Categories > Games > StarFox > The Saurial Gambit

Chapter 3: Full Throttle

by Feuerstoss 0 reviews

Chapter 3

Category: StarFox - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Characters: Krystal - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-04-14 - Updated: 2007-04-15 - 1146 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Full Throttle.

The BMW's V12 engine roared as Brian floored it, the big German sedan launching itself onto the highway to a serenade of blaring horns of screeching tires as he forced a path into the nearest lane. Already, he could see the two Audis behind them trying to keep up.
Sergey handled his scavenged AKSU with a white-knuckle grip, as he stared behind, watching the other cars follow behind. Ron kept his eyes on the road ahead, but his Walther was still in his hand. Brian, however, kept on driving, the BMW's horn blaring as he forged a high-speed path through the traffic. All that mattered was that they get away, as he forced a glance to the speedometer. Over 110 miles per hour, and climbing.
The Audis struggled to keep up through the traffic, yet their patience was rewarded as they grew closer to the edge of the city. Traffic thinned out, and the twin S8s surged forward, their lighter frames and high-output V8s nearly outclassing the more powerful but far heavier BMW.
Brian floored the accelerator, the automatic transmission downshifting with a kick and the large German luxury sedan surged forward. He spared a glance towards the mirror, seeing the two Audis fade a bit farther into the background.
"We can't keep the pace going like this, Brian." Sergey spoke as calmly as if he were discussing the weather. "We will have to lose them."
"Easy enough for you to say." Ron interjected. "We're outnumbered and fairly well outgunned! If we can't get some decent distance, they'll just box us in and gun us down!"
Sergey shook his head. "We have a better chance of losing them if we can get onto some rural side roads, Ron. Brian, there will be an exit about ten kilometers from here. The farm roads beyond will give us some better choices than a straight highway."
Brian nodded, and kept his eyes on the road. "Alright, guys. But, if these assholes get close, I'm going to have to rely on you to put a few rounds at them. Long as they can't shoot at... "
Brian was cut off by a muffled thunk as something smacked into the rear of the BMW. One of the Audis was closing in, making its assault as its twin hung back. "Shit, guys! Give 'em some return fire!"
Sergey nodded, as he rolled down his window, allowing a torrent of wind to blast through the interior of the speeding car. He thrust the AKSU out of the car and fired a short burst at the Audi, the normally ear-splitting thunder of the AK brought down to a muted rattle by the wind. The tactic seemed to work, as the S8 weaved back and forth, dropping back a few hundred meters. Sergey rolled his window back up, making sure he kept an eye on the opposition.
At their speed, ten kilometers were eaten up relatively quickly. Brian spied the exit, swinging the BMW for it at the last minute, hoping to have the Audis overshoot it. The closest car did, however the farther car managed to keep on their tail as they slowed for the stoplight at the end of the exit.
As if on cue, Sergey and Ron rolled their windows down, their guns ready for action. The combined blasts of 9 and 5.45mm rounds slammed into the front of the Audi, causing it to nearly veer off the road as Brian made a hard right at the end of the intersection, amid blaring horns and German curses. He floored the accelerator again, sending the BMW blasting past a few cars before hitting another stretch of road.
"I think we did it, mates!" Ron grinned, and glanced behind them as they saw the Audi struggle to push past the mass of cars at the intersection. Brian nodded, as he slowed down to take a right turn onto a random road; making a few turns at various intervals to elude Sazbo's men.
"They might still pick up on us, Ron." Brian warned, as they slowed down to just over the speed limit. "Keep a look out." At that, Brian gave a sigh of relief, and started to pay a little more attention to their surroundings. If he hadn't been on this 'mission,' Switzerland would have been a beautiful country to visit. The rolling hills and small copses of trees which passed them almost made their deadly adventure surreal. They had already lost Jakob; he hoped to God all of them made it out of there safely, but he didn't deny he enjoyed the idellic scenery which they had emerged into.
Yet, as if someone had turned a switch, the skies darkened and they were pelted with a torrent of rain. The BMW's automatic wipers and lights switched on, and the three occupants of the car exchanged puzzled glances. "That was... sudden." Brian stated, as they drove on.
Sergey nodded. "It is almost unnatural for rain to start up that suddenly. Yet, anything that will complicate Sazbo's men is a boon for us." At that, they could hear the soft rumbling of thunder. However, it seemed... continuous.
Ron blinked, and glanced through the torrent of rain. "Bloody 'ell, guys. I've never seen it rain like this before. You blokes sure this was on the weather forecast?" The downpour had intensified, causing Brian to slow down to just under the speed limit. The road looked almost fit to flood, and the skies turned nearly pitch black. Lightning flashes slashed the skies around them, adding to the chaos outside.
Brian blinked, as all of this went on. "At least Sazbo's guys are going to have this to deal with, too. Jakob's death definitely won't be in vain, and I'll be sure to down a bottle of..."
"Watch out!" Sergey shouted, as a lightning bolt slammed down right in front of them, a strange, green glow emanating from it. Brian swerved to miss it, yet another shot right in front of them as well. "What the Hell is going on?" the Russian continued, as Brian swung the car through an ever-increasing lattice of green bolts.
Brian misjudged the next bolt at the last second, its electric finger slamming into the fender of the car. The BMW was encased with a green glow, escalating to a bright flash of light as Brian hit the brakes, gritting his teeth as he held the wheel straight.
Brian's next sensation was a cool, blue light, before the BMW smashed itself against something, hard. The airbag blew up in his face, momentarily dazing him to the startled shouts of Ron and Sergey. He dimly felt them try to grab him, yet they failed. He felt the deep-seated butterflies in his gut sensation of falling, before everything faded into black with the screech of bending metal and the clatter of shattering glass.
Sign up to rate and review this story