Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

And pray to God he hears you.

by grandtheftautumn 6 reviews

What you've been waiting for. Sorry it took so long. Ryan's POV

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] - Published: 2007-04-10 - Updated: 2007-04-10 - 1642 words

0Unrated
What's up with ficwad? Is everyone's stuffing up or is it just me? Finally got this up.

Sorry I took so long to post. I wasn't happy with the ending of this chap. I couldn't post it until I was satisfied enough after the last chapter cliff hanger I couldn't disappoint (hope I don't) =]

I had some writer's block too and when i finally finished this ficwad wasnt working.. ANYWAY! I REACHED 6+ REVIEWS! I'm so happy! So that's what it takes - A cliff hanger as an incentive for more reviews =] AWESOME! Thank you all.

I updated as fast as I could. I climbed the Harbour Bridge the other day so I couldn't necessarily drop EVERYTHING I was doing lmao. Hope you all had a great weekend. For anyone that gave up reading fanfiction for Lent then welcome back. Here's my end of the bargain. ENJOY!



AUTHOR'S NOTE: I HAVE THEME MUSIC FOR THIS CHAPTER AGAIN!!!!! I hope this works. Let me know =]

PS: I strongly, STRONGLY RECOMMEND you play

How to save a life - The Fray

Have it softly in the background.. STARTING the second you start reading this chapter... now... GO! You can stop it like after 2 minutes...




*


Chapter 10: And pray to God he hears you.

Ryan's POV



"Amara?" I heard a faint male voice.

"Hey leave her alone. DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!! AMARAA!!!" I screamed into the phone. I threatened pathetically, feeling helpless to save her. Only God knows what was happening.

There was a scuffling sound as someone picked up the phone. "Hello?" said the male voice.

"WHO IS THIS!?! WHAT HAV..."

"Ryan?" said a familiar voice. Huh? What the fuck? "BRENNNNDON!?!"

"Ry man, calm down. Why you yelling for?" he asked me.

"Bren, what are you doing? Where's Amara!?"

"She's right here. I haven't done anything okay, relax. I just found her on the street. I think she's had too much to drink."

"Where are you?" I demanded.

"Ummmm near a Dublin's Pub. I think it's on... North Rush street.

"Oh god, is she okay?"

"Honestly man. I dunno. I hope so. I'll bring her back to your place it's closest..."

I didn't hear the last bit for I had already hung up. I grabbed my keys and ran out the door. Horrible images of Amara flashed before my eyes. I had the sickest feeling in the pit of my stomach. Even if Amara has changed over the past few months I KNOW she'd never drink herself unconscious. Please let her be okay. Please.


Meanwhile, Brendon observed the unrecognisable Amara in front of him before lifting her lifeless body onto his back. He started walking towards Ryan's town house. The unknown figure retreated back into the darkness.





I drove over as fast I could, it wasn't far. I found Brendon struggling along the sidewalk, a slumped figure on his back. I hastily pulled over, and ran out of the car.

"Brendon!!"

"Ryan!.. I think something's really wrong. She's not waking up." His voice full of fear.

"Shit. We have to take her to the hospital. NOW!"



We drove to Northwestern, it was five minutes away but the drive felt like hours.

I drove into the emergency entrance and carried her out of the car. There was no one insight. Where was an effing doctor when you needed one? Brendon ran towards the nurses' station, and I followed behind with Amara.

The place was like a ghost town. What is going on? Suddenly, a female appeared from behind the desk. "Boys, what's the trouble?" She noticed Amara in my arms. "Oh goodness, let me call a doctor." She pressed down on a button and spoke into a speaker, "Dr. Ztnew, we have an emergency in Hall One."

Moments later, several figures in white appeared and took Amara away on a gurney. Brendon and I stayed behind in the waiting room. I paced back and forth for what felt like an eternity. I hate hospitals. I hate that fucking gurney. I hate everything about this hell hole. Jon and Spencer arrived, but their presence couldn't relieve any of the anxiety I had.

Thirty minutes later, the doors to the ER flapped open and shut as a nurse walked out. We received a momentary glance before she quickly returned to her clipboard. She then hurried into another room to avoid being berated with questions she apparently doesn't have the answers to.

