hugged Joe close before letting him open the door, making my breath lodge into my throat.

As I stepped into the dimly lit hospital room, I felt my breathing become rushed as I observed the state Pete was in. He had one leg propped up in a sling that hung from the ceiling, possibly a broken left leg. I sighed as I scooted myself to his side, looking down at the bandages around his head and the black eye that was forming on his right eye. My hand gingerly brushed against his left, that arm wrapped as well. As soon as my fingers laced with his though, his eyes shot open and he glanced over at me. I shot my hand back and gulped, eyeing his mattered body.

"Hey," I breathed.

Pete's eyes read mine and he blinked, glancing down at his leg as he attempted at moving it. I reached down and moved it for him, a small smile reaching his lips. He slowly raised his arm and wrapped it around my waist, his hand gliding up my back as he brought me down towards his face. His lips brushed against my ear as I hugged him, his wired up arms holding me to the best of his abilities.

"I think we are even now," he whispered before pulling away and letting our eyes lock. I gulped and nodded, not paying attention when he lifted his head up and kissed me, but I pulled away, his head lifting even higher to go with me.

"Pete," I breathed. He smiled softly before pulling a pained look.

"You hate me, huh?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"I'm just disappointed in you, Pete,"

He eyed me as I stood up straight next to his bed, my hands folded in front of me. He tried reaching out to hold my hand and I tilted my head to one side before tucking my bottom lip into my mouth and lifting his arm up, sitting down on the edge of the bed with him. He lifted his head up and placed it in my lap, his tired and bruised eyes adoring me as he looked up. I laced our hands together and half-heartily kept him company until he spoke again.

"I'm going to make it up to you," he whispered, his voice laced with a wheezing factor. I looked down at him as he adjusted his body into my form.

"What?" I asked. Pete blinked softly.

"When I get out of here, before we head back to LA to finish the record," he paused and tightened his grip on my hand as much as he could. "I'm going to make it all up to you," I felt like I should have replied, but I didn't, and when I was about to tell him something, a nurse entered the room and eyed me as I sheepishly and slowly stepped off the bed and leaned towards Pete, letting him kiss me softly and whisper into my hear.

"You listened," he whispered. "You stayed beautiful,"

---------

A couple of days went by and I found myself at home alone most of the time, Joe always missing trying to finalize plans for them heading back to recording. After all, they were well on their way to becoming famous. My head still throbbed with memories of what got me here every time I would think back to anything, but then remembered that I had cheated death, what, 4 times now? My train of though went deeper and deeper, but a clink to my balcony door jumped me right out of a small mental breakdown.

I glanced over at the door to see another pebble hit the glass and raised an eyebrow to myself. As I ventured towards the door, I adjusted the straps on my yellow sun-dress and let my hair down, wanting to enjoy the breeze of the early summer air. When I stepped out onto the balcony, I immediately glanced down to see Pete on crutches, but more importantly, in a dinosaur suit.

"What the hell are you doing?" I half-laughed. Pete forced a smile and hopped slightly towards a boom-box that sat on the ground.

"I'd lift it up, but," he laughed. "I might break another leg," I let my fingertips cover my mouth in slight embarrassment as he hit play on the CD player. But I don't think it was the right song.

When I think about you, I touch myself...

Pete immediately turned it off and even from high up on my balcony I could see him blushing.

"Ok, never mind about that," I chewed on my lip nervously.

"What are you doing Pete?" I asked. He stared up at me.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll let me come up there and show you how much I love you," I gulped and pointed towards the back door.

"It's unlocked," I spoke.

Pete smiled and walked himself over there and as I stepped back inside and towards the stairs, I could hear the clinking of the crutches against the tile. As Pete came towards the living room I smiled brightly and ran towards him, jumping and wrapping my legs around his waist as we fell onto the couch, his frustrated groan making both of us laugh.

"Oww," he whined.

I kissed him hard, his body stiffening for only a moment before he relaxed and began to kiss back, passionately. He sat up fully and brought me down on his lap, so I was straddling his thighs. When we parted, I rested my forehead against his and let my hands fall from his face to his shoulders where I snaked them around his neck and hugged him as our noses brushed. Pete sighed softly.

"Does this mean we can have sexy babies together?" he asked. I giggled softly before kissing him.

"We have to wait for you to heal Pete," I mentioned. Pete frowned before smiling and letting me watch as a tear slipped down his eye. I caught it between my finger tips and eyed him.

"Why are you crying, Pete?" I paused. "I love you," Pete shook his head and smiled as he cupped my hands.

"I'm just so happy," he whispered. "And I lo..."

Right as he was pouring his heart out, I yelped and leaned back right in time for one of his crutches to slide from leaning against the couch and knock him in the head. I simply made and 'O' face and watched as Pete rubbed his head in pain and moved it away. He calmed me down and brought me closer into a very tight hug.

"This time," he mumbled into my neck. "I won't let go even if I break every bone in my body," I smiled into his shoulder and felt safe once again.

"I love you Peter," I snuggled my cheek into his. "And all your broken bones," Pete smiled and nodded.

"I love you Evie," He gulped and laced out hands together. "So," he paused. I blinked as I pulled away.

"What?" I asked. Pete flashed me a toothy grin.

"Can I be the 't' in your Wenz?"
Sign up to rate and review this story