Categories > TV > Charmed > What Hurts The Most

What Hurts The Most

by forevrcharmed92 0 reviews

All she wanted was one more chance with him, and yet she would never get to tell him how she truly felt. Piper Leo, after their seperation. My first Charmed story. R&R Complete, One Shot

Category: Charmed - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Leo, Piper, Wyatt - Published: 2007-04-12 - Updated: 2007-04-13 - 909 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: What Hurts the Most
A/n: This is my first Charmed story Enjoy :)
Disclaimer: I do not own Charmed or any of the characters of the show.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though goin on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm ok
But that's not what gets me-Rascall Flatts

Piper looked down at her hands. The rain crashed on the roof of the Halliwell Home. Wyatt had just lay down and finally was able to rest... she hoped the rain wouldn't awaken him.

She wiped her face and leaned back in the rocker, watching over her precious bundle of joy... their bundle of joy.

Piper glanced at a picture on the wall. Leo sat smiling holding their just born baby son, Wyatt, in his arms.

Wyatt looked so much like his father, unfortunately Wyatt wouldn't be seeing much of his father.

A tear streamed down her sullen face, and she just let it fall. She wasn't afraid of the tears, or the pain of them... The pain of being without him...

"Oh Leo." she murmered.

Piper stood and walked out of the nursery. She swiped at the tears when she heard Paige and Phoebe coming up the stairs.

"Hey, you okay?" Phoebe asked.

Piper nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

She smiled and watched her sisters ascend the steps. Piper stepped back into her room and lay down on the bed, fresh tears fell down her face as she clutched onto
the picture of Leo.

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowin
What could have been
And not seeing that lovin you
Is what I was tryin' to do-Rascall Flatts

Leo sat on his cloud looking over the crying Piper. He wished so badly to be down there to comfort her, but he couldn't.

Her tears cut at his heart like a sharp knife. It almost killed him, the pain was so unbearable. "Piper." he murmered under his breath. "I love you... so much."
Leo orbed into the nursery and stood at the door that was once his and Piper's room. He looked at the crying image of beauty on the bed. "Piper." he whispered under his breath painfully.

A tear streamed down his face at her pain. "All I tried to do was love you Piper... and I'm still tryin."

Turning he walked back into the nursery to hide his pain and agony.

It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I'm doin' It
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do-Rascall Flatts

The sun peeked through her blinds and Piper wiped at her swollen eyes. She had been crying all night. She looked down at the picture of Leo she had been clutching so tightly.

Piper pulled the drawer open and placed it back below her junk before closing and locking it.

"Your awake Wyatt."

Piper looked toward the nursery. That was a male's voice...

Leo.

"Leo?" she called as she stood.

Wyatt began crying and Piper ran into the nursery to see her son sitting in his crib, the last traces of orbing slowly disappearing. She grabbed her son and sank to her knees, gulping back tears... "I know baby... I know."

Two hours later found Piper still sitting on the floor, holding Wyatt near. She slowly stood and placed her sleeping child in the crib and walked into the room. Piper looked up toward the ceiling.

"Leo... I'm so sorry. I should have never sent you away." she gulped back a sob. "I know you can hear me... I love you... and I'm sorry."

She waited for Leo to appear before her, embrace her in a hug and kiss and tell her things would be allright... but none of that happened...
Piper sank to the ground, sobs racking her body. He had left, she had sent him away. Why couldn't she go back in time and make him stay? Why?

A hand touched her shoulder and through her tears she saw the form of Leo. He pulled her into an embrace and kissed her forehead.

Leo just held her tighter, tears streaming down his eyes. "I love you Piper... so much."

"I love you Leo." Piper looked up at him as she kissed him on the lips. "That's what I was trying to do."


Piper woke up with a jolt at the sound of Wyatt's crying. The picture she had been holding fell to the ground, the glass breaking. She ran toward the crib just in time to see the faint signs of a disappearing orb... and her crying son sitting in his crib.

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story