Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

Didn't Your Mother Every Teach You....

by ForNeverYours 1 review

Andy finds out and over-reacts.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-04-13 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 1511 words

0Unrated
Andy's POV

I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I walked away from Patrick's house. I wasn't concerned about Aubrey; she was crazy; she could handle herself pretty well. I heard a few muffled angry words spat in the hot night air. Ok, maybe I was concerned. I sighed and started heading back to his house.
Walking in the shadows of the houses I wasn't noticed as their voices hushed slightly and saw as Patrick reached up and threw her against the house. My muscles tensed and I had to fight the urge to run and get him away form her. But my feet refused to move and inch.
When I saw her arms reach up to push him away I wanted to cheer/cry at the same time. She said something to him in that husky tone she hardly ever used anymore then ran in my direction.
"Shit1" I whispered throwing myself into the dimly lit yard of Patrick's next door neighbor.
As she ran past I picked myself off and tried my best to brush off the mulch that had collected on my knees as they made contact with a rosebush. I sighed and did what I always did when I was angry/ angsty/ or upset, I crossed my arms and held my elbows. When my feet found the concrete sidewalk I made a full on march up to Patrick's house, he was still standing there in front of the tree just about ready to climb it but waiting to see if she would return.
I knew she wouldn't. There was one thing I learned from her over the past two months knowing her; she knew how to tease and make boys want to follow her. When Patrick saw me I noticed him swallow hard and put on a fake smile.
"Hey Andy, why are you here?" He inquired blinking a little too much.
"You know damn well." I spat back looking at him angrily.
"Wha-?" He started but before he could finish I had him pushed up against his house.
"Don't think you can play stupid, I saw you kiss Aubrey." I said through a clenched jaw.
He coughed and stared at me with bulging eyes.
"Stay away from her and find your own girlfriend." I spat letting his neck go and pulled my hands away. "That or go fuck Pete."
He glared at me and punched me in the face. I massaged the spot where he punched me.
"Fuck off Hurley, she liked it too." With that he turned and started climbing the tree.
"Drop dead Stump!" I shouted hearing dogs start to bark.
"Get the fuck off my property before I call the cops!" He said before slamming the window shut.
I sighed and flipped off the shadow that stood in front of the window before turning and making the trek back to my house. Once back in my room I pulled off my shirt and flopped down on my bed, again it was almost two. I yawned and closed my eyes, but sleep refused to come.
I tossed and turned for a few hours but finally found a somewhat comfortable spot and let my eyes fall closed.
Sadly my eyes shot open a while later to my mom knocking on my bedroom door and asking if I was descent. I pulled the pillow over my head and groaned as she opened the door and sighed at my tired figure.
"You went out again last night didn't you, Andrew?"
I sighed and lifted the pillow from my head. I looked at her tapping her foot and biting her lip impatiently.
"What if I did?" I asked tiredly getting out of bed and pulling on the shirt I wore the day before.
"Were you with that bastard daughter of theirs again?" She spat walking across the room to look out the window at their house in disgust.
"She has a father you know." I said glaring at her and biting my lip. Good going, Hurley; you're fighting with the person that brought you into this world.
"Yeah, well her mother has men of many different relations visiting the house while she's out with Joseph's girlfriend."
"Yeah, mom I'm sure that's what's happening." I sighed, knowing I had gotten her into one of her rants.
"Absolutely!" She spun around and snapped. "Don't try to tell me something I don't know, young man!"
I sighed and picked up the clothes off my floor, she was going to be here a while and there was no use arguing with her. Soon she noticed the large bruise that covered my left eye and my split lip.
"Andrew, what happened to you face?" She cupped my face in her frail hands; her grey eyes clouded with worry.
"It's nothing, mom." I said brushing her hands away.
"Did someone hurt you?" She said following me as I crossed the room and pulled a crumpled shirt out of the only other piece of furniture in my room other than my computer desk; my bed was actually just a mattress on the floor.
"I just got in a fight with someone, it's no big deal." I sighed as she pressed lightly on the bruise and watched as I winced slightly.
"Who did you fight with?" She questioned pulling her hand away.
"Um..." I didn't want to tell her I had been sneaking out and fighting with my band mate. "Just some kid."
"Oh, well if there anything you want to talk to me about I'm here." She said not even bothering to punish me, I'm guessing she thought to busted lip and bruised eye was enough to pay for the damage done.
I sighed and watched as she shut the door. Turning around I saw Bre dancing around her room, the tiny fan in the corner of her room spinning of high making her hair fly out. I smiled even though she kissed my friend; I couldn't help but smile when I saw she was happy.
Quietly slipping out my window onto the burning hot roof I winced and carefully slipped onto the ground below. Walking over to her roof I had a lot to think about even if it was a short fifteen foot walk. I quickly climbed the vine frame and made my way to her window.
"Nice moves!" I shouted over the blasting stereo.
She jumped and spun around, sighing when she noticed who it was. She turned down the stereo and looked down at the floor.
"God, make yourself known next time!" She said as I jumped down onto the carpeted floor, it sinking under my boots.
"Sorry, but I love to surprise you." I smiled pulling her into a hug; she tensed and pushed me away. "What's wrong?"
"I-I...." She stopped and chewed at her lip nervously. "I don't want to talk about it."
"Why can't you talk about it?" I asked rubbing her shoulders; she again brushed away my hands and crossed the room. I followed and stared into her eyes. I wanted her to confess, it would prove she trusted me. "You can tell me anything; I'll understand."
She just looked down and thought about what I said. Finally she looked up and gasped.
"Andy, what happened?!" She placed her hands on the side of my face. "Who punched you?"
"Patrick." I said biting my lip.
"When?" Her eyes clouded for a brief second.
"Last night." I said brushing her hands away and turning to look at the wall.
"When last night?" She said following me.
"After I saw you two make-out, that's when!" I snapped turning back to her and watched her concerned smile fade.
"Oh." Was all she could say, before looking down and biting her lip again.
"Oh." I looked at her angrily. "That's all you have to say?"
"Well, what the hell do you want me to say?" She spat losing all that mellowness I had known her for. "Sorry I kissed your band mate, but he started it!"
"A simple sorry would have worked!" I shouted raising my hands out around my body.
"Well, then ok." She looked at me like I was a piece of shit on her shoe. "I'm sorry I kissed you're best friend!"
I couldn't hold back the anger that was brewing inside me. I forgot all the things my mother had taught me about never hitting a girl, not even if they needed to be hit. I hauled back and landed a stinging handprint on her cheek.
The minute I hit her I regretted it. She swallowed back the tears that hung in her eyes and pointed to the window.
"Thank you." She choked on her words. "Now, please get out of my room and out of my life."
I backed out of the room until I was standing on the roof looking deep into her burning eyes as she took one final look at me before shutting the window and closing the blinds. She looked like a part of her died inside; the love for me.
Sign up to rate and review this story