Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki

Invoke

by fey_puck 0 reviews

A cheap inn with thin walls and thin lines to be crossed. Sanzo/Hakkai, implied Hakkai/Gojyo

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Cho Hakkai, Genjyo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, Son Goku - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2005-10-30 - Updated: 2005-10-31 - 774 words - Complete

1Exciting
When they finally found an inn to stop at it was a cheap one but the best for miles, because it was that type of town. The type that made Gojyo practically leap out of Jeep and jump the closest pretty thing the minute they stopped. Cheap inns, cheap beer, cheap women. And cheap food, which was as tasteful as the rest of the place but more pleasant smelling.

Which was why Goku was tugging at Sanzo's sleeve with much fervor.

"Saaaaanzo, look at all the vendors. There's noodles. And dumplings. And noodles. And more /dumplings/." Wide gold eyes looked like they were going to burst. "Come oooon, Sanzo, just one thing."

Sanzo threw an exasperated look at Hakkai.

Hakkai smiled back, eyes closed and clearly saying 'let him get something'.

"Fine. Take it." The coveted gold card was tossed towards the youngest member of their happy group. "But only get one thing." Sanzo noticed Gojyo eyeing the card. "That goes for you too, kappa."

Gojyo made a 'ch' sound. "Cheap bastard. C'mon, monkey, let's get something so I can ditch you for some real company." He turned and headed towards the door, leading a protesting Goku, who was clearly not a monkey in his own personal opinion and clearly deserved more than one thing.

Sanzo nearly sighed in bliss at the silence. He heard Hakkai chuckle and glanced over at him. One of the inn's lights was reflected in the brunette's monocle and made his good eye sparkle slightly.

Sanzo snorted.

"Shall we get a room?" Hakkai was already halfway to the stairs when the monk grunted his agreement.


The rooms were plain, with watermarks around the windows but not much else. Sanzo took what he thought was the cleanest for himself. Of course. "Let the idiots room together," he muttered, pushing down the top half of robes. "They deserve it."

"Ah, but then I won't know if Gojyo remembers to stumble back before we leave in the morning," Hakkai half-sighed, half-laughed and rubbed the back of his head.

The blonde sneered. "Let him forget. He can stay lost for all I care." Dislike curled around the lines of his mouth, his eyes, his body and it was no surprise, was blatant even, but it made Hakkai's hand shift without his realizing, made his fingers curl around the edge of his limiter.

The once-human dropped his hand a second later but his face hardened- dangerous, without the polite smile and easy words. And something entirely different went through Sanzo's body, sharp shock down his spine and straight to his dick.

Because Sanzo liked dangerous things as long as he could control them, liked the bite and snarl and fists if he could pull back and grab it by the neck. It didn't happen often, not with Hakkai who was usually so in control himself. Hakkai didn't get that look in his eye when he was in danger. Only when he was threatened. When he was mocked or kicked down like the mutt he was. Threaten its own and you'll find the real monster within.

He took a step forward, then another, inch by inch to invade the demon's territory. Almost touching, radiating distrust and anger and lust, all mixed together seamlessly. Like they belonged together. Judging, weighing the options, almost circling each other like battling Alpha-males.

Sanzo struck first, grabbed a fist full of green cloth and pushed backwards into a cheap, plain wall. Aimed for the mouth because that's where the most damage could be done, made teeth clash and lips bleed; felt strong fingers leaving bruises on his back. Pulling and pushing on his robe, demon versus human in one man. He pressed forward suddenly, viciously, anything to make it last without making it seem like he was trying and rode out the resistance. He could handle demons. Did it every day with a practiced ease. It was what he did.

Then Hakkai melted under him. Eyes softened and fingers left until he was pliant and nearly unmoving.

The human had won.

Disgusted with everything, Sanzo stepped back and away, resisting the childish urge to wipe his mouth on his sleeve.

"I'm sorry," Hakkai said and moved towards the door.

"No you're not."

The brunette cocked his head to the side. "No. I'm not." Because Hakkai was a human first and a human to Gojyo and that's what mattered. Humanity. Grins and leaning on shoulders. Knowing pain and knowing how to move on, go with the flow, fix it.

"Tell the ape he's rooming with me then."

Sanzo had never known how to deal with humanity.

So he pushed it away.
Sign up to rate and review this story