Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Blue Skies

Truck and Roll

by Dragon_Fairies 0 reviews

It's a regular day for Takao as Kai wakes him before his alarmclock goes off. Takao is in love with Kai but never shows it or says so. Could Kai feel the same? And if he does will he get the chance...

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kai, Max, Ray, Tyson, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-27 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 1634 words

0Unrated
The First thing Takao saw when he woke up that morning was a grey and black blob in front of his face, with little splotches of a pale, almost white, color. There were two ruby orbs in the middle of all that color. It was a beautiful sight that the navy haired boy always got to when ever he was woken up before his alarm went off, and for some reason he couldn't find it in him to truly get mad at the guy for getting him up so damn early. Unfocused eyes, started to focus, and all the details of the Russian blader came out. Takao almost though that he'd seen one last glimpse of dream, that pale face smiling happily at him, but there was the ever present glare. Good-bye dream

"Kinomiya, get up! You need some training before school." Kai said in a cold harsh tone. He then pulled the blanket off the 'sleeping one'.

"God damn it Kai! It's cold!" Takao yelled indignantly.

"Don't care now get up!" Kai glared then turned and walked out of the room.

Takao rolled over and on to the floor with a thump. He got to his hands and knees and crawled over to his dresser. Then he slowly pulled himself up into a standing position and made to pick out his clothes but found that there was some already out. Takao shrugged and figure he put them out last night and forgot, so he pulled them on.

The teen made his way to the bathroom, knocking before entering. Takao brushed his hair and teeth, washed his face, and relieved himself. The teen washed his hands and made his way down stairs and found breakfast was already on the table. Takao blinked a few times, to make sure the food was there, and a large grin spread across his face.

Having gotten the reaction he wanted, Kai stepped in and said, "Eat fast so we can get some work in before school." There was no expression on his face, but Takao knew that the other was just covering up. The navy haired teen did as he was told anyway, and after they did get some training in before they headed off to school.

The walk was relatively quiet, with a little idle chitchat from Takao. Though even as Takao was talking about random things his mind was on why Kai hadn't left back for Russia yet. Rei had gone back to China, though not by his decision by government, everyone had forgotten that China was an extremely strict communistic dictated county. Max went with his mom, so that left the teen, Kai, Hiromi, and the Chief. Takao didn't really get to see Chief that much as he'd gone on to college and Hiromi was in another class so the two sort of drifted apart. So the forefront thought in Takao's head was why Kai hadn't left him like the others had.

"Kai?" He questioned

"What, Kinomiya?" Kai intoned.

"Why haven't you left like the others? I'm not saying I don't like you here, I was just wondering why you hadn't taken off like the others." Takao was serious and the older teen could tell that the boy had been thinking this over for a while now.

"Well for one this is the only place I have to go. My only relative I have is in prison." Not to mention this will be the only place I could call home. "You're my friend Takao and I'm not going to leave you here so you can commit suicide because you're alone." Kai finished without looking at the other. Takao smiled one of his radiant smiles and just stayed silent for once. Kai looked at the other boy out of the corner of his eye, and seeing that smile, that seemed so much more real then all the others he'd seen on the younger, he let a small smile grace his lips as well.

As the two walked into the school grounds no one saw anything unusual as they walked side-by-side in to the school as they did this at least once a week. But some of the kids that knew the teens better than others thought there was something a little different as they walked. Then they saw it, Kai had an almost non-existent smile on his face which threw them for a loop. One of the year book editors who had seen this took a picture of the two friends.

The day was normal for the most part and Kai was a little more open that day. Any partner projects that day they were paired and Taka continued his idle chitchat, Kai figured he'd join in instead of making Taka look insane talking to himself.

It was lunch that day that made every thing take a turn for the worse.

Kai had gone to lay underneath his favorite tree on the school grounds while Takao went to get lunch. Lunch period usually went like this; Takao would go get lunch, Kai would go lay down for a bit, Taka would invite Hiromi to come eat with them, and she would either decline or accept. At first she ate lunch with them more often then not, but recently she had taken to declining in preference to eating with her new girl friends.

Takao came up to the brown haired girl, "Hey Hiromi! You wanna come and eat with Kai and me?" The navy haired teen had a wide grin on his face but Hiromi just shook her head.

"Not really Ta. But I'll join you guys tomorrow." She gave him a sweet smile. Takao was about to reply when someone spoke up.

"Why would you wanna sit with those two fags Hiromi?!" She turned to the guy who had yelled that and Takao just stared on confused.

"Yeah! We all know what they're doing behind that tree." Someone else catcalled

"We've all seen the picture of them asleep together." Kai, who had thought that Taka had taken too long to get back, came up hearing all of this.

The two toned haired teen sneered at all of them. "How is that proof that I'd do homosexual crap with this dork." He snarled at the crowd. "He's just a dumb kid who doesn't understand much of anything and his parents didn't even want." And right when he'd said those words, Kai knew he'd gone too far. Kai turned to look at his friend and saw the look of 'how could you' on his young face; the navy haired teen was the grand portrayal of down-and-out.

Takao just stood there completely shocked. He was no longer seeing the scene from his own eyes but from up above he was detached from the humiliation and loneliness. He watched as everyone laughed, because not only was he just a fag he was a bastard that neither his mother nor father wanted. They made something that already hurt, hurt just that much more. Every one knew he had an older brother and a dad and they also knew that he lived with his grandpa. Only one family member wasn't ashamed of him and that was Gramps. Kai had hit a really sore spot with him, and Takao looked back trying to figure out why he deserved this and the only thing he could think of was this morning, but Kai had seemed happy all day. Takao could see the horribly guilty and apologetic look on Kai's face, Takao knew he hadn't meant it but that didn't keep the pain of everyone else away. He could also find an upside to these kinds of situations and would laugh along with, but he couldn't do that. He was surrounded, so he did the only thing he could think of while being so surrounded... Takao ran.

Takao ran off the school grounds down the street and on and on and on. He didn't once notice that Kai and Hiromi were chasing after him. He didn't notice the rest of his friends across the street with his brother. He also never saw the light change on the inter section up ahead, so he kept running. He didn't hear the screams for him to stop and was hit by an oncoming car that hadn't needed to stop. Takao rolled over the hood, over the roof, was hit by the appendage on the back of the car and landed smack in the middle of the inter section. Every car slammed on their brakes and go out of their cars.

All Takao could feel before he went numb was extreme pain. He lay there gasping for breath while coughing up a bit of blood. He could hear screams of bystanders he could hear crying of women and children. Then he was surrounded by a bunch of familiar faces. Max was there, and so was Chief, and Hitoshi, and the ever wise Rei. Also there was his two chasers Hiromi and Kai. Every one around him saw the blood that was starting to pool around him. He looked up at the sky and saw it was amazingly blue, only the occasional fluffy cloud, and the sun was shining happily. Takao managed a weak smile as he looked back at Kai. It seemed he was reliving that morning but in reverse and instead of a glaring Kai, Kai was crying. The perfect blue triangles were getting smeared by the tears running down the boys face. There was sadness and worry within the ruby orbs. Then, as every thing started to fade, the navy haired teen thought he saw the dual haired teen say, but looked like mouthing, because he could no longer hear, 'I love you'. The words the young teen had always wanted to hear. Then all went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story