Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Clash of the Cliques

Clash of the Cliques

by A_Fallen_Shadow 1 review

allie is just the line breaker, and it's time to break the line between the cliques!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-04-22 - Updated: 2007-04-22 - 971 words

0Unrated
Just read this, this is what I call the prologue. You can call it whatever you desire. But this is where the story shall begin. Begin. Such an unusual word, there are many beginnings. But where we are going to start is not the beginning, it is where am entire school shall learn trust, friendship, the value of others, and that you should not judge a person by their appearance. All because of a garage band that no one thought would go anywhere, and a dance committee that needed a group.

Chapter One


Rebecca was bored.

Who is Rebecca you say? Well, she is a person in this tale. You'll know of her importance later on, but for now, know that she is 5 feet 5 inches, has light brunette hair with blond streaks in it. Bright green eyes, tan skin, and a bored expression on her face.

Oh yes, she was very bored.

That seems like a very strange thing to be when you're at a soccer game. Because wouldn't you be, well, kicking a ball around from person to person, running around, and getting muddy? Yes, Rebecca was in fact doing all of those things. Was. She was now on the bench, nursing an aching ankle, and staring out onto the field. Trying her very best to not fall asleep from the boredom.

'How on Earth can I be so bored?' She thought to herself. 'Maybe because nothing is really going on, they're just kicking the ball aimlessly.' She paused, 'God, this is dull.'
She picked up her water bottle and sprayed some on her face. Silently wondering how this was remotely entertaining to watch and spend hundreds of dollars for a ticket in a world cup game. No, this was not the world cup. This was a game she and all of her friends were playing as the last thing they would do together before summer would end.

It started out fun, there was a lot of energy and the teams were competitive. 'Apparently too competitive.' Johnny, one of the taller people, accidentally kicked her ankle and not the ball. And here she was, in all her glory, sitting on one of the lesser wasp covered rotting wood benches, putting a ice cold water bottle on her injured ankle.

'It's one of those times I should have listened to Allie and brought my i-pod, well, she did let me use hers, might as well use it.' Allie is Rebecca's best friend, they met up in kindergarten, and ever since then they were inseparable.

Allie is very different compared to Rebecca. She has very dark hair, it looks almost black against her white skin, she has natural bronze streaks in it to make her look less 'gothy', as says to mockers everyday. She also has hazel green eyes. She looked like an innocent little fourteen-year old, until you heard her talk. 'Allie is like a bomb,' 'Burn her up and she'll explode.' She was very outspoken, random, outgoing, but could play the guitar and sing like a totally different person. When she sings, it's like you have opened a bottle of emotion, because that's what comes out.

'But that's because she is a natural born artist, if she did accounting or something then she'd kill from frustration. Now to this i-pod, what does she have on this again?' Becca flicked through the artists, it was mainly rock, Alternative, Punk, 'the stuff that makes you feel free hope!' she smiled at the memory, everyone called her hope, (A.N. so that's what we'll call her m'k?) that was all she answered to as well.

'What's this band? My Chemical Romance? I should ask her later.' She clicked on the song I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and let the music fill her ears. It sounds live, must be a new song from a new band.

About an hour later it was time to head home, so Hope told everyone she'd see them tomorrow, and Allie tagged along on the bike ride home.

"That was so not fun Hope, once you got kicked out it was all down hill. I am so going to kick Johnny's ass later, he's gonna be crying for his momma! Oh yeah, he'll be at my mercy and won't feel his ass for forty years! It'll be kicked so hard! But what about you? Did you like sitting on the bench with my music?"

"Oh yeah! Allie, who's My Chemical Romance?"

"My Chemical Romance. You mean that garage band I found at school?"

"A GARAGE BAND!?!"

"Yeah, that's what they'd be called if they play in a garage."

"Who's in the band?"

" Uh, Bob Byrar-"

"Isn't he the guy with the lip ring?"

"Yeah, he's the drummer, damn good one too. He just moved here from Chicago."

"Who else?"

"Ray Toro-"

" Afro dude?"

"Mhm, he's a guitarist, Frankie Iero is the other guitarist."

"Isn't he the guy who constantly pranks the jocks?"
"Iero? Yep, that's him, he's the one who put all those prescription pill containers in that dudes locker. Then comes Mikey Way, the bassist."

"Mikey Way?"

"Yeah, he's the guy I gave the total makeover to remember?"

"Oh yeah! A true work of art now."

"Yeah, he's a chick magnet. My work with him is done isn't it?" She laughed

"Not yet, you still have to tell me if there is anyone else in the band."

"You really want to know?" Her friend nodded. Allie sighed, once Hope found out she would start to bash him.

"It's um, Gerard Way."

"The Freak?"

"Hope don't call him that, he's not a freak, you don't even know him and you've already judged him, did you even listen to the songs he wrote?"

"Yes, and they were emo and depressing." Allie shook her head, her friend just didn't get it.


Sign up to rate and review this story