Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Your Guardian Angel

School Sucks

by renthead 2 reviews

Gerard meets his guardian angel, and his life is completely changed. First MCR story, please read!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-21 - Updated: 2007-04-22 - 1073 words

0Unrated
School Sucks
I buried my head in my pillow. I didn't want to face the rest of my life at the moment. The sun was barely peeking through the blinds when I lifted my head up. I forced my self to get out of bed.
I hate New Jersey, I thought to myself as I pulled on the dreaded grey skirt. I was regretting the mistake I had made a few months before as I attempted to do my tie. Why did we move from civilized Ohio to New Jersey?
Because you're a failure, Autumn. Angel...The term barely suited my personality. But like all the rest, I had to find some shit head human to look after, make sure they didn't fuck their generation, and then replace them when they die. My last one didn't work out so well. I thought I could trust him...no. No human can keep a secret. So why did I tell him?
You were in love with him, stupid./Well, to make a long story short, he told people. /A lot of people. We had to move. Not only that, but my mother had to kill people and make it look like an accident. So we changed our name from Apfels to Apples and headed to NJ. I walked downstairs, waiting for my mother to tell me why I shouldn\'t fall in love with a human.
"Autumn..."
"What?"
"The school you're going to isn't a catholic school." She rolled her eyes
"Really?"
"Yes, now go change!" I was thanking God all the way up the stairs. I quickly pulled on a pair of skinnies, a black Metallica tee, and converse. I pulled the bun out of my hair and smeared black eyeliner along my lower lid. I ran down the stairs and out the door.
The cold October air stung my arms and face as I ran to the school. I stopped briefly at the river nearby; it looked like there was someone in it. I ignored it and continued.
Thanks mom. You want to go into hiding, so you move us to the most dangerous town in the US I finally saw the school come into view. There were people dashing in and out, trying to memorize their schedules. I walked into the attendance office, where the secretary gave me a hand book, emergency forms, and my tenth grade schedule. I threw all but my schedule into my bookbag, and looked for my locker on the fourth floor.
66-4, 66-5, 66-"Oh, for heaven's sake!" The angel's locker was the devil's number. I swapped my books and grabbed my art stuff. I wasn't too sure where the room was, but I was sure the girl nearby knew.
"Excuse me?" I tapped her on the shoulder."What!" She spat when she saw me.
"Where is the art room?""The basement." And with that, she turned on her heel and left."Thanks, I think." I took another quick jog down the stairs, but when I reached the first floor, the stairs stopped. I tried to get someone else's attention, but no one wanted to help me. A somewhat punk-rocker type boy was about to dash up the stairs, but I grabbed his hand to get his attention, to get anyone's attention."Huh?" he turned around and looked me strait in the eye. I resisted my shy reflex to stare at my toes.
"Where is the basement?" ...Why did I grab his hand again? He started to laugh.
"Are you new?" His smile was beautiful, I must admit.
"Yes, why?" He laughed again. It wasn't a mean laugh, more like an I-feel-sorry-for-you laugh.
"Well, uh, this school really doesn't have a basement."
"Damn..." I was about to turn and leave, but he put his hand on my shoulder.
"Um...what's your next class?"
"Art10, why?"
"Oh, that's my next class, too!" I smiled and followed him up the stairs.
"Say, I didn't catch your name. I'm Gerard, by the way."
"Oh, I'm Autumn. Er...nice to meet you." I sported a nervous grin. Could he be...?
"What's so funny now?" He had yet another gorgeous grin on his face."You are way too nice for this school, you know that?" Gerard held open the door to the art room.
"No, I didn't know that." I peered into the dimly lit room, there was hardly any art in the room. It looked and felt like a prison.
"Creativity isn't very encouraged here, is it?" I said, trying to get the topic onto art.
"Yeah, well, what did you expect?! It's a high school!" I laughed. I wanted to read his mind so badly; to just know what he thought of me, but I restrained myself. He continued:
"And just wait until SexEd!" He puffed up his chest to make himself look more like our health teacher. "If you fuck up," he pointed at me. "You're gonna DIE!!!" We both collapsed in a heap of giggles.
"MR. WAY!!" we both snapped our heads up at the sound of our art teacher's voice."If you want to flirt with the new student, you can do it on your own time, GOT IT?!?" Gerard blushed and looked at his shoes.
"Yes, sir." He muttered, embarrassed.
"As for you, Miss...Miss..."
"Apples," I muttered, myself. My last name wasn't exactly something to be proud of. Gerard confirmed that by snickering behind my back. I snuck my hand behind my back and, without getting the teacher's attention, gave him the only kind of sign language that I knew. He stopped.
"Miss Apples. Unfortunately, our only seat is next to Mr. Way, so PLEASE try not to talk too much?"
"Yes, sir." I turned to find Gerard with his head in his arms, laughing so hard he was shaking."Oh, please. Coming from someone in a Poison shirt..." I sat back and waited for his reaction.
"Hey, hey now!" He grabbed my journal off my stack of books and started to flip through it.
"You write poetry?" He held the notebook out of my grasp and continued to read it.
"Yeah, and I don't like anyone reading it." His eyes grew wide at one poem, the one about Erik. He looked at me and I dropped my gaze."Ex boyfriend?" he questioned sympathetically.
"Yeah," I breathed, turning my head so he didn't see me cry.
"Aw, sugar," he wiped the tears out of my eyes.
"MR. WAY!!!"
Sign up to rate and review this story