Categories > TV > Power Rangers > They Call Him Emperor

Perfect World

by JesusKetchum31 0 reviews

Supreme Commander Fowler Birdie shows the Crugers around Delta Base, cementing their decision to move to earth with a tour of the Delta Base Daycare.

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor, Sci-fi - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 737 words

0Unrated
"I'm glad to see you've accepted this post, Anubis. We welcome you here."

"It's my pleasure... We've wanted to live somewhere a bit more quiet."

Commander Anubis Cruger wrapped an arm around his wife, glancing over at her. She had laughed so hard at the television in the hotel room that her long dreadlocks had fallen out of their ponytail; now she was smiling through them, a big doggie grin. He had never seen Aisynia so happy in his life.

The Supreme Commander looked over to them, grinning. "Well, it doesn't get much more quiet than Earth. There are giant robot battles, alien invasions, and the like, but they always end the same way-with the victory of the Power Rangers. Aside from that, the crime rate in this region is low, the quality of life is high, and the cultural opportunities are immense."

"You say there are giant robot battles?" Aisynia asked.

Birdie chuckled. "Many of the would-be conquerors make attempts at Earth before anyplace else, because they know that Earth is nigh unconquerable. The strong natural morphing grid and the tradition of Power Rangers make this the safest planet in the galaxy, with all the good things about raising a child in a warzone-the respect for heroes-with none of the perils."

Icky Junior slid between his parents. He was wearing a baseball cap of some Earth basketball team. "Tell me more about the Power Rangers."

"Well, aren't you a little young for that?" the commander asked.

"I have to have something to look up to," He beamed.

"Well, since time immemorial, earth has had small groups of warriors called Power Rangers, who harness the natural power of the planet to fight evil. Similar to Aquitar, except the rangers here are much more diverse. We currently have one Squad of rangers in the works, and Dr. Katherine Manx is here working on a stronger set of morphers. We hope to have two squads of Power Rangers by 2025."

"I've heard of Dr. Manx," Anubis mused, "But 2025? That's only eighteen years."

"Dr. Manx can do it. She and her team are still working on the morphers... In fact, you'll meet several of their children at the next stop."

"Children?" Aisynia asked.

"Aren't I enough for you, Mama?" Icky responded.

"I see why you named him after Commander Artia," Birdie remarked. "He out of his element on Sirius?"

"He seemed pretty happy with his command last I spoke to him, sir." Doggie grinned. "Icthior does love being in charge."

"So, what about these children?"

"Earth Base has a full daycare center, operated by the best damn teacher in all the galaxy. He rules over the kids with an iron fist, but he doesn't stifle their creativity at all. And here we are!"

Birdie opened the door, and the Crugers found themselves in a room covered with artwork. Some of it was the usual fare-stick figures, construction paper-but there were portraits too, and musical scores written on walls...

A horned man in an apron made his way into view, carrying a crying little girl with a bandaid on her face. She wore a little purple dress and clung to both the strange man and a white ragdoll; the man seemed to wear a bone helmet with a huge horn emerging from each side.

"Commander Cruger, Mrs. Cruger, Icthior, I'd like you to meet Officer Grumm, head of S.P.D. Earth Daycare.

"Don't kids find you kinda scary?" Icky asked.

"Icky! Be nice!"

The menacing man chuckled. "Scary? They find me scary until I let them put popcorn wreaths on my horns."

"Dude, can I?"

"No."

A little boy with brown hair came up, holding hands with a little boy who had three bumps over each eyebrow. "Mr. Grumm! Charlie and Cliff are making fun of us!"

"Now why would they do that, Sky?"

The other boy cried, "Because we wanna play house just like they are."

"You tell them that seventy years ago on this little planet, they would have gotten made fun of the same as you did."

"Really?" asked the alien boy.

"Really, Dru. Now run along."

"Okay!"

"We love you, Mr. Grumm!" The boy called Sky hugged his leg.

"Mr. Grumm... snack time?" asked a dark-skinned boy from a nearby table.

"Doggie!" a little blonde girl cried, attaching herself to Commander Cruger's leg.

"What a perfect world..." Aisynia mused. "Oh, Doggie, let's stay here forever!"

"Yes... let's."
Sign up to rate and review this story