Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2

Forgotten

by Edward 1 review

Unrequited love is painful.

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Other - Published: 2005-10-30 - Updated: 2005-10-30 - 405 words - Complete

1Insightful
Forgotten

By Edward A. Simons

Based on characters and situations created by Takahashi Rumiko Ranma 1/2 and characters copyright Shogakukan, Kitty Animation Circle, and Takahashi Rumiko. This story written 2000 - Edward A. Simons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wait here in the restaurant surrounded by people yet so lonely because you aren't here. I miss you, but you probably aren't even thinking about me. Maybe you're out rescuing someone again. I wonder who it is this time? Akane? Shampoo? It's hard to think of someone you haven't rescued."

"That's one of the reasons I love you. I just wish you were here tonight rescuing me from my loneliness."

"I worry about you and the way you constantly face danger. You never seem to let me share that danger with you, either. My skills could have been very useful on your last expedition to China, but you never asked me to go with you. I try to pretend it's because you don't want me to get hurt, but you probably just forgot me again."

"Maybe it's because I didn't find you till after all the others, maybe that is why you spend so much more time with them. Why you usually forget about me. I wasted most of my life, trapped by my own negative emotions, until I found you. Found you just a little too late."

"I know the real reason you can't love me the way I love you. It's your stupid pride and insecurity about being a man. Raised in fear of your own mother, facing death if you failed to match her image of a man among men. Living your whole life in fear."

"Your curse just reinforced those fears. Fears that form a barrier separating us. I know you don't think of me as feminine, but I'm trying as hard as I can. It's not enough, is it? I may have spent most of my life dressed differently from the gender I was born with, but I have always thought of myself as a girl. I just wish you could see that."

"But you never notice my long dark hair, or my smooth skin, or my full lips. You'll never run you fingers through my hair, never caress my skin, never press your lips to mine."

"I long for a day I know will never come. I ache to have you hold me close in your strong yet gentle arms and softly whisper 'Konatsu, I love you.'"
Sign up to rate and review this story