Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8 > Redemption for the Lost

Redemption for the Lost

by inu_luvver10 0 reviews

Squall has to go on with his life after loosing Rinoa. Note that there is extreme violence in the first chapter.

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Rinoa, Squall - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-20 - Updated: 2007-04-20 - 747 words

0Unrated
Saving the World


Screams and feminine moans of pain rang out through the dim and dusty air of the old factory. Blood ran down pale wrists torn by nylon straps. Her blue overcoat hung in limp tatters, white wings stained crimson from whip marks criss-crossing her back like bloody ribbons. Tears leaked from swollen eyes, mixing with blood trickling from her scalp to stain her rosy cheeks.

The fanatics stood in a semi-circle around her, chuckling at their own sick joke.

She whimpered piteously as one of the men stepped forward, clasping a tethered cloth bag in his hand. He stared straight into her damaged chocolaty eyes, his own blue eyes glittering with malice.

Another man stepped forward carrying a nylon strap. He grabbed her legs, wrenching her body back to the wooden support beam, roughly securing her.

A wrenched cry escaped a bruised throat as a large splinter from the beam embedded itself deeply into her ankle.

The men laughed at her pain.

The man with the bag approached again, pulling a nail out of its clothed depths. He went over to a large basin filled with water.

She began sobbing and crying out anew at the sight of the steel pin.

The man ladled out a few drops, pouring them over the nail.

"By the power of Hyne, I use this blessed water to drive the evil from your soul. Upon its relinquished hold, your soul shall become pure once more, allowing you passage into heaven!" he man cried reverently.

He went over to her shaking form, placing the nail above her left foot.

The girl pleaded with the man to stop this madness and let her go.

The man just looked at her, eyes wide with insanity and brought a wooden mallet down upon the nail.

A shriek of pain tore through the stale air of the musty old building, as blood oozed out of the fresh wound, traveling down to the toe of her boot before dripping to the concrete below.

The zealots bowed their heads in prayer and prepared another nail, once again blessing it with the power of Hyne, before driving it into her right foot with another shriek. They again prayed and retrieved another nail, now moving up to her quivering ankle.

They repeated this process over and over, until her arms and legs looked more like pincushions than human appendages. Each nail had torn a new scream of pain from an abused throat until she could scream no more, only whimper in pain. Her blue coat was soaked red with her own blood, it oozed down her body, marching past the maze of nails before languidly dripping into a crimson puddle on the blackened concrete below. Some of the nail wound had already clotted but the majority still bled, squeezing past the intruding body.

The religious fanatics cut her down from the nylon straps, her body crumpling pitifully under its own weight. They gracelessly hauled her limp and ragged form over the rough concrete, leaving a red smear in their wake. They threw her upon a wooden structure. Her mind was too exhausted to register its true form and function, suffice to say that it was made of wood and it existed. Two of the zealots grabbed her wrists while another was at her feet. They pulled 4-inch spikes from their pockets, preparing to nail her to it. Only when they had her body spread into the proper position did she realize that it was a cross. She weakly struggled against them, but her bones and muscles were too torn to be of any use.

They simultaneously brought their hammers down, effectively crucifying her.

She cried out softly, pain washing over her senses, pushing her to the edge of oblivion.

They lifted the cross, propping it to the support beam to be tethered. Fulfilling their plan in Hyne's name.

Her chest heaved under her black shirt, gasping for the oxygen that her blood could not carry. Her body began to shut down with a miserable whimper. Her vision began to darken, images getting fuzzy around the edges. The pain began to lessen as her brain became muddled from oxygen deprivation.

As her eyes finally closed she heard one of the fanatics:

"Oh great Hyne. We have done our duty for you. We have rid the world of evil, as we shall continue to do for all time. We praise you, Hyne, and pray for our place in Heaven."

"Amen."
Sign up to rate and review this story