Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

I only want sympathy in the form of you.

by grandtheftautumn 5 reviews

I CANT BELIEVE SHE .... haha read to find out what she does

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 1156 words

0Unrated
A/N: What to say... enjoying the fic? Hope soo.. thanks for the reviews people.. one of my shorter chaps. Guess you could call it a filler with 500+ words lol. Anyway it was even shorter b4 but i got creative. Much love. GTA




*

Chapter 12: I only want sympathy in the form of you.


As I looked up into his eyes, the anger momentarily subsided. His words felt sincere and genuine. His kiss sent a warm, tingle through my body. But for the first time, the embrace felt different, not as whole. Part of me felt estrange to it, and I couldn't reciprocate the love right then.

I wasn't sure what to say or do. I knew that if I answered him now, my decision would be rash and be spoken out of raw hurt and anger. So I told him, "I'm going to Brendon's, I need to get my head sorted. I'll see you later, okay?" And with that I left. When I arrived at the exit of the building I found Bren's car out the front, with Brendon inside.

"I thought I'd wait for a bit before I left." Wow, he's thoughtful tonight. "You okay?"

I nodded. "He said he was going to tell me today." He just shrugged. Most of the car ride was silent, with the occasional comforting words from Brendon. "I'm sure you'll work it out... Guess it was just a misunderstanding..."

I just mumbled replies. True. I don't know how Brendon is so relaxed about Pete taking his credit. He seems to have matured a lot.

Inside I knew that I cared about Pete a lot. I felt different around him; I know he sparked something within me. Lately I've wondered if I was falling for him or not. I was recounting everything in my head. His words, my own, our past conversations. I had never really told him about my past relationships. It just gets too painful. But I shouldn't have had to tell him. Right?

But maybe if I had told him, he would have understood why I was so upset. I'll have to talk to him about it later. It wasn't like he cheated or lied about doing something bad. I don't think I could throw what we have over a small bump in the road. Now he knows not to lie to me again about anything, and if he does then it's over.

"Amara, why don't you say to him, 'You know what Pete? I prefer Ryan. I can tell that he really likes me and I've known him longer. He also saved me and I know I can trust him.' Then he can go marry a chimp." Brendon's voice echoed in the back of my head.

I left my thoughts and turned to him disbelievingly. "What did you say?" Did I hear him right?

"Hello! Weren't you listening? You heard me, I said... Tell him you really like him even though you haven't known him that long. Also never again take credit for any of my work. If he does or breaks your trust again I'll get my pimp," he grinned.

Oh God. Have I become delusional? Did I hear him right the first time or were my thoughts projecting what I wanted to hear? Were the doctors sure they got all the GHB?

"Well we're here. Have you realized you want to go back already or are you going to come inside?" he asked, preparing to switch off the engine.

"I think I'll make him suffer a bit first. I'll go home in the morning. I've missed hanging with my best mates."

"Yay, now I can catch the Prisonbreak marathon," said excitedly. They brought out all the junk food in Brendon's kitchen and began to pig out in front of the television.

I told Brendon about my conversation with Pete. "I still care so I decided to give him a second chance. I'm guessing you're not mad that he said he saved me." "Nah, I know he's an attention whore. At least you laid it into him." He laughed.

They were nearing the end of the pilot episode when there was a knock on the door. Brendon opened the door to find Ryan on his doorstep. "Hey stranger!"

"Hey! I need to talk to y... Oh hey Amara." Ryan stopped in surprise.

"Hey Ryan," I beamed. I got up to hug him. "Thank you for the other night." I whispered in his ear.

Ryan was taken aback. "I uh. Yeah no worries."

I pulled back. "So what brings you to our side of the town?" I joked. He looked towards Brendon, "Ah, nah not much. Just wanted to say hi."

"Come watch Prisonbreak," suggested Brendon. "You've only missed the first episode."

The sound of Brendon singing pierced through the start of the fifth episode. A noticeable shade of red formed in his cheeks. "That's mine." Brendon got up to answer his cell. "It's Pete," he mouthed.

"I don't want to talk to him."

"Uh hey, yeah..." Brendon's voice trailed off as he headed for his room, and never came back.

Amara and Ryan were left on the lounge enjoying quality time with Wentworth Miller. This was more so for Amara's benefit.

"Ryan, I know that you and Brendon were the ones that saved me the other night. I don't know if you knew but Pete had me thinking it was him for the last couple days. Thank you, again."

"You know I'd do anything for you Amara. I'm always here if you need." It felt so long since she last looked into those warm, piercing brown eyes. "Yeah, I know Ry. I'd do the same for you." She smiled up at him before resting her head on his shoulder.

It had been a long day and it was getting late. The tiredness finally caught up with her. She had fallen asleep on Ryan so he couldn't leave without waking her up. She looked so peaceful. Ryan watched her chest rise and fall slowly. The way her hair fell on her face. It brought back memories of all the times she had fallen asleep in his arms after watching a movie, or a night of crying on his shoulder. He began to miss those days.
It was after midnight when he decided to turn off the television. Amara had shifted in her sleep giving him an opportunity to stand up. Unfortunately, he wasn't very smooth during the transition. She stirred again in her sleep but appeared not to have been awakened. Ryan reached across the coffee table for his Sidekick. The next moment he felt a hand wrap around his wrist. He turned to see Amara, gazing at him with eyes half open. "I'm going home now. I'll see you tomorrow," he whispered as he placed a blanket over her. She uttered several alluring words...

"Don't leave me. Stay the night."




*
o0o0o

R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story