Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Doubting Michael [9]

by Silvana 4 reviews

"I just don't see why we have to do these interviews."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-13 - Updated: 2007-04-13 - 230 words - Complete

1Insightful
Dedicated to the person whose conversation with me inspired this oneshot

Doubting Michael

"I still don't see why we have to do these interviews," Mikey grumbled as My Chemical Romance sat in the van that was driving them to Teen Magazine HQ.
"Publicity," Bob said shortly, his eyes fixed on the passing scenery.
"But we can get publicity from...Rocksound and Kerrang!" the bassist protested. "Why teen magazines?"
"Because we're famous now Mikes," Frank tried to explain. "We ain't in the underground no more."
Mikey scowled. "They hated us before and now they love us. It's all fake. At least Kerrang! liked us when we first started."
Ray nodded calmly. "But while they love us make the most of it."
"And the posters!" Mikey exclaimed with renewed horror. "So some preppy girls can drool over us then put us on their wall!" Bob rolled his eyes. "It's not just the preps who read this stuff Mikey."
"I just don't see why we have to do these interviews," Mikey concluded miserably.
"Mikes, how many fans have said that our music saved them?" Gerard asked in a low voice, speaking for the first time since they'd left the hotel, keeping his eyes fixed on the window.
"Several..." Mikey answered slowly, wondering where his brother was going. Gerard turned to look at his brother, his hazel eyes piercing. "Doesn't anybody else need saving?"

________________________________________________
Sign up to rate and review this story