This happened another five times, so I stopped bothering to look up. They're all the same. Same dumb procedure, same shit, no answers. However, this time the nurse walked towards us. "Anyone here for a Miss Amara James?"

I looked up incredulously. Are you kidding me? We're the only people in the room. We're the same people that brought her in. What a newb. I kept my rash thoughts to myself.

The others had quickly stood up. "Yea that's us," answered Spence.

"The doctor will be with you shortly," she said.

See nothing. I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly the Amara's doctor entered the room. "She's stable. We had to pump her stomach, so we'll be holding her over night for observation. Can anyone tell me what happened to her?" Dr. Ztnew readied his pen over the clipboard he held.

I felt a wave of relief wash over me.

Brendon started talking to the doctor. "My apartment building had a blackout. I tried calling Amara at home, but when she didn't answer I went to check up on her. I found her passed out on the pavement."

"I see. Other than her high blood alcohol level, we found traces of GHB in her system. Has your friend ever..."

"SHE IS NOT A USER! She never has." Defended Jon.

"Are you certain?" he questioned us.

Brendon and I nodded defiantly. GHB? Why GHB?

"Hmm, that's a good thing I suppose. Whereabouts in town did you say you found her?"

He supposes!! What kinda of doctor 'thinks' someone not doing drugs is a good thing. I bet he's not even a real doctor. My mind was going into overdrive. The sudden drama in several hours.

"Umm it was... Inn? No. Doob something? FUCK! I can't remember." Frustrated, Brendon banged on the white hospital wall.

That brought me out of my trance. "It was Dublin's Pub on North Rush street," I spoke up.

"Hmm. Interesting. We've had a few cases lately. Similar cases to your friend's, all coming from around Dublin's. All drunk and all given a date rape drug."

"What!?" Spencer screamed.

"Yes, we think there's a serial rapist in the neighbourhood targeting young, innocent women. This person is very disturbed and very dangerous. Amara is lucky when you found her when you did."

He continued on, "He targets lonely women in bars and pubs. He's been described as very charming. This male would buy them a few drinks, and then the victims would wake up the next day on the street - half naked, belongings gone, and no memories of the night before...

and also missing parts of their hair."

"No way. Oh my god." Jon gasped.

That could have been Amara. The thought made me feel sick inside.

A silence fell over the room. All of us thinking the same thing of what could have been.

An hour later the doctor let us see her but she was sound asleep. Arm hooked up to the IV. This sight made my skin crawl. The boys and I stayed with her all night. I sat by her bedside and held her hand, watching her, til I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.


I was woken up by Brendon in the morning. "Ry, here have something to eat. Or least drink" I took the latte, but rejected the bagel. I didn't think I could eat without feeling like throwing it back up.

"Make sure you eat something later okay Ryro," Bren insisted.

Amara's cell rang. It flashed Mikz. Her family must have heard about Amara somehow. "hey man. Long time no talk. Don't worry Amara is okay now?"

"what? Something happen to her?"

"I thought you knew? Isn't that why you called?"

"No, I called her to see where she was. She was supposed to be home by now?"

"What why?"

"She didn't tell you? Mum and dad were in a hit-and-run so she was coming back."

"Oh god."





Amara woke up the later that afternoon to find herself in an unfamiliar white room. If she didn't know any better she would have thought she had been abducted or something rather than in the hospital. But why? She looked over at Pete asleep on a chair next to her bed and gently removed her hand from his warm grip.

"Pete, what happened to me? I had a nightmare that my parents were in an accident."

"Ummm. Amara sweetie, that wasn't a nightmare."

"OH MY GOD, MUM! OH NO, DAD!"

"No no no Amara it's okay. Your brother called and said your mum is fine now and your dad is out of intensive care and making a recovery."

She leaned back into her pillow, relieved that her parents were okay. "Why am I here then?"

Pete looked at Amara's confused expression not knowing what to say. He just wanted to hug her. "Well, I know the news about your parents wouldn't have been easy to handle and I wasn't there for you when I should have been. I guess you had a bit too much to drink and..."

"You came back all the way from New York and saved me." She wrapped her arms around Pete as tightly as she could... just as Ryan walked in.

She's okay! She's awake! Wait, did she just say PETE saved her?

Ryan's grip tightened on the bouquet of lilies in his hand. He felt like he was about to see the bagel he just ate.




*

R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story