Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > He Was Drop Dead Gorgeous. Too Bad He Dropped Dead.

FOUR

by Sticky 2 reviews

They were looking for love, and we were looking for a warm place to sleep.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror - Published: 2007-04-27 - Updated: 2007-04-28 - 823 words

2Exciting

I couldn't believe I was actually doing it. Peter and I had secretly packed our bags and were on a bus headed as far away from home as we could get. Pete called his friend, an older boy, who went by the name Flip. Flip got us a ride to the bus station and by Pete's persuasion he decided to come on our adventure with us. "So, where the hell are we going?" Laughed Flip as we sat in the quiet bus. I group of older women over heard us talking and turned to stare. One woman leaned over and whispered to the other. I could tell she was talking about us by the way they gawked. Pete noticed this and without skipping a beat he stood up and said, "You got something to say Mrs.?" She blushed and shook her head no. "Yeah, that's what I thought. You're lucky I don't. ...Hey, how much money you got on you?" Asked Pete as he put on a tough face. The lady fumbled through her purse then handed Pete eighty dollars. "Thank you very much." he said warmly as he took the money and sat back down. The old ladies didn't even look at us for the rest of the ride. "Anyhow. I was thinking we go to New York City." Explained Pete as if him taking money from old women was completely normal. Flip and I agreed. It was decided we would go to New York City. The bus ride was endless. I couldn't sleep I just stared out the window and thought to myself. For a moment I thought about calling home but I couldn't work up the nerve to actually pick up the phone and talk to my parents. Pete took a handful of sleeping pills and he was out cold for the entire trip. Flip and I chitchatted for a while. He was a sweet kid. Finally, we arrived in New York. We drug our numb bodies out of the bus and sat on the curb. "Now what?" we all thought. Flip and I both looked to Pete for direction but he was staring into the window of a store. "Oh my god. Look at that. That's the most amazing bass I've ever seen. I have to get one." Whispered Pete as he was lured into the little music shop. We browsed, and browsed, and browsed until Flip and I became tired and decided to leave Pete in the music store while we went to go get a snack. Flip and I came back slurping milkshakes. Pete caught us by surprise; he wasn't in the store any more. He was sitting on the bench cradling a brand new navy blue bass. "Can you even play that thing?" Laughed Flip as he sat next to Pete. "No, but I can learn. It can't be too hard." Snapped Pete as he admired his purchase. "I guess we should get a hotel room or something?" I said while taking a sip of my milkshake. "Yeah, That's a good idea. I need a shower." Giggled Flip. "Yeah. Too bad I just spent all of our cash on this guitar." Said Pete with a sarcastic undertone. "You what?" I said with amazement. "I'll pay you guys back, I promise." Whined Pete. "I don't care if you pay me back. I just don't want to sleep in a back alley next to some rapist tonight." Roared Flip. "We'll find somewhere to sleep I promise. But we can't leave the rapist here. Greta is my friend." Joked Pete. No one laughed. We were angry with Pete. Why would he spend all of our money on an instrument he didn't even know how to play?

Pete and Flip were able charm two college students into letting us stay with them for the night. The students were both male, very feminine males. They let us stay in their living room. Flip and I slept on the couch while Pete slept on the floor. It was about eleven p.m. when I was awakened by a strange noise. I looked about the room trying to find the source of the noise. Then out of the darkness I saw Pete come walking out of the student's bedroom. "What are you doing?" I whispered trying not to wake up Flip. "Don't worry about it." Whispered Pete as he snuggled back into his blankets. The room was pitch black and even then I knew Pete had a huge grin on his face. I slowly fell back asleep and didn't wake up till eight the next morning. The college students made us breakfast and they joked around with Pete. I never worked up the courage to ask him if he had sex with those guys just so we could have a warm place to sleep. Now that I think of it, that was a very noble thing for him to have done for us.
Sign up to rate and review this story