Categories > Original > Fantasy

Erica y la Pheonix

by paua_dragon 0 reviews

a magical entity breaks free of her prison with an explosive determination

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 382 words - Complete

0Unrated
Estelle scowled at her reflection in the mirror, it scowled back. Her grey eyes glinted in the dimness of her cell and the silence was punctuated only by the clacking of her captors boots on the cold floor. She was the only prisoner with a mirror; her captors wanted to torture their prey in a way that would rip out their very souls. Estelles reflection straightened and grinned, she didn't.

"They don't know what they've done," the reflection said gleefully.

"You stay out of this Erica," Estelle said sulkily. "I can't think properly with you gloating."

"Then you come in here, and I will go out there, and break us out."

"No!"

"Yes! I've been in here for three years and you've been captured for two, all because of your stupid paranoia!"

"Why can't you get you're own body!" Estelle yelled "Instead of using mine!"

"Estelle!" Erica yelled back "I AM YOU! AND YOU STILL DO NOT REALISE IT! IF I EMERGE AND YOU DO NOT RETREAT INTO THE VACCUUM ONE OF US WILL DIE!"

"Then 'emerge' and die!"

"You are the weaker being, i would prevail!"

Estelle sulkily turned away and Erica rubbed her head. "It is time to come out Esta and you know it, come in here or i will force you."

"No," she snapped "You can't force me." Erica sighed and vanished from the mirror. Suddenly Estelle's eye's rolled back into her head and she clenched her fists. "Get out Erica! Get out!" A flame flicker along her hairline and Estelle shuddered. It raged into a bonfire that swept down the length of the young womans' body. Her eyes rolled back and they were a firey orange.

The cell door creaked open and two people confered in its doorway. "Come over here Estelle, it's no use trying to kill yourself like that. You are not a witch."

"I am much more than a witch," the burning entity said, it's voice was layered, Estelles and Erica's. "And I am not Estelle." She turned and the woman gasped.

"My name is Erica human," the fire-woman smiled "And you have brought my wrath down upon your head." The woman and the guard screamed and fled as the thing known as Erica or The Pheonix advanced on them, fire blazing a trail.
Sign up to rate and review this